• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

GBEast have the high energy people while everyone is low energy on West except for Rorie which is why Rorie was the most popular character in the popularity polls.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm the complete opposite :eek: I don't listen to the Beastcast at all and I watch through every single Bombcast. I don't tune into the East crew at all really, now that I think about it. Just the occasional quick look. I did, however, watch a little of the Total Overdose livestream and a little of a Soul Calibur livestream.

I am part of the percentage of people who make UPF the most watched segment :3
(UPF is the entire reason I pay for a sub btw)

Oh god

This thread's matter has met its anti matter.

Hasney

I like both sides, they have different vibes. I will agree with what Data West said a couple of days ago though and those that only like the East side do have that small sports team mentality and feel need to shout about how much better it is whenever they can.

Abby seems to fit in well personality wise like Ben did on the west side, so that seems ace. She says 'like' a lot though, but that goes away with experience. Hell, when Waypoint started, Patrick was so out of practice he said 'ya know' every other word. Dan moving out East was the best thing that could happen for me, while I liked him out west, he's a much better fit with those guys.

Yup, I love UPF. It's solid hungover Saturday tablet programming while playing another game.

Here's the important one. Do you own Hitman?

....Do I own Hitman... YES I DO BOY. Hitman is my favorite franchise of all time; I've been playing ever since the first one. I bought all the episodes piecemeal and the extra missions because I wanted to give them a little more. The recent news definitely broke my heart :(

Hasney

....Do I own Hitman... YES I DO BOY. Hitman is my favorite franchise of all time; I've been playing ever since the first one. I bought all the episodes piecemeal and the extra missions because I wanted to give them a little more. The recent news definitely broke my heart :(

Excellent. I don't have to add you to the LIST OF BLAME

I can not remember the last QL I've watched. I know I watched the one for The Witness but that's about all I remember. I'm always way behind on Premium stuff.

Wait, I definitely checked out some of the Persona 5 QL. 1 in the span of a year or two ain't bad.

Oh trust me I'm not a part of that. I just kinda like all of Giantbomb.

Don't get me wrong, I fuckin' love everyone. Dan is even my favorite employee. It's just that I don't have much time and have to choose between the content I watch and GB West's segments are more enjoyable for me. My favorite kind of stuff is when they bring in tech like the Framemeister because I am super into that sort of stuff or when Jeff worked on that Blitz machine. Demo Derby is also a part of this group of content GB West typically does; content that is essentially industry vets telling you how it was in the industry back then and sometimes, some cool tech showcases. I find all of that stuff super interesting and one of the main differentiating factors of GB among everyone else.

I'm gonna listen to today's Beastcast though since it is a day off :)

Jintor

vanquish as a b-game?

i kinda get where they're coming from... and i haven't played vanquish for a time, so i guess there's significant margin for error

i'll wait until i play it again to burst out in righteous outrage, i guess

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I like Rorie but a well documented weakness of his is his inability to let people play a game without small talk going on.
isn't there often the complaint that "god, the guys just kinda sat that and played the game, it was kinda boring."

vanquish as a b-game?

i kinda get where they're coming from... and i haven't played vanquish for a time, so i guess there's significant margin for error

i'll wait until i play it again to burst out in righteous outrage, i guess
it's a good game, but it's a -��game

xuchu

Abby's great but are they just gonna hide her away in the production room? I guess 5 people on the beastcast is a bit too much. Or maybe it's gonna be like Jason and Drew where they will slowly have their own features and quick looks.

And Rorie's great!

Abby's great but are they just gonna hide her away in the production room? I guess 5 people on the beastcast is a bit too much. Or maybe it's gonna be like Jason and Drew where they will slowly have their own features and quick looks.

I know Abby is there for video production/helping with production, so she might take the Drew/Jason backstage only role for a while. Besides that, I don't think they've really said much about if she's going to be on-screen or not.

Hasney

Beastcast worked fine so I assumed she'll be on this going forward. The rest, depends on what they want to do. Sure Abby will if there's a game she wants to be in on a QL of and it works well.

So abby won't be a regular on the beastcast?

Sounded that way, but I feel like he may have just said it oddly. Seemed more like he just meant she'll be in the production studio for everything and he just happened to say it after mentioning her being on this Beastcast.

I'm guessing she'll be a regular on the cast.

mintyice

I'm the complete opposite :eek: I don't listen to the Beastcast at all and I watch through every single Bombcast. I don't tune into the East crew at all really, now that I think about it. Just the occasional quick look. I did, however, watch a little of the Total Overdose livestream and a little of a Soul Calibur livestream.

How can anyone possibly be so wrong?

xuchu

Sounded that way, but I feel like he may have just said it oddly. Seemed more like he just meant she'll be in the production studio for everything and he just happened to say it after mentioning her being on this Beastcast.

I'm guessing she'll be a regular on the cast.

Yeah, hope she'll be on the podcast weekly.

Hasney

I thought he was making a joke about how bad that control room is rather than banish her to it for the podcasts. Can't remember any quality issues that require someone to be in there all the time anyway. Just need someone on the decks for video stuff.

It worked, didn't feel like too many people or anything.

PizzaFace

Banned
5 Minutes in and Abby already fits in perfectly with East.

I like Ben, but he's very low-energy, which is the total opposite of what West needs right now. Hopefully the next hire is a bit more on the Dan side and all will be well again!

Real Hero

5 Minutes in and Abby already fits in perfectly with East.

I like Ben, but he's very low-energy, which is the total opposite of what West needs right now. Hopefully the next hire is a bit more on the Dan side and all will be well again!

there's going to be another hire?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I like abby too from what I've heard, but how is she anything but low energy in this beastcast? She seems unused to podcasting too, seeing that most of the conversation is still dominated by the main 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom