• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I like abby too from what I've heard, but how is she anything but low energy in this beastcast? She seems unused to podcasting too, seeing that most of the conversation is still dominated by the main 4.

Haven't listened yet but they're always a bit quiet in the beginning. I'm sure she'll open up as she gets used to the flow. I remember when Drew barely talked when he first came on.

Hasney

I like abby too from what I've heard, but how is she anything but low energy in this beastcast? She seems unused to podcasting too, seeing that most of the conversation is still dominated by the main 4.

Unused to podcasting and seems to not follow visoegame news that closely since it was never her job. Both things that will be fixed. She's a lot more active know the email part. Can also throw in it's her first week of meeting them even, so probably doesn't want to always butt in.

Ben had the advantage of both already podcasting and knowing at least Jeff, Brad and Rorie as well as being in the industry.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haven't listened yet but they're always a bit quiet in the beginning. I'm sure she'll open up as she gets used to the flow. I remember when Drew barely talked when he first came on.

Oh definitely, I'm not pinning this performance as she doesn't fit, but I really don't see how people can go "Yep she's already better than ben" - or do any comparison at all - from just this.

Harpuia

Yeah as much as I am loving persona 5 it's character development exists for the entire arc of a palace and whoever you recruit in that one, I do wish that it did a better job and I agree with Alex's complaints. Like, Ann hasn't done anything interesting storywise after Kamoshida's palace. Ryuji and Yusuke kind of do but it's because their character quirks lend themselves to being more active. Makoto is constantly involved because her sister is a major player in the story for the vast majority of the game. Futaba is also great and it's because of her background story and connection to Sojiro. Akechi is also pretty involved because he propels the story forward.

At least it's fun to play unlike the travesty of gameplay persona 3 is.

Antiwhippy

Hey, if you're into persona for RPG combat you're in the wrong series lmao. Then again this is how I feel when people talk about P2 being amazing.

At least 3 still had a semblance of a challenge though.

Zaph

5 Minutes in and Abby already fits in perfectly with East.

I like Ben, but he's very low-energy, which is the total opposite of what West needs right now. Hopefully the next hire is a bit more on the Dan side and all will be well again!

Yup, he's cool but I originally hoped he was the producer hire and we would get a more engaging editor.

West feels no different at all and Ben seems like he's already settled, so I doubt things will change much.

makoto is more than just the class president!

okay maybe she's not
Makoto is like the best and most well-developed of the whole crew I've met so far. She's got all sorts of stuff going on.
Her relationship with her sister, the stuff with her dad, the way the school treats her, her questioning her direction in life and why she's studying so hard in the first place
... It's some good shit.

Also Vinny if you're reading, you can hold Triangle to speed up the victory screen.

Antiwhippy

Persona 5 has the best combat in the series by far. At least I wasn't bored like I was by P3/4.

Honestly it got kinda boring for me?

I was just spamming physical midway through the game.

Dungeons are blasted through just so I could get to the interesting parts.

Hjod

Banned
I finished What Remains of Edith Finch yesterday.

Great art style, cool idea but tbh the story didn't do anything for me, and that'd probably because I'm stupid and didn't understand it.

Now I don't know what I'm going to play, I have Nier laying around here, I borrowed it from a friend a couple weeks ago.

But I want to play Prey, maybe I should play Nier and get Prey when it's on sale.

Xater

I don't know even P5 is not getting into boring territory for me 50 hours in. P4 was the last JRPG is genuinely enjoyed, but now even this series begins to bore me halfway through. You could probably cut half of it out and it would flow way better.

Antiwhippy

You should totally up the difficulty if that happens. Keep you on your toes.

I probably should honestly, but I'm weirdly stubborn in that I feel that I should see one set path through. I dunno. Never am one to change difficulty midway through.

daveo42

Banned
Makoto was the best character because you could tell how much work went into her as the
primary love interest for Joker
Also her Persona is bad ass.

Persona 5 has the best combat in the series by far. At least I wasn't bored like I was by P3/4.

5 became more about SP management early game and then...well fuck all by the end. I loved the dungeons way more than 3 or 4 by a wide margin, but the combat was less challenging than 3 and probably somewhere near 4G's difficulty. With Phys being so over powered and the lack of Null/Rpl demons, even those with no weaknesses go down real easy.

every single p5 dungeon is about 20% too long for my tastes.

i love makoto btw

The 5th one, I think
UFO?...........
is the first one that has really bothered me. Finding who had the keys was frustrating, then the boos fight was just a rundown of the same enemies.

Edit: That entire episode of Black Mirror seemed personally made for me. Have a ridiculous fear of both Spiders and Alzheimer's.

LiK

Palace 7's length was insane esp with the same puzzles throughout. I have to complete that again tonight in NG+ in order to get my Plat and boy, I am not looking forward to it again. At least I can destroy the enemies since I'm lvl 99 now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Surge looks like they really hamstringed souls combat into a sci-fi setting. Really doesn't work. 'Oh everyones in Exoskeletons that all fight like humans'

Jintor

i had a weird idea for some kind of dead rising game where you played the US president before realising, in the future, the US president can never ever be cool again in any media ever

Wunder

Why do people want two "high energy" coasts? It's a good contrast to have a chill stream and another that's a little crazier. Even when Dan was on West it wasn't like the others got amped up because of it. Just because Ben is low key doesn't mean he can't bring ideas and new shows to the table.

Hasney

Why do people want two "high energy" coasts? It's a good contrast to have a chill stream and another that's a little crazier. Even when Dan was on West it wasn't like the others got amped up because of it. Just because Ben is low key doesn't mean he can't bring ideas and new shows to the table.

Yup, that's what I like. Dan did have his energy moments, but I actually found him sometimes overbearing when he was like that. With Vinny to match him, it's a great fit. I like the chill nature of the west coast, different moods, mann.

Wunder

Yup, that's what I like. Dan did have his energy moments, but I actually found him sometimes overbearing when he was like that. With Vinny to match him, it's a great fit. I like the chill nature of the west coast, different moods, mann.

Yeah I think Dan works so much better on East compared to West, even though he had Drew. No one else engaged him in his antics as much as Vinny has and Alex plays the straight man well. It would need more than one hire to shift the whole atmosphere of West but I dont know if that's a thing that should be changed anyway

Abby was pretty cool on the Beastcast even if she was a bit quiet. Totally understandable considering it was her first time and she doesn't have any experience doing stuff like that, I might even say she did super well considering her background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom