• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

TheModestGun

Neo Member
Are the challenges and training locked for everyone else? After I get through the 200m fast car braking training it says further exercises aren't available in this version. I was under the impression this was unrestricted in the 4 day period.

Same with purchasing cars.

5taquitos

Are the challenges and training locked for everyone else? After I get through the 200m fast car braking training it says further exercises aren't available in this version. I was under the impression this was unrestricted in the 4 day period.

Same with purchasing cars.
You thought you'd have unrestricted access to literally the entire game for free for four days?

cakely

It's true. Idk how they did it. Online races are so sane and orderly. I think theres enough people more concerned with their sportmanship rating than just winning.

Does everyone start with a "B" SL? I've only been in one race that had any "C" drivers in it at all.

In my four sport races I think that I've made a little progress towards "A" but it's hard to tell.

TheModestGun

Neo Member
I guess? Is the condescension necessary?

The way everyone was talking about it, people kept referring to it as "the full game".

I guess I was just reading into people's comments too much.

TheModestGun

Neo Member
I know typically that's true, but I SWEAR I read multiple posts about people accessing features that I have literally NO access to. So I was tripping out a bit, especially with some of the strange issues it seems people are running into with crashes and disconnects and progress not saving.

bud

alright, i see it. the game can look phenomenal. they just need to sort out the aliasing in quality mode.

the actual game's fun.

JamboGT

I know typically that's true, but I SWEAR I read multiple posts about people accessing features that I have literally NO access to. So I was tripping out a bit, especially with some of the strange issues it seems people are running into with crashes and disconnects and progress not saving.

As well as the licenses, which are the braking events and things like that there are missions. You have two sets of those, 1 and 6, 8 events in each. You should be able to access those.

I tend to bop back and forth the two big console franchises, and I am feeling GT Sport more this go around from time with the demos.

The areas that I am digging so far are :

- Driving feel on the sticks
- Lighting is godly
- Scapes is glorious
- GT always is king of replays
- Like the GT UI this time around

I'm more of a single player guy, though. Need to get some more play time on this trial to decide if the light campaign & car selection is worth the 60 bucks to me or not.

GHG

alright, i see it. the game can look phenomenal. they just need to sort out the aliasing in quality mode.

the actual game's fun.

I've not seen much aliasing in quality mode on my OLED. I'm usually quite militant when it comes to image quality. Is your TVs sharpness setting too high?

kriskrosbbk

How do you qualify in a Lobby race? I dont see an option except Enter and Go to track. What is the difference anyway?
As I am the creator of the room, did I miss an option to add qualification ?

thelastword

Banned
Absolutely superb this GTS.......Addictive is an understatement. Granted, trials, licenses etc..have been my favourite aspect of racers in a minute and gladly it's here in spades...I just need to chase that gold....don't I?....>SMH......;)

Have so many shots and replays too.....I don't think I've ever seen a racer with such a deep menu system, so many options. Photomode is brilliant, so many options on replays too....

What's great is that progression system though, people thought GTS would not have a proper campaign, but what's here is so deep and layered....The achievements/milestones is where you get the most EXP, I booted GTS this morning and gained a tonne of EXP and other progression cheevos, mostly from the time I spent in the game prior to today....Miles driven, livery setup, races won etc...It's really an RPG styled racer and you don't even worry about these milestones which is logged on your personal profile in the background, because you're having so much fun doing the events as is.

I'm at level 10, have not touched online yet though, but I've heard good things...I really like sector/training/racing, you get a tonne of credits doing that...All in all, amazing....And yet, there's so much in this I've not gone in depth with.....I've mainly just been doing campaign events......Can you believe...

Gestault

Does all the online stuff even work?

All I get are disconnects regardless of sports or lobby mode

It may be related to your NAT type. There are a bunch of tutorials about putting one system or another in a DMZ on your router to get Nat-0 if you can't otherwise.

Echoes

Absolutely superb this GTS.......Addictive is an understatement. Granted, trials, licenses etc..have been my favourite aspect of racers in a minute and gladly it's here in spades...I just need to chase that gold....don't I?....>SMH......;)

Have so many shots and replays too.....I don't think I've ever seen a racer with such a deep menu system, so many options. Photomode is brilliant, so many options on replays too....

What's great is that progression system though, people thought GTS would not have a proper campaign, but what's here is so deep and layered....The achievements/milestones is where you get the most EXP, I booted GTS this morning and gained a tonne of EXP and other progression cheevos, mostly from the time I spent in the game prior to today....Miles driven, livery setup, races won etc...It's really an RPG styled racer and you don't even worry about these milestones which is logged on your personal profile in the background, because you're having so much fun doing the events as is.

I'm at level 10, have not touched online yet though, but I've heard good things...I really like sector/training/racing, you get a tonne of credits doing that...All in all, amazing....And yet, there so much in this I've not gone in depth with.....I've mainly just been doing campaign events......Can you believe...
I feel the same in general. I'm at level 15 with north of $200K and I feel like there's a lot to explore. I love the Sports mode, but I'm surprised at how much I'm finding in the single player content.

Crayon

Does everyone start with a "B" SL? I've only been in one race that had any "C" drivers in it at all.

In my four sport races I think that I've made a little progress towards "A" but it's hard to tell.

You start with b. You can see your b will be red , blue or white at the end of a race to show how it moved.

What am I doing wrong?

Been trying Driving School 8... my car seems to max out at 64-65mph on the initial straight away while videos I watch have cars getting up to 70-71mph.

Just did my first three Sport races. Incredible. I have never before experienced online racing this clean, and I'm only Sportsmanship B!

Definitely gonna be playing more. How fast does the Sportsmanship Rating change if you drive clean?

Does all the online stuff even work?

All I get are disconnects regardless of sports or lobby mode

It was working last night and at least this morning?

Just did my first three Sport races. Incredible. I have never before experienced online racing this clean, and I'm only Sportsmanship B!

Definitely gonna be playing more. How fast does the Sportsmanship Rating change if you drive clean?

Best as I can tell--the SR inches up for each clean segment, and eventually results in a Blue (good), White (neutral), or Red (bad) letter. Enough blues/reds and your rating will move in that direction?

ValfarHL

Tried the demo, really like what I played so far. Only drove the M4 at dragons tail and the only thing I don't like about the game is that the sense of speed is really low so when I enter a corner the car understeers like crazy because I'm going to fast without realising it.

Yes, this is a problem

Tried the demo, really like what I played so far. Only drove the M4 at dragons tail and the only thing I don't like about the game is that the sense of speed is really low so when I enter a corner the car understeers like crazy because I'm going to fast without realising it.

What camera are you using? I had this issue with the chase came, but the bonnet/cockpit views are much improved (for me).

Echoes

What am I doing wrong?

Been trying Driving School 8... my car seems to max out at 64-65mph on the initial straight away while videos I watch have cars getting up to 70-71mph.
Possibly (not sure) they're shifting gears manually. I couldn't Gold one of the challenges without changing it to manual.

ValfarHL

Still can't get the ffb to anything close to acceptable with my T300. Send help.

There only settings available are max torque and sensitivity?

nw3

we need more camera shake, that helps with the sensation of speed.

Driveclub has the ability to control the amount of shake.

Accord and Civic please be in the first batch of DLC cars...

Please PD!!!

Also needs more shake to handle sense of speed. Odometer says I’m going 80 and just doesn’t feel like it sometimes, I already suck at turns, help a brother out PD.

What am I doing wrong?

Check to see if you have any assists on. Especially brake assist.

Also your traction control might help. You want to lower it if it’s set too high.

bombshell

Some earlier posts that as far as I could see were not given these particular answers.

I am still a bit confused why do I need to buy cars in this game where even in online racing I am suggested to have some cars and not using mine that I bought. The only place that I can use the garage cars is under arcade?
Anyone can clarify this?

I know that in the online Lobby mode you use your garage cars. For example I could join a lobby of a Gr.3 race, but I could not enter the race since I still have no Gr.3 cars.

how do I get more courses on the arcade mode? I only have 5..

I don't exactly remember where, but I saw somewhere in the game where it said that Driver Level at certain level milestones will unlock tracks in Arcade mode. But like the replies you got, it's probably also down to this being just a demo that there's another limit on the tracks you have in there.

How do you qualify in a Lobby race? I dont see an option except Enter and Go to track. What is the difference anyway?
As I am the creator of the room, did I miss an option to add qualification ?

I don't think there's qualification in lobbies, just free practice before race. Qualification is only in Sport mode.

So Enter is you acknowledging that you want to enter the race (since you can also just spectate a race), Go to track is your option to do some practice before the host decides to start the race.

hawk2025

Well, this demo has been a fucking fantastic surprise.

Everything is so damn smooth and a joy to play. Somehow I’m in on Gran Turismo again.

Have you set the Display Area correctly in PS4 Video Settings? Also make sure your TV is not overscanning

Beautiful shot by the way!

Thanks! It could be an overscan issue; I have an old Samsung 720p plasma that has no overscan options. Though I've never had this problem taking screenshots with other games. I wish you could just save photos directly to the PS4's media library, unless I'm missing something.

I'll post it again for the morning crowd, as I think it shows how competent the photo filters are.
1izUcLv.jpg

bombshell

Thanks! It could be an overscan issue; I have an old Samsung 720p plasma that has no overscan options. Though I've never had this problem taking screenshots with other games. I wish you could just save photos directly to the PS4's media library, unless I'm missing something.

You can try and check your PS4 system settings to see if you have the corners correctly aligned to your TV corners. It's in [Settings] > [Sound and Screen] > [Display Area Settings].

Still uncertain about playing the game as such. However this is one of the most sublimely presented games I have ever seen. The music alone is fantastic. But it's all such a well made, highly polished experience, As for the photo mode? Fuck me it's insanely good. Now, do I preserver with the online racing stuff (never been a big multiplayer person) or not?

Melfice7

Two of my daily rewards were the same car.. 208 GTi, i have bad luck :\

Won a couple full grid sport races though, feels good

Gestault

Played some of the intro challenges in the tutorial mode. Not bad, and overly easy, but man I've done these a lot. I don't understand why a notification specifically says you can change car settings at any point from the options menu. You can see them at any point, but you can't change them unless you're out of the race event at a higher menu. It wouldn't have mattered, but even with the expert default for assist settings chosen, it does some weird assist stuff. Including defaulting to Automatic Transmission. Wut.

Looking forward to the later stuff.

Its a weird feeling for someone known in real life to be the ultimate gt fan to play debbie downer, but i dont get the feedback here.

Handling has a very binary feeling, its either understeer or oversteer, theres no substance to it, and what was good enough in 2007 just isnt good enough these days.

Braking is absolutely wrong in this game, so is the differential work specially when coasting or reducing speed.

Tuning is unchanged since the series introduced toe in settings in gt2 or gt4, meaning that theres no air pressure adjustments, which says it all you need to know about their tire model.

You have fantasy cars racing in fantasy tracks under fantasy conditions. In the past gt tried to be realistic but it was held back by the tech.

Now the game is mostly based in fantasy because its aimed to the casual market, and i dont blame them because thats where the sales are.

If you were 15 or so when gt1 was released youre pretty much only playing on nostalgia, but i guess if you are sort of new to racing games you can have some enjoyment out of this.

Its a weird feeling for someone known in real life to be the ultimate gt fan to play debbie downer, but i dont get the feedback here.

Handling has a very binary feeling, its either understeer or oversteer, theres no substance to it, and what was good enough in 2007 just isnt good enough these days.

Braking is absolutely wrong in this game, so is the differential work specially when coasting or reducing speed.

Tuning is unchanged since the series introduced toe in settings in gt2 or gt4, meaning that theres no air pressure adjustments, which says it all you need to know about their tire model.

You have fantasy cars racing in fantasy tracks under fantasy conditions. In the past gt tried to be realistic but it was held back by the tech.

Now the game is mostly based in fantasy because its aimed to the casual market, and i dont blame them because thats where the sales are.

If you were 15 or so when gt1 was released youre pretty much only playing on nostalgia, but i guess if you are sort of new to racing games you can have some enjoyment out of this.
Or maybe people just like different things.

ornery

Thank goodness for perspective, right.

Possibly (not sure) they're shifting gears manually. I couldn't Gold one of the challenges without changing it to manual.

Check to see if you have any assists on. Especially brake assist.

Also your traction control might help. You want to lower it if it’s set too high.

Turn off all assist, makes car more difficult to handle but you also go faster.

Found the problem.... controller I was using has a dodgy right trigger. Switched controllers and suddenly I was getting to 70-72mph.

Also went back and easily got Gold on the multi-gate lesson that was stuck at silver (because I wasn't getting full acceleration there either).

Thanks for the advice though, I tried them before switching controllers and was able to shave some additional time off of my run (though not enough to complete it...).

Top Bottom