• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

GnawtyDog

Banned
So ADS implementation might be different than that of COD's - (allowing more freedom?). Sprint is still in. No one knows about Perks, Killstreaks and all that other COD BS.

No one is sure about how the story is going to turn out with two characters sharing screen-time etc.

Not sure about crisis averted as much as postponed until the next batch of rage. Tomorrow shall be a good day and December even better.

JDHarbs

Why does the game include a shitty ADS animation then? It just looks bad and hinders your view when scoped.
Probably to give the people used to playing CoD and BF something that they're used to seeing while (hopefully) impacting the experience for Halo fans as little as they can.

Leyasu

Banned
This..... looks kind of awesome.

Pleases 343 as long as no ADS is an option and the Halo feeling can be kept sign me up.

Please don't mess this up because this footage looks great.

Agreed... It looks fucking awesome. Can't wait to see and try it.

Vire

Leak ADS and sprint. Watch as shitstorm ensues. Then leak that ADS is purely cosmetic. Suddenly everyone thinks everything is okay and forgets about the awfulness that is sprint. 343's played you like a god damn fiddle.

I hate sprint in Halo, but I've come to terms with it since it's been in the series for 4 years.

ADS is something I simply cannot deal with.

Anon67

But you still lose a functional button on your gamepad to a redundant mechanic, which Halo can't afford to lose right now unless you lose melee to the right stick or something.

Not sure why people are already celebrating, we clearly still don't have the full picture.

No lol. The same button to zoom will be the same button to ADS, I'm pretty sure.

d421e19bbc2a09d9832981c345e6f248.png

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/531541844178792448

Lolz...

all of that for nothing.

Wollveren

Banned
Why does the game include a shitty ADS animation then? It just looks bad and hinders your view when scoped.

Because there are people who like it? Also don't get your last point, how is it hindering your view? I assume that animation we saw for the aiming down sight IS the new scoping in on the BR, how is it more of a hindrance than before, you can actually see around the scope now...

I think BR has that more of a red dot scope, and DMR is gonna take the classic long distance scope, that way there is more balance so one is more long range and the other more close (DMR and BR respectively ofc).

I updated the graphic to clarify the point I was making. This was solely thrown together for those confused about the difference between ADS and Halo's zooming mechanic.

As others stated, a cosmetic change is ultimately no big deal, although I do find it largely unnecessary.

Thanks for your post. That was really helpful.

I will be really disappointed in 343 tomorrow, if the ADS is similar to the leaked videos :(

Pappasman

Because there are people who like it? Also don't get your last point, how is it hindering your view? I assume that animation we saw for the aiming down sight IS the new scoping in on the BR, how is it more of a hindrance than before, you can actually see around the scope now...

I think BR has that more of a red dot scope, and DMR is gonna take the classic long distance scope, that way there is more balance so one is more long range and the other more close (DMR and BR respectively ofc).

You could actually see what was happening before.

So ADS implementation might be different that COD's - allowing more freedom. Sprint is still in - no one knows about Perks and all that other BS.

No one is sure about how the story is going to turn out with two characters sharing screen-time.

Not sure about crisis averted as much as postponed until the next batch of rage.

I think story stuff is too early to get upset about considering we are very unlikely to get a story trailer before E3 next year and even then Bungie did a good job of hiding the Arbiter iirc so unless we get a serious leak, story complaints should probably be on ice until it launches

I'm very skeptical about how ADS will be implemented. Destiny proves to me that it does change the gunplay, and not for the better. Still, I imagine it will feel more fluid like previous Halo games as opposed to Destiny.

Anyways, lets not forget from this weeks earlier leaks we also have:

-No loadouts, no armor abilities.
New 'Spartan abilities' that everyone always has:
-Double jump
-Thruster pack
-sprinting
-'sprint melee/tackle'
-'ground pound' melee
-the ability to vault/climb over objects via an animation when jumping

Looks like Halo-ass Halo to me.

c5RmlZT.gif

Some of you guys looking pretty foolish right now.

Well, this doesn't look bad.

Lolz...

all of that for nothing.

not really.

the debate about whether ADS works in Halo is a healthy one to have so that the series' strengths are emphasized and firmly established. Sprint's effects on gameplay are also necessary to discuss.

The "343 sux" posts could have been done without though, but gut reactions are inevitable.

Sprint doesn't really bother me much my only worry was ADS and the new clips / tweets address that. The new clips look great and the hype is returning

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What button are we losing? There's always been a zoom button in Halo.
Zoom button used to be on the stick, which if made to appeal to ADS gamers is now on a trigger. Which is why I mentioned melee would likely find itself on the right stick now for there to be enough buttons.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If you want realism in your shooters play Arma 3. Your needs are already catered to in every other shooter. Why do you need to shit up Halo?

I'm not looking to shit up Halo, I'm just trying to figure out why people were getting so worked up, because the reasoning made no sense to me.

TheRed

I really hate sprint in Halo, even when Bungie started it I wanted it gone. My enjoyment of Halo took a sharp dive with Reach, mostly because of the sprinting in multiplayer.

What's flinch?

Flinch is when you're being shot while aiming down sights/scope and it makes your aiming reticule bounce around, making it harder to aim and shoot effectively, but still allowing you to zoom/aim.

Descoping means that when you're shot while aiming down sights/scope, you are knocked out of scope entirely, returning you to hipfire position.

Halo 1 thru Reach used descoping, H4 used flinch.

Noobcraft

Sprint is fine and may help speed up objective based modes like CTF. Also it makes sense for super soldiers to be able to run... I mean jogging is fine but when someone's shooting at you it makes sense to run... Master Chief runs in cutscenes...

Wollveren

Banned
You could actually see what was happening before.

Yet again some one has completely missed the point, that ADS the person mentions in the image IS NOT THE SAME ADS as in the Halo clips. Stop comparing them as if they are the same, there is no movements decrease etc... when scoping in if you look at the clips again.

Obscured

Threw this together

djoSSlj.jpg

Hopefully it makes sense now why this is either a bad change or a completely pointless one.

This is a good way to make this argument.

The biggest thing I hope for is that hip fire is viable and that there is no accuracy penalty when not using ADS.

edit:
Frankie retweets.

Awesome, I wasn't that concerned, but that makes it even better.

I'd like to hear why they think it is the right choice to go this way, what they think it adds to gameplay.

Top Bottom