• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antigoon

Consoles need some sort of PPT button that broadcasts the chat to the people in the game even when you're in a party. Everyone on PC (Dota, csgo, etc) is on Mumble with their mates yet there's a ton of ingame chatter because people just press a button to talk about specific things to the randoms in the game .

This is... a really great idea.

-snip-

I don't have a point, I just wanted to stick up for what Reach Objective should have (could have) been before it was taken out back.
Yeah, I knew the intent of your post. Personally, Reach's maps were just so damn terrible that I could barely get much enjoyment out of them, especially when combined with the lackluster art style and undesirable gameplay changes.
Lies. Flag and assault on the pit forever.
Flag and Assault using Halo 2 mechanics on The Pit is what I think you meant ;]

which is why 343 should force game chat
It won't work. People will just play without their mics or mute everyone else or just not play those modes.

You can't put the djinni back in the bottle...

Consoles need some sort of PPT button that broadcasts the chat to the people in the game even when you're in a party. Everyone on PC (Dota, csgo, etc) is on Mumble with their mates yet there's a ton of ingame chatter because people just press a button to talk about specific things to the randoms in the game .
... but this is a great idea :)

Toa TAK

Banned
As much as I LOVE a more social online experience, I would absolutely hate it if they forced out party chat. The problems that MW2 will just repeat itself.

FyreWulff

They could also do hybrid chat where your randoms get slipstreamed into your party, so you could have your cross game chat but also talk to people you're playing with

they can at least try ;__;
hahahahahahahahah

hahahahah

hahah

ha.

Oh wait, you're serious? Sure was a mean poker face you had on there!

But seriously, CoD tried this already! You want another thing from CoD in HALO?!?!
The exit's that way.

EDIT:
They could also do hybrid chat where your randoms get slipstreamed into your party, so you could have your cross game chat but also talk to people you're playing with
Was this how the Xbox One chat was originally designed? I would hear chat coming through the mic from the game chat while I was in a party. I figured it was just a bug since it stopped happening after a while.. Strange.

EDIT:
Was this how the Xbox One chat was originally designed? I would hear chat coming through the mic from the game chat while I was in a party. I figured it was just a bug since it stopped happening after a while.. Strange.
Actually I think it is...or was. When the system came out, ones of the many bugs that BF4 had was the game didn't really work with the party chat, so we set up our party and hoped into a Skype call. I do recall we could hear game chat from time to time though.

I don't know if that system is still in place though cause they pretty much threw out their party ideas in favor of copying the 360 one soon after launch.

Calverz

So stoked for this. Love the halo games.

Played multiplayer from 3,4 and reach for first time in ages.

I believe my eyes have opened. Halo 4 is nowhere near as good as I thought it was when I first played it. The maps are terrible and the weapon placement indicator were a terrible idea.

Halo 3 is just as hardcore as I remember. Going back to the days before they implemented the horrible exp system to try and appease cod fans. Feels sluggish to todays standards but overall solid. Great map design.

Reach however, has been the most fun imo. You have a choice of a couple of perks but nothing too drastic. The game has dmr in original form which was peachy and the map design is brilliant. I cant believe how bad map design has become since 343 took over.

I know reach gets a bad rep, but honestly, as Bungies swansong, it is brilliant. Shame we aint getting this at 1080p 60fps as the game would benefit from this greatly.

With that said, we are getting halo 2 redone, so thats a trade off I'll quite happily accept.

Solidsoul

Banned
Man, it's really disheartening reading so much hate towards Halo 4 day in and day out.

I love everything about that game, for the record I've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved released. Thanks again, 343 Halo 4 did not disappoint.

m23

Just remembered that one gaffer who posted a little before e3 regarding the collection. He said he had heard from someone that you'll be able to search for ctf and get options from each of the games.

I posted that it made no sense.

You were right. I was wrong.

Thanks again, 343 Halo 4 did not disappoint.
It was probably my least favorite campaign but I had a lot of fun with it still, including solo and co-op legendary runs, a shitton of Spartan Ops and even a lot (for me) of multiplayer. Was the most fun I've had in any Halo competitive multiplayer really, but I can understand the complaints all the same.

Its still a big draw to the Master Chief collection for me. But hell, they all are.

Solidsoul

Banned
It was probably my least favorite campaign but I had a lot of fun with it still, including solo and co-op legendary runs, a shitton of Spartan Ops and even a lot (for me) of multiplayer. Was the most fun I've had in any Halo competitive multiplayer really, but I can understand the complaints all the same.

Yeah, I can too. I guess I'm not used to being in the minority when it comes to Halo games. Usually my opinion seems to be the universal ones.

"Halo 2 had the best multiplayer"
"Halo Combat Evolved had the best campaign"
"Halo 4 did not disappoint"

It's easy to spot the non-universal statement.

Varg

Banned
Man, it's really disheartening reading so much hate towards Halo 4 day in and day out.

I love everything about that game, for the record I've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved released. Thanks again, 343 Halo 4 did not disappoint.

The load outs and sprint feature ruined it for me to be honest. I don't want that garbage anywhere near halo.

Leyasu

Banned
Sorry, but I loved halo 4 as well.

Great campaign (second best in the series imo after H1, and I loved the multiplayer. Accept for that stupid fucking boltshot pistol. Oh, and speed boost with the sword.

Comparatively, it's been the least replayable one for me (although Reach was way more frustrating). I still had some fun with it though, and I wouldn't take back the excitement I felt in its early weeks. Multiplayer could have improved significantly with a more traditional offering and better DLC integration. Those maps were fairly good, but they rarely showed up outside of the blue moon playlist.

Hopefully, 343's next Halo not only triples that excitement, but makes it last.

The load outs and sprint feature ruined it for me to be honest. I don't want that garbage anywhere near halo.

Loud Outs were dumb, but don't you dare talk shit about sprint :p I hate bunny hopping just to feel like I'm making progress. Sprint saved so much time.

this sounds amazing. I hope they can somehow implement it.

Solidsoul

Banned
Sorry, but I loved halo 4 as well.

Great campaign (second best in the series imo after H1, and I loved the multiplayer. Accept for that stupid fucking boltshot pistol. Oh, and speed boost with the sword.

Awesome to hear. The campaign stunned me with its quality. Even though I put halo 1 and 2 above 4's campaign I think you're pretty dead on about Halo 4 being the second best.

I hear ya, they didn't bother me but I totally understand your complaints.

Loadouts alter how the game plays and sprint can effect movement through the map and awareness.

Comparatively, it's been the least replayable one for me (although Reach was way more frustrating). I still had some fun with it though, and I wouldn't take back the excitement I felt in its early weeks. Multiplayer could have improved significantly with a more traditional offering and better DLC integration. Those maps were fairly good, but they rarely showed up outside of the blue moon playlist.

Hopefully, 343's next Halo not only triples that excitement, but makes it last.

It probably helps to mention that I play Halo exclusively for the campaign, the multiplayer is just add on fun for me. I think it's fair to say most of the complaints resonated in the multiplayer. The least replayable campaign for me personally was Halo 3. It's usually the one I skip over.

I'm with you though, if 343 knocks it up another notch or two still, I can see something truly fantastic coming next fall.

Kibbles

It was at least better than Reach (as far as MP goes)

Loud Outs were dumb, but don't you dare talk shit about sprint :p I hate bunny hopping just to feel like I'm making progress. Sprint saved so much time.
Sprint, join in progress, jetpacks, no armor lock, personal ordnance that meant I got more power weapon time more often, the Mantis, and of course just how amazing everything looked and felt. Guns packed punch, Spartans felt like mobile tanks, loadouts were fun without ever once turning into a game of rock-paper-scissors.

A lot of that is pretty much blasphemy to HaloGaf, I know, but I loved all of those things. Still would have been best to offer a true old school mode right from the get-go, to keep from leaving the old guard out in the cold. I always thought the Reach idea of an ultra competitive Arena was a good one. Keep that idea going, and make it the more pure Halo experience possible. Equal opponents, no widening-the-audience systems in place, no instant gratification - just classic cage match map control.

hlhbk

Can't wait to play the single player campaigns especially since I have never played Halo 2 or 4. Probably won't touch the multiplayer and its still day 1 and forced me to purchase a Xbox One!

Sibylus

Banned
Sprint, join in progress, jetpacks, no armor lock, personal ordnance that meant I got more power weapon time more often, the Mantis, and of course just how amazing everything looked and felt. Guns packed punch, Spartans felt like mobile tanks, loadouts were fun without ever once turning into a game of rock-paper-scissors.

A lot of that is pretty much blasphemy to HaloGaf, I know, but I loved all of those things. Still would have been best to offer a true old school mode right from the get-go, to keep from leaving the old guard out in the cold. I always thought the Reach idea of an ultra competitive Arena was a good one. Keep that idea going, and make it the more pure Halo experience possible. Equal opponents, no widening-the-audience systems in place, no instant gratification - just classic cage match map control.
I loved those things also. Start a Blasphemer's Guild!

We've got exclusive behind-closed-doors demos of Halo: The Master Chief Collection going all weekend. This will be your first chance to see Campaign gameplay, UI, and more. To get an exclusive look, be sure to arrive early each day and hop in line!

Stinkles please tell me that UI isn't final :/

Mute feature exists for a reason. I'd deal with that if it meant I have the opportunity for teammates who communicate.

In theory that's how it would be but a lot of those people would probably still just not talk. Taking away party chat now will not create the same environment that never having it in the first place provided.

lpchrys

Banned
I wonder if it will feature dedicated servers so we can get rid of the pause of gameplay when someone leaves a match. Anyone know the answer to this?

I wonder if it will feature dedicated servers so we can get rid of the pause of gameplay when someone leaves a match. Anyone know the answer to this?

They haven't said, fingers crossed we get news on this soon, though. Multiplayer with dedicated servers would be amazing. I can only hope that next-next gen we'll get a framerate increase.

Blueblur1

I loved those things also. Start a Blasphemer's Guild!

DzBUtCr.gif

Mute feature exists for a reason. I'd deal with that if it meant I have the opportunity for teammates who communicate.

While the rest of us will happily take advantage of a nice system feature that doesn't force us to manage chat of everyone that comes in and out of the lobby. :p

Solidsoul

Banned

I'll third this.

Loved everything about Halo 4. Loved everything about Halo prior to Halo 4 also, so I'm pretty much happy either way.

Naked Lunch

Count me in as a Halo 4 fan too. Been Halo'in since 1. H4 is not as good as the classics but its still a great multiplayer game. The thruster makes it tough going back to the older Halos. Im hoping it is a permanent movement feature in Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom