• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

abusori

So guys, how's Project Mirai in comparison to Project Diva? What about Miku Flick?

I got the Japanese version of Miku Flick today (I dunno if the english one is even out yet, but y'know), and it's awesome. It was really tough at first because I usually just use a romaji keyboard for japanese so I wasn't used to the 10-key one, but after a while it was pretty much second nature. As for comparisons to project diva, the graphics are way better than diva, but there's no customization at all, just songs, and it's all prerendered. I still like project diva better, but flick surprised me. I'd say it was worth it. First iPhone game I've ever liked, so personally I guess that says something.

frostbyte

I got the Japanese version of Miku Flick today (I dunno if the english one is even out yet, but y'know), and it's awesome. It was really tough at first because I usually just use a romaji keyboard for japanese so I wasn't used to the 10-key one, but after a while it was pretty much second nature. As for comparisons to project diva, the graphics are way better than diva, but there's no customization at all, just songs, and it's all prerendered. I still like project diva better, but flick surprised me. I'd say it was worth it. First iPhone game I've ever liked, so personally I guess that says something.

huh fancy that. thought it would be just a cheap cash grab. I might just grab it when I get the new iPad. How many songs? Is it just the usual ('World is Mine', 'Melt', 'From Y to Y' etc) generic staple vocaloid songs?

and yeah, i didn't and wouldn't expect it to be better than project diva. no buttons=no physical feedback. only rhythm game that i can stand without buttons is ouendan.

thanks anyway.

any impressions on project mirai?

StayDead

My copy of Mirai came this morning and so far, I'm loving it. I had no doubt in my mind that I'd enjoy it as I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. The song selection is quite nice and quite varied, there's a good selection of slow and faster songs and I've not played thorugh them all once on normal yet, so there's still about 7 songs that I don't know.

The gameplay itself is nice, I like the way the circular thing works, but my timing is off quite a lot still on the slower songs, so I'll have to get used to it some more. I've not even tried the hardest difficulty yet and I'm barely getting Bs and As on the songs I've played through so far on medium.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Need some JP iTunes money to get miku flick (I can't remember my old account details and when I try to sign up now there is no longer a 'none' for the credit card option ;_; )

How will the ENG version work anyway? English 10-key keyboard or just typing of the dead/date style game?

frostbyte

My copy of Mirai came this morning and so far, I'm loving it. I had no doubt in my mind that I'd enjoy it as I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. The song selection is quite nice and quite varied, there's a good selection of slow and faster songs and I've not played thorugh them all once on normal yet, so there's still about 7 songs that I don't know.

The gameplay itself is nice, I like the way the circular thing works, but my timing is off quite a lot still on the slower songs, so I'll have to get used to it some more. I've not even tried the hardest difficulty yet and I'm barely getting Bs and As on the songs I've played through so far on medium.

The gameplay looks much fun but much easier than Project Diva. That's my general impression from looking at youtube videos. Tell me I'm wrong :(

From here, the song list seems slightly underwhelming. Is Sega going to add songs via DLC?

Thanks for the impression anyway!

The gameplay looks much fun but much easier than Project Diva. That's my general impression from looking at youtube videos. Tell me I'm wrong :(

From here, the song list seems slightly underwhelming. Is Sega going to add songs via DLC?

I don't think gameplay difficulty and variety of songs were ever intended to be Project mirai's main draws. I think the smaller song list is made up for the choice of using multiple vocalists (not positive on this).

kiryogi

Banned
My copy still isn't here yet. . . This is the longest I've had to wait for a priority package. . . Hopefully tomorrow. . .

muu

Matoryoshika is about as difficult as it gets. Happy Synthesizer is probably more representative of the higher difficulty songs. Now that I'm more up to speed with the game most of the higher diff songs feel a lot like 8~easier 9 songs in DDR -- fun to play, but definitely with some challenging spots that'll trip you up as you improve in the game. Many songs have parts that could have been made much, much more difficult, but the difficulty toned down in favor of making passes fun to play through. Said another way it's probably going to be a cakewalk for experienced users, but just right for the new audience Sega is really after. The SP marker system I think will go a long ways to encourage people to improve as you get a special mark on the songs after beating songs with all SP notes hit, and is the perfect stepping stone before aiming for high score / SS (perfect game) rank.

There's no DLC system in Project Mirai BTW. Looking at the way it's implemented in Theatrhythm I doubt there will be a way to patch it in either.

abusori

How many songs? Is it just the usual ('World is Mine', 'Melt', 'From Y to Y' etc) generic staple vocaloid songs?
Yeah, mostly.

Here's Miku Flick's song list:
Koisuru VOC@LOID
moon
World is Mine
Time Limit
Finder
PoPiPo
Melt
Electric Angel
Ai no Kotoba
Romeo and Cinderella
StargazeR
Anata no Utahime
And of course, The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku

matmanx1

I'm finally getting a J-3DS in about a month's time and am looking at the first couple of games I want to import for it and Project Mirai is up there with Theatrhythm FF and Princess Crown. I'm not a huge Miku fan by any means but I like rhythm games a great deal and this one looks beyond cute.

From the Youtube videos it looks like this one plays more like DJ Max in that it's mostly timed button presses instead of the Ouendan or Theatrhythm style which is all touch screen. Is that correct? 13 songs isn't a large amount but like all of these types of games the draw is in the replayability and the fun factor. I'm definitely interested in hearing what you guys who have already imported the game think about it and any impressions you feel like sharing would be welcome.

There were a few Project DIVA Arcade updates at Weekly Diva Station. I particularly like this image:

diva_module_mar_mei_moderngirl_as00.jpg

matmanx1

I just spent some time reading back through this thread and learned some things. AM2 makes these games? That's amazingly cool. I seriously want to play it now.

Do AR cards come with the game or is there a card you can download somewhere for the AR feature?

StayDead

I just spent some time reading back through this thread and learned some things. AM2 makes these games? That's amazingly cool. I seriously want to play it now.

Do AR cards come with the game or is there a card you can download somewhere for the AR feature?

I got two packs of about... 12 cards or something? I haven't opened them yet, going to open them later with the game.

Wonko_C

There were a few Project DIVA Arcade updates at Weekly Diva Station. I particularly like this image:

diva_module_mar_mei_moderngirl_as00.jpg

Judging not only from that pic but even from youtube hd videos: Is it just me or does Project Diva Arcade look a bit better than Dreamy Theather/DT2nd?

Judging not only from that pic but even from youtube hd videos: Is it just me or does Project Diva Arcade look a bit better than Dreamy Theather/DT2nd?

That's no surprise; Arcade is running on newer hardware than the PS3 and AM2 is likely a lot more experienced at developing for it.

They make graphical improvements too along with the standard updates - there was an interesting post in Weekly Diva Station about antialiasing methods sometime last year.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That's no surprise; Arcade is running on newer hardware than the PS3 and AM2 is likely a lot more experienced at developing for it.

They make graphical improvements too along with the standard updates - there was an interesting post in Weekly Diva Station about antialiasing methods sometime last year.

Huh. I thought it was just PS3 stuff that was running on the Arcade version. Neat. ^^

matmanx1

I just ordered Project Mirai and the matching Accessory set off of Play-Asia with some extra birthday money! After watching more videos of the game I'm convinced that it's the first import 3DS game that I want to play. The game and Accessory set will probably arrive before my J-3DS does and torture me a little bit but that's ok. I can take it!

The Accessory set will actually be for my American 3DS as it's the green one and thus the right color. I don't much care for the inside stickers but the pouch and white stickers that go on the front and back of the 3DS I think look really nice.

Does anyone know if the project diva games are vita compatibles ?

If they're on PSN it's likely, but I won't swear to it. >>;

I'm sad to report that the Diva demo that are on japanese PSn that i redownloaded on my PS3 to transfert on my Vita don't appear in the import list ...

So unfortunatly PDiva 2nd and Extend aren't Vita compatible.. ( unless it is just a demo issue )
i have regular copies ( umd ) of thoses games so ..Well i can't try them

Sad day for me ... Now i'm waiting for a project diva Vita ... ( it better happen or else ....)

Been playing Project Mirai quite a bit over the past couple of days. Really enjoying it, for me most of the songs are hits. Only issues so far are (as with the PSP games) the slightly confusing unlocking system and I still haven't got the timing of the notes down 100%. It's hard to explain, but IIRC when the demo came out there were a few others here saying that the timing felt a little off, or at least harder than in the PSP games.

Wonko_C

I'm sad to report that the Diva demo that are on japanese PSn that i redownloaded on my PS3 to transfert on my Vita don't appear in the import list ...

So unfortunatly PDiva 2nd and Extend aren't Vita compatible.. ( unless it is just a demo issue )

Sad day for me ... Now i'm waiting for a project diva Vita ... ( it better happen or else ....)

Guess you haven't seen this yet ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTgSGJOSya0

StayDead

Been trying to S Rank/Crown all the medium difficulty songs before I move onto hard, I'm only 5 or so songs away.

I really do love the song Hello How Are You, but playing it really sucks for me as I've always hated really slow songs in Rythmn games, took be ages to get S rank as I kept mucking up my timing >_<.

I really loved doing Melanchonic though, cool song and cool note pattern to it. My favourite song I think by far is yumeyume, just the note pattern, the tempo, the song itself, the video, all wonderful. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07r67gGbtLQ

RurouniZel

It did lead me to learn however that you cannot get below a C as far as I can tell. 66 misses and I didn't fail. I got a C. XD

matmanx1

Been trying to S Rank/Crown all the medium difficulty songs before I move onto hard, I'm only 5 or so songs away.

I really do love the song Hello How Are You, but playing it really sucks for me as I've always hated really slow songs in Rythmn games, took be ages to get S rank as I kept mucking up my timing >_<.

I really loved doing Melanchonic though, cool song and cool note pattern to it. My favourite song I think by far is yumeyume, just the note pattern, the tempo, the song itself, the video, all wonderful. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07r67gGbtLQ

I liked that video. Great song. The vocaloid "sound" has grown on me tremendously since I first experienced it. Perhaps it's somewhat of an acquired taste? Whatever the reason may be I think I'm catching abit of the Miku fever. =p

kiryogi

Banned
Meanwhile 21 songs is a little disappointing, it is however super neat that you can change the singers for a few of them. <3 Rin.

Also how much experience do folks have with her my room? She doesn't seem to do too much XD It's also upsetting that the alarm only goes for one interval than stops :/

I'm also super impressed @ the voice recognition. Recognizes my american accent japanese without any issues at all!

frostbyte

Meanwhile 21 songs is a little disappointing, it is however super neat that you can change the singers for a few of them. <3 Rin.

Also how much experience do folks have with her my room? She doesn't seem to do too much XD It's also upsetting that the alarm only goes for one interval than stops :/

I'm also super impressed @ the voice recognition. Recognizes my american accent japanese without any issues at all!

what's the voice recognition for?

xk0sm0sx

Some guide for the game here: (In Japanese)

http://www51.atwiki.jp/mikumirai/

Was very interested in the game after playing the demo, but not being a huge miku fan, I'm disappointed that the song list lacks the old hits... So won't be getting this then, hope the sequel will add on more songs... On the other hand Theatrhythm seems like a better value to me

RurouniZel

Some guide for the game here: (In Japanese)

http://www51.atwiki.jp/mikumirai/

Was very interested in the game after playing the demo, but not being a huge miku fan, I'm disappointed that the song list lacks the old hits... So won't be getting this then, hope the sequel will add on more songs... On the other hand Theatrhythm seems like a better value to me

Thanks! :D I know what you mean, I do miss some of the better Miku songs, but hopefully there will be a sequel. I'd buy Theatrhythm, but I'm holding out for a US release (hopefully).

The demos aren't in the compatibility list for Vita but the full games are.

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?site=FIZ02WOB&design=2&group=1&charset=UTF-8&query=project+diva&psp=1&period1=0&period3=0&genre=0&maker=&option=0&x=0&y=0&count=10

BladeTH (Vladkop) @miku_flick Will there be a release of MikuFlick for Android?
miku_flick (&#12511;&#12463;&#12501;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;&#20013;&#12398;&#20154;&#12383;&#12385;) @BladeTH Unfortunately no plan for Android at this time. (31)
BladeTH (Vladkop) @miku_flick But why? Audience of Android is very big (perhaps even more than the iOS).
miku_flick (&#12511;&#12463;&#12501;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;&#20013;&#12398;&#20154;&#12383;&#12385;) @BladeTH Exactly but it will get smaller if we require high spec such as dual core CPU. (31)

... but the game doesn't require dual core on iOS..?

matmanx1

I'm not familiar with the iOS requirements but 3rd and 4th gen iPod touches and the last couple of iPhones at least have very fast single core cpu's in addition to generous amounts of RAM and a fairly effecient OS (at least compared to Android). I'm pretty sure, for example, that anything based on the Droid X2 platform would not be able to do the game justice.

That's probably why they aren't working towards an Android release.

frostbyte

You can navigate around the game via voice command. Just say the menu option, you can also select songs via that method as well. It's very accurate as far as I can tell.

oh, that's neat. Is it all software based because this is the first I've heard of a 3DS game using this function?

Top Bottom