• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

StayDead

Gah, I can already tell I'm going to spend a lot of time dressing Miku up :p

Paid for my Project Mirai preorder earlier too, roll on this time next week!

I'm waiting for amiami to send me their pay us please so they can send it out. Next week can't come soon enough >_<

Although with the state of my latest post it'll be about 3 weeks before I get it. I'm still waiting on Love Plus :/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
FYI, none of the images loaded for me. May want to rehost.

Sorry about that. Will try to fix when I get home.

3/1 Weekly Diva Station update: This post seems to go into detail on the closet/room features of the game, because this stuff is totally important.

Hey look, more pictures!

closet_choice_up.jpg

closet_choice_down.jpg

closet_wearing_up.jpg

closet_wear_done_up.jpg

closet_sale_up.jpg

closet_sale_down.jpg

And on the rooms - it looks like each room has its own theme music too.

room_1_MIRAI.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-MIRAI (WHITE)
&#9834;Music by &#12521;&#12510;&#12540;&#12474;P

room_2_DJ.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-DJ (PURPLE)
&#9834;Music by &#40763;&#12381;&#12358;&#12417;&#12435;P

room_3_LOUNGE.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-LOUNGE (BLACK)
&#9834;Music by k_zero+A

room_4_NATURE.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-NATURAL (GREEN)
&#9834;Music by &#12365;&#12367;&#12362;

room_5_AQUA.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-AQUA (BLUE)
&#9834;Music by Lemm

room_6_WA.jpg

&#9733;ROOM-WA (PINK)
&#9834;Music by &#40658;&#12358;&#12373;P

Looks like you can place objects in the room too:
room_hinamatsuri.jpg

Hnnnnnng! shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

angelfly

Miku Flick looks fun. I'll defintiely be picking that up however Mirai will have to wait. I've already got too many 3DS games on my plate and with "If I were trapped in room" coming I'll have no time. Also I think the announcement of Flick means Sega is serious about spreading the Miku love on different platforms. I just wish they'd release a patch to make Dreamy Theater standalone.

Sorry about that. Will try to fix when I get home.

They loaded fine on my end

RurouniZel

Miku Flick looks fun. I'll defintiely be picking that up however Mirai will have to wait. I've already got too many 3DS games on my plate and with "If I were trapped in room" coming I'll have no time. Also I think the announcement of Flick means Sega is serious about spreading the Miku love on different platforms. I just wish they'd release a patch to make Dreamy Theater standalone.

They loaded fine on my end

Amen to stand-alone Dreamy Theater! I'd buy it at a high price!

And I've rehosted the pics on Photobucket now, hopefully that works.

Articalys

Between this and the new 5cm/sec apps, I might have a reason to finally use the $15 I've had sitting in my iTunes account for god knows how long.

StayDead

My copy of Mirai shipped yesterday. Kind of sucks that I missed out on the LE, but to be honest I've got so many nendos now and so many ordered I didn't really need it. Shipped via SAL registered, now to just wait! :paces back and forward through my room: ><

Deeku

Looking forward to some impressions from you guys soonish, preferably without using the word "adorable" lol.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What will the English UI of miku flick be? Just a keyboard?

I'd still like the Japanese version. A chance to speed up input on those flick style keypads!

Edit: Some screens

muu

my copy is coming in today (LE!). Pretty stoked to hear that the actual game addresses most of the complaints I had w/ the demo: there's a selection of sound effects for OK, 1.5/2.0x modifiers exist to make notes easier to press, and songs w/ less wonky rhythms compared to the airline song.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...The fact that there will be an English version, if I understood correctly, could be a good sign for the coming of future games, and so also Project Mirai?

...The fact that there will be an English version, if I understood correctly, could be a good sign for the coming of future games, and so also Project Mirai?

I'm not sure I'd translate a willingness to port a $15 game on iOS internationally to being willing to push a major release on a game console with physical media. There's a lot less risk involved with the former.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Miku Flick on US Apple Appstore, sounds good to me.

I will buy it for my ipad, even if the native res is for the iphone. I want to support this kind of game so we get some more Miku love in the states.

angelfly

Miku Flick on US Apple Appstore, sounds good to me.

I will buy it for my ipad, even if the native res is for the iphone. I want to support this kind of game so we get some more Miku love in the states.

Being used to using ten-key layout on my touch I can't imagine playing it on an ipad.

Does anyone see a possibility of Project Mirai dropping in price. Dropping $75 for every import 3DS game is hard for me especially if it's light on content. :/

angelfly

:(

Dang, maybe they will do an ipad version in the future?

That's just for me since I'm used to using it normally on my touch so having larger would just throw me off. I'm sure you won't have any issues.

Does anyone see a possibility of Project Mirai dropping in price. Dropping $75 for every import 3DS game is hard for me especially if it's light on content. :/
Sega dropping the price on a Hatsune Miku game won't happen. They know the fans will buy it regardless.

In Japanese shops? Sure, it'll go down in price eventually I would imagine. At online import sites? No chance. Well, unless you want to wait a few years that is. Unfortunately high profile imports or those with a cult following, like Miku, seem to always hold their price on the likes of Play Asia. That's why stuff like the Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen games on Gamecube were still $60/£40 until a few years ago - Japan-only + anime = we're selling this at full price for as long as possible because we know it will sell :(

But yeah, I feel your pain regarding expensive imports. I've already bought four £60 imports this year, with another on the way in a couple of weeks.

RurouniZel

Looking forward to some impressions from you guys soonish, preferably without using the word "adorable" lol.

Don't listen to my impressions when I get it then; I won't make it ten words without "adorable" finding its way in there ten times. XD

So Miku Flick is out on the Japanese App Store, as expected. Unexpectedly, though, the title and description showed up in all English on my iPad, and English is listed as a supported language on the website. I wouldn't say this translates to the English UI being done, but it sure seems like they're a lot further along with the English version than I thought. Probably going to wait a bit and buy locally since that works out to be a lot cheaper for me, especially if it's just going to be the same app data worldwide.

Also, I've been busy and have been neglecting to check Weekly Diva Station lately. So, in reverse chronological order...

3/8: Project mirai is out! Perfect time for some song announcements and new costumes! Both these songs were in Project DIVA 2nd though...

&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12531;&#12480;&#12540; &#65288;DSLR remix - re:edit&#65289;
finder01.jpg

finder02.jpg

&#12463;&#12525;&#12540;&#12496;&#12540;&#9827;&#12463;&#12521;&#12502;
clover01.jpg

clover02.jpg

New costumes, click to embiggen:

Some more game features and stuff mentioned too, but I imagine we'll get some firsthand impressions of that here before long. Click through if you wanna see those images though.

3/8: Games playable at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL (presumably during the Mikupa events) include Project mirai, Miku Flick, and Project DIVA Arcade.

3/7: Looks like there was an event to get some postcards and tote bags in Akihabara... pretty sure it's over by now, but here were the goods (click to embiggen):

Nisa65

Could anyone tell me if Dreamy Theatre 2 works with Project Diva Extend? I'd love to pick up Dreamy Theatre 2 but don't want to buy Project Diva 2nd after having just bought Extend.

RurouniZel

&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12531;&#12480;&#12540; &#65288;DSLR remix - re:edit&#65289;
finder01.jpg

finder02.jpg

&#12463;&#12525;&#12540;&#12496;&#12540;&#9827;&#12463;&#12521;&#12502;
clover01.jpg

clover02.jpg

New costumes, click to embiggen:

Some more game features and stuff mentioned too, but I imagine we'll get some firsthand impressions of that here before long. Click through if you wanna see those images though.

3/8: Games playable at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL (presumably during the Mikupa events) include Project mirai, Miku Flick, and Project DIVA Arcade.

3/7: Looks like there was an event to get some postcards and tote bags in Akihabara... pretty sure it's over by now, but here were the goods (click to embiggen):

*collapses from cute*

Could anyone tell me if Dreamy Theatre 2 works with Project Diva Extend? I'd love to pick up Dreamy Theatre 2 but don't want to buy Project Diva 2nd after having just bought Extend.

Not compatible.

Technically, the only requirement for running Dreamy Theater 2nd is to hook up a PSP with a Project DIVA 2nd save that was saved using that same PSP (therefore you would have had to run the game at least once). If you have a friend locally that has the game you could borrow their copy, or even just use their PSP provided you haven't reached the device activation limit on your JP PSN account.

Nisa65

Ah, that's a bit of a bummer. Guess I'll keep an eye out for a cheap second hand copy of 2nd then. The value of 2nd hasn't dropped as drastically as I would have liked since the release of Extend though. I think my money might be better off spent on Mirai at this moment in time.

muu

Had a chance to play through some songs in Mirai last night. Miku is too overwhelmingly

cute. Haven't gotten more than a few costumes since I can't survive on the highest difficulty, and points are slower going otherwise. Cuteness overload reached an initial peak in Doubutsu Uranai. Holy shit. Cute song and lyrics and Miku with donuts for hair. The rhthm game part for the song doesn't have wonky notes like Tricolore airlines did, either (and most so far haven't). I can see how they wanted to show 3 nendo vocaloids onscreen at once, but this would have been a much better song to showcase in a demo imho, in catchiness and cuteness and just sheer ease of getting into.

Only thing I'm disappointed so far is w/ how infrequently she does anything in the 'room' portion (menu/timer/clock). A few more movement patterns would have been appreciated, or something closer to what Miis might do in their plaza, i.e. walk about randomly until you press an option to do something and she comes dashing towards the screen. Right now it's closer to watching that weiner dog that shows up in Windows XP searches until he does the odd trick or two.

Ah, that's a bit of a bummer. Guess I'll keep an eye out for a cheap second hand copy of 2nd then. The value of 2nd hasn't dropped as drastically as I would have liked since the release of Extend though. I think my money might be better off spent on Mirai at this moment in time.

2nd got a re-release very shortly after Extend (labeled 2nd# on the cover) which retails for lower, has the latest patch pre-applied, and has a DLC code to redeem all the new modules from Extend. Probably gave it a bit of a second wind, and it still has the largest songlist of any PSP Project DIVA by far.

angelfly

Been enjoying Miku Flick. Only complaint is that I wish the videos were at a higher resolution but I'm sure that was to keep the size down. Only played through a few songs on normal and hard but I can already tell I'll be spending a lot of time with it. Break the Limit mode is also fun but I suck at it so for now hard is my preferred way to play.

RurouniZel

So Project mirai seems to have built-in screenshotting. Let's see them screens!

This thread on GameFAQs seems to have a few already, like this one:

1331187404188.jpg

O_O

JFAILDFNMILSWNGFWNVFNILSENFSILENVFISEILGNVFSILNSLINVFILENGF2479057R234890FTHN3IP4H#$@t%@#$%@#$$r@#$@#$!$!@$!@#$!@$@----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*is rushed to the hospital again*

muu

No good w/ taking pictures. Still creeped out some friends that can't take any of this cuteness stuff. Screenshots say nothing though, the dance and camera work is thought out really, really well.

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164191.jpg
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164193.jpg
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164194.jpg

btw... this is actually the first Miku game I got, avoided all the other PSP ones as I couldn't take the whole mechanoid voice thing in its inception. Visual cues go a long way to alleviate that, and the songs in general seem to be much better now compared to 2007 when it all started. What I'm especially impressed w/ is the choreography of each of the (non 3D-ized PV version anyway) songs -- pre-set camera angles and zoom-ins which can add a ton of motion to the PV itself, and rivals or beats out the best-made idolmaster clips (which I was more fond of at the time). Can't stop repeating Clover Club w/ different costumes, wishing they let Luca sing that one as well. Do the PSP Divas have this much care given to each of the character PVs? If so I'm gonna have to get those and catch up on what I've missed this last 5 years.

jimmypython

No good w/ taking pictures. Still creeped out some friends that can't take any of this cuteness stuff. Screenshots say nothing though, the dance and camera work is thought out really, really well.

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164191.jpg
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164193.jpg
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up164194.jpg

btw... this is actually the first Miku game I got, avoided all the other PSP ones as I couldn't take the whole mechanoid voice thing in its inception. Visual cues go a long way to alleviate that, and the songs in general seem to be much better now compared to 2007 when it all started. What I'm especially impressed w/ is the choreography of each of the (non 3D-ized PV version anyway) songs -- pre-set camera angles and zoom-ins which can add a ton of motion to the PV itself, and rivals or beats out the best-made idolmaster clips (which I was more fond of at the time). Can't stop repeating Clover Club w/ different costumes, wishing they let Luca sing that one as well. Do the PSP Divas have this much care given to each of the character PVs? If so I'm gonna have to get those and catch up on what I've missed this last 5 years.

Good to know Project Mirai has Clover Club. It is one of my favorites..Dat Dreamy Theater PV... >_<

Do the PSP Divas have this much care given to each of the character PVs? If so I'm gonna have to get those and catch up on what I've missed this last 5 years.

Project DIVA PVs can range from spectacular to average - which is natural considering how many more songs there are than Project mirai. extend in particular has a few PVs that really stand out. Still hoping a Dreamy Theater for extend is coming!

Top Bottom