• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

After visiting the 9/11 Memorial with my parents I decided to go to the Book Off in NY to see if they had used JPN 3DSs. I purchased one for Miku goodness next month.

XD. So excited!

Admittedly I can only afford this due to my tax return...

How much were they asking for it? It's been over a year since I last visited the NY Book Off...

Deeku

D:

Bastard! It will probably cost me around 250 to get a JP 3ds over here, which isn't that bad really, but there just aren't enough JP games I want to justify the purchase. 150 seems like a pretty good deal though!

2/17 Weekly Diva Station update: I usually skip Arcade updates, but if I haven't mentioned it, another pack of songs from Project DIVA 2nd are finally making their appearance in Arcade. This post has a video demonstrating some of the new Hard charts (Arcade charts are pretty different), including Gekishou. Can't wait to see how sadistic the new Extreme will be...

xk0sm0sx

Played demo this morning:
I'm surprised I'm really liking this. (I'm 'meh' about the Project Divas)
The style and the 3D is really cute, and the AR mode, the Miku really comes out of the screen when you move close!

Might import this game...

2/23 Weekly Diva Station update: ... yeah you guys already figured out the demo is up, so I'll just leave this image here

AR%a5%e9%a5%a4%a5%d6.jpg

I really enjoyed the Project Mirai demo. Gameplay feels different enough to the Project Diva games, even if the timing of button presses was an issue for me initially. I love the chibi designs, but it was nice to see that one of the demo songs was more of a music video style - too much of chibi Miku would be hard to take! :p

Couldn't get the AR to work though - does the card in the link given need to be printed off or can it be scanned from a computer screen?

kiryogi

Banned
I really enjoyed the Project Mirai demo. Gameplay feels different enough to the Project Diva games, even if the timing of button presses was an issue for me initially. I love the chibi designs, but it was nice to see that one of the demo songs was more of a music video style - too much of chibi Miku would be hard to take! :p

Couldn't get the AR to work though - does the card in the link given need to be printed off or can it be scanned from a computer screen?

Get more lighting :O I did it from my computer screen but lol its a horrid angle to view her @

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh. My. God! Menu music is adorable too lol.

Video would have been better if you had a nendo miku figure though:p

Also, with the announcement of Etrian Odyssey IV, I am one step closer to caving in and buying a JP unit ^_^

I'll be getting a Nendroid Miku eventually. XD Just gotta find it at the right price. ^^;

StayDead

Downloaded the demo yesterday and had a blast beating my own scores over and over again. Nendo Rin in the airline one (can't remember the exact name) is just so cute. I like how different the gameplay feels from Project Diva, I'm still having the exact same issues on this as I did with Diva though.

I much prer LOL to it's higher tempo, I don't know what it is, but I muck up the timing/button pressing far more on slower songs. I had the exact same issue on Diva too. I wonder what it's going to do with the hardest difficulty though... Medium seemed a bit easy to master, but then again there is only those two songs. Can't wait for the full release.

What's the release date again?

Downloaded the demo yesterday and had a blast beating my own scores over and over again. Nendo Rin in the airline one (can't remember the exact name) is just so cute. I like how different the gameplay feels from Project Diva, I'm still having the exact same issues on this as I did with Diva though.

I much prer LOL to it's higher tempo, I don't know what it is, but I muck up the timing/button pressing far more on slower songs. I had the exact same issue on Diva too. I wonder what it's going to do with the hardest difficulty though... Medium seemed a bit easy to master, but then again there is only those two songs. Can't wait for the full release.

What's the release date again?

March 8th, I played the demo on my JP unit as well and I'm seriously considering importing it. I liked that one song with the music video, Lots of Love or w/e it's called. So why is she so popular anyway?

Curse you region locked 3DS... I resisted on getting a JP 3DS at NY Book Off, but I don't know how much longer.

Too much hnnnnng

If they had the white one I would've bought it on the spot.

Is there anywhere cheaper to import this from, really don't wanna pay $75 for every game I wanna import ~.~

Does anyone know how many songs are in this game?

2/24 Weekly Diva Station update: We've heard before that all the songs in Project mirai will have multiple vocal tracks based on which character you select - apparently there will be slight differences in lyrics as well for specific songs.

Also, I've got more pictures for you! ♥

私の時間:
mikusan001.jpg

mikusan002.jpg

rin001.jpg

rin002.jpg

len001.jpg

len002.jpg

RurouniZel

http://andriasang.com/con044/future_stars_iwata_asks/

Some interesting tidbits about the game and it's developer, AM2.

Sega's AM2 arcade division lives! And the latest game from the makers of such revolutionary titles as Virtua Fighter and Daytona USA is... Hatsune Miku Future Stars!

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata interviewed the makers of the 3DS title for the latest installment of the Iwata Asks column. The interview is with Makoto Osaki and Motoshi Takabe, both part of AM2.

Osaki, head of AM2, has been working on Hastune Miku since Project Diva Arcade. He describes his role as "probably what would generally be called something like a producer." What he means by this is that Future Stars' development is like that of an old-style game, where the producer is deeply involved in the development scene.

Takabe is director of Future Stars. He wrote the design doc, gave instruction for creation of the "PV" videos that play during the game, and oversaw the development scene. He left the money and staff issues to Osaki.

Iwata admitted that he played a lot of Daytona USA (I'm using "admit" here because Sega and Nintendo were once bitter enemies -- there's no hint of the old rivalry in the Iwata Asks column). Osaki thanked him, and said that AM2 has been working on Hatsune Miku since 2009.

Surprisingly, Future Stars does have some connections to those AM2 titles of old. Osaki says that the technology used for Mirai, and for the special Miku videos they make for live concerts, all comes from Virtua Fighter. Things like the creation of the PVs, the simulation for Miku's hair -- the basics, and the staff making them, are from Virtua Fighter.

Future Stars shows the Hatsune Miku vocaloids in SD/big-headed style. This wasn't always the case, though. Elsewhere in the interview, project manager You Utsumi revealed that the game originally showed the characters in their standard proportions. However, they felt that something wasn't quite right. Miku looked smaller when dancing on the 3DS screen, and this was without even considering that they'd have to show the notes for the rhythm gameplay.

They ended up deciding to make the characters SD style, eventually settling on proportions of Good Smile Company's Nendoroid figures (although there were some suggestions of other head sizes). The Nendoroid proportions made sense because the Nendoroid figures for Miku are the second best selling licensed Hatsune Miku products (Sega's games are first).

The three also discussed some of the 3DS technology that's put to use in the game. We've already covered how the game uses AR technology to show Miku dancing on your table or wherever else you like (you can sample this in the recently released demo). The game also uses voice and face recognition. You can use your voice to select songs. The facial recognition can be seen in the game's alarm clock mode. When you're not in front of the 3DS, Miku will wait to make sure you're gone, then will come out and look around. There were some concerns about how the player will actually be able to observe this, though.

The bit about the Virtua Fighter technology being used for Project mirai is definitely a misquote - he was definitely talking about Project DIVA Arcade there. It's fairly well known that Project DIVA Arcade and the Dreamy Theaters run on Virtua Fighter's engine. The additional mention that it is used at the live performances cinches it.

RurouniZel

The bit about the Virtua Fighter technology being used for Project mirai is definitely a misquote - he was definitely talking about Project DIVA Arcade there. It's fairly well known that Project DIVA Arcade and the Dreamy Theaters run on Virtua Fighter's engine. The additional mention that it is used at the live performances cinches it.

Ah, I wasn't aware. ;_;

Anyhoo... Project Mirai Opening movie

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The AR photo and videos are pretty cute. Don't care much about miku though (except some kaoling)

SeeU AR card where.

kunonabi

Ok, I've never had any interest in this vocaloid stuff or the miku character but this project mirai stuff is too cute for words. The initial trailer was one thing but this new video is on a whole other level. I can seriously see myself getting a JPN 3DS for this and a couple of other titles.

Hatsune Miku is sort of like the real life Sharon Apple right?

RurouniZel

Hatsune Miku hits the iPhone!!

banner.jpg

Sega will be bringing the Hatsune Miku rhythm series to iPhone through Miku Flick, which is due for release on March 9, priced ¥1,200.

Miku Flick is a new style of rhythm game where you flick lyrics in synch with the rhythm. Time your flicks right, and Miku will successfully complete her live. Fail, and Miku will gradually lose the ability to sing.

If you'd like to try Miku Flick before buying, head out to Tokyo Dome City on the 8th and 9th. Sega will have the game on demo there, and will also give stickers to participants.

first3screens.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

3/1 Weekly Diva Station update: This post seems to go into detail on the closet/room features of the game, because this stuff is totally important.

Hey look, more pictures!

closet_choice_up.jpg

closet_choice_down.jpg

closet_wearing_up.jpg

closet_wear_done_up.jpg

closet_sale_up.jpg

closet_sale_down.jpg

And on the rooms - it looks like each room has its own theme music too.

room_1_MIRAI.jpg

★ROOM-MIRAI (WHITE)
♪Music by ラマーズP

room_2_DJ.jpg

★ROOM-DJ (PURPLE)
♪Music by 鼻そうめんP

room_3_LOUNGE.jpg

★ROOM-LOUNGE (BLACK)
♪Music by k_zero+A

room_4_NATURE.jpg

★ROOM-NATURAL (GREEN)
♪Music by きくお

room_5_AQUA.jpg

★ROOM-AQUA (BLUE)
♪Music by Lemm

room_6_WA.jpg

★ROOM-WA (PINK)
♪Music by 黒うさP

Looks like you can place objects in the room too:
room_hinamatsuri.jpg

Gah, I can already tell I'm going to spend a lot of time dressing Miku up :p

Paid for my Project Mirai preorder earlier too, roll on this time next week!

Top Bottom