• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Since when the confirmed it was a Vita game? I thought platform remained announced

The platform has not been announced, but given the video shows graphics of a level far beyond what the PSP entries in the series were capable of and do not match those from the Arcade/DT team, the Vita is a pretty safe guess.

Boney

Banned
The platform has not been announced, but given the video shows graphics of a level far beyond what the PSP entries in the series were capable of and do not match those from the Arcade/DT team, the Vita is a pretty safe guess.

Yeah, and with the promotion they had for win a Vita stuff, it's a safe guess, but the trailer just threw me off.

matmanx1

My copy of Project Mirai shipped today. The accessory set is backordered even though it showed in stock when I ordered it so I'm hoping that Play-Asia will indeed get some more of those and eventually ship it out to me.

No J-3DS for me until late April when the Fire Emblem Special pack launches so it's going to be several weeks until I actually get to play the game but at least it's on the way.

cj_iwakura

So uh, with Sega saying pretty much all their localizations are done, you all think there's a chance they might let a developer publish this?

Hell, if a Kickstarter tried to back Hatsune Miku, they'd make a zillion.

With how easy it'd be to throw together a simple menu/lyrics translation for these games it's still surprising to me that no one's done it. We have English translations for all the music anyway, everything could be completed by a single guy in one day and they could post it on PSN the very next. It's basically free money, especially if they were to start with the oldest game which they don't even sell anymore as it's obsolete.

Wonko_C

With how easy it'd be to throw together a simple menu/lyrics translation for these games it's still surprising to me that no one's done it. We have English translations for all the music anyway, everything could be completed by a single guy in one day and they could post it on PSN the very next. It's basically free money, especially if they were to start with the oldest game which they don't even sell anymore as it's obsolete.

They would have to pay for the rights of the songs for an overseas release, no? Let's just hope Miku Flick does well so it gets them aware.

As said above, I'm sure the biggest stumbling block is the music rights, and maybe even the rights to Miku herself if SEGA's license from Crypton doesn't cover the US. We know at least one song has hit licensing hell even in Japan (failing to reappear in either Dreamy Theater despite every other song from the first game making the jump).

If they do bring it out over here, I'd probably want to start with either 2nd or a combination of extend + the first game - and this is assuming anyone still wants to risk releasing software for the PSP. Can't see it hitting retail at all at any rate.

yuzu

Neo Member
Have been playing mirai and liked it so far!
But it seems there's a bug for unlocking the room change option.
It's not just me, there are some people who had the same issue on the 2ch.
I have accidentally let my 3DS run out of battery while playing mirai and it seemed to trigger off the bug.
So I had to restart the game.

I didn't know most of the songs since I wasn't into Vocaloid much.
But now all of the songs became my favorite and I liked Haro/Hawayu the most!
Miku in LOL costume is really cute.
My favorite PV is Doubutsu Uranai's.
Now I've been working on getting all of SS ranks.
Servant of devil is the hardest for me.
I really want mirai 2! :)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Have been playing mirai and liked it so far!
But it seems there's a bug for unlocking the room change option.
It's not just me, there are some people who had the same issue on the 2ch.
I have accidentally let my 3DS run out of battery while playing mirai and it seemed to trigger off the bug.
So I had to restart the game.

I didn't know most of the songs since I wasn't into Vocaloid much.
But now all of the songs became my favorite and I liked Haro/Hawayu the most!
Miku in LOL costume is really cute.
My favorite PV is Doubutsu Uranai's.
Now I've been working on getting all of SS ranks.
Servant of devil is the hardest for me.
I really want mirai 2! :)

I left it in the cradle when I was unlocking rooms. ^^; I really like the game and I hope Sega makes a 2nd one and builds off of this one with more songs, costumes and more My Room stuff. ^^

matmanx1

Play-Asia cancelled my order of the Project Mirai accessory set but I was able to find another one from Japanvideogames.com. They were more expensive than PA by about $15 but considering the price the accessory set was going for on Ebay ($80-120) it was still far less expensive than those auctions.

It arrived yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to see that that the whole kit is Hori branded (which I had not realized) and that the cover that attaches to the front and back of the 3DS is actually the Hori Clear Plastic case with Hatsune Miku artwork on it and not a skin or sticker like I had originally thought. The pouch is actually a Hori Compact Pouch in that custom yellow color with the same Hatsune Miku artwork on it.

The whole kit feels quality because it's a Hori product and I don't regret the money I spent on it. Now I just need my Japanese 3DS to arrive so that I can actually play the game!

Going to need to track down that accessory case. Just yanked off the case I was using because it apparently negatively affected my ability to get streetpasses, and I couldn't use it with the circle pad.

Miku Flick international version is out. Looks to be $13.99, in line with its Japanese pricing.

Okay, I've given Miku Flick some time. It's actually pretty fun, though a bit unwieldy for people like me who can't read or write Japanese - it's still playable thanks to the visual guide but I can't help but feel some of the game's charm is simply lost in translation. The game does now offer three variants of keyboards - the original all-Japanese keyboard, a keyboard with romaji only, and one with a combination of both. To be honest, it doesn't really make much of a difference which you use you're still unlikely to be able to use it effectively without knowing Japanese in the first place.

As expected, it looks pretty bad on iPad, the visuals being prerendered at standard iPhone resolution with low framerate. Besides that, I can't help but feel the game would play better on iPhone or iPod Touch simply because it allows for actual swiping motions with your thumb, which is completely impractical on iPad.

Three songs are selectable from the start at Easy and Normal difficulties. You unlock difficulties and songs the same way you do in the Project DIVA games - clear a song and unlock another song, clear it on Normal to unlock Hard for the same song, clear Hard to unlock Break The Limit for the same song.

Break The Limit is hilarious - instead of only playing selected syllables you are forced to attempt every last one - in this mode there is no life gauge and the combo meter simply becomes a counter for how many you manage to hit.

If you're in to the music this is a pretty fun way to pass time, but otherwise it's a fairly standard music game and at over $1 per song it's kind of a hard sell.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://miku.sega.jp/info/

8g2XI.jpg

Cute.

jimmypython

iOS is unlikely given Miku Flick - if they were able to do any reasonable amount of rendering in real time they would have done it there.

Never tried that, it is good to know that the new game is more likely on a traditional handheld.

And given that the close-to-arcade quality of Dreamy Theater on the PS3, and that they just released a game on the 3DS, (also, PSP is not possible to handle this quality), Vita seems to be the only choice, which is perfect to me~~I desperately need a reason to buy the system now~~

Also

Any ideas if the Vita can do Dreamy Theater level graphics?

matmanx1

Never tried that, it is good to know that the new game is more likely on a traditional handheld.

And given that the close-to-arcade quality of Dreamy Theater on the PS3, and that they just released a game on the 3DS, (also, PSP is not possible to handle this quality), Vita seems to be the only choice, which is perfect to me~~I desperately need a reason to buy the system now~~

Also

It should be able to get pretty close. In terms of overall image quality I think the Vita is most definitely in the PS3's neighborhood. I play both my PS3 and my Vita almost daily and I am very impressed by the capability of Sony's new portable. You can't do as many objects on the screen or as much complexity within the scene as a PS3 can but if a launch title like Wipeout 2048 can look as amazing as it does then there's no reason that a Dreamy Theater quality experience on the Vita shouldn't be doable.

Wonko_C

Also

I think it's pretty possible, at 30 fps instead of the 60 from the PS3 version, hopefully they can de-couple the animations from the notes so these run at 60 fps, like Rock Band does.

jimmypython

it is real!!

from shinobi's twitter account!

45fa81533a3b585b7b230310478db5729df564e5.jpg

<NEXT HATSUNE MIKU PROJECT DIVA>(temporary name) for the PLAYSTATION VITA! COMING THIS SUMMER!

also, there is a PS3 version coming next year.

but not sure if it is a new game or the Vita port

Wonko_C

it is real!!

<NEXT HATSUNE MIKU PROJECT DIVA>(temporary name) for the PLAYSTATION VITA! COMING THIS SUMMER!

Please be both digital and on card for easy importing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
it is real!!

Vita in my possession at the end of the month confirmed.

it is real!!

my vita is ready .. my wallet on my psn account too ..

WAOUH !!!

frostbyte

it is real!!

woot!

Good to see both the 3DS and Vita are having some love. I was worried there for a sec.

Top Bottom