• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

mollipen

Would love an update for dreamy .. if i can change teh sound of the notes for edit play it will be to TURN THEM OFF

i's really something i wish i could do ...

Wait, you can't turn off note sounds for Dreamy Theater 2? UGH. Is the first DT the same way?

I haven't been playing lately, but yeah, DT2nd ver 1.0 didn't give the ability to change the notesound for edits. The setting is there for regular songs. Sounds like this is something that was added in 1.01 per the site linked above.

I'm in a ridiculously tight work crunch right now and haven't been following news for the past week or two... though I imagine most people were only interested in the updates for extend anyway.

Dreamy Theater 2nd 1.01 patch is out. Downloading as I type, 46mb, I was expecting it to be 39 or 390. :p

lol they won't make a joke during their patch 39 is impossible , 390 is too much no way sony would allow it ( different rules from the game themselves )

EDIT : ZOMG what a patch !!! 42 sound effects ??? i wasn't expecting this .. nor the random playlist option ..

Loving it so far ...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My friend in Japan just messaged me that he's sending Extend and 2nd to me! I can't wait to get them! ^^; I have to get an IPMO in order to send him the money though, I'm not spending $30 just to wire the funds! o_O

decaf

Picked up a Vita last night and I'm wondering which version of Project Diva would be the best to pick up for the PSP - the original, 2nd or extend? On the store it's 4700 yen for extend or 3000 yen for the first two games. I've played a bit of the first game and 2nd, but know little about extend.

mollipen

Picked up a Vita last night and I'm wondering which version of Project Diva would be the best to pick up for the PSP - the original, 2nd or extend? On the store it's 4700 yen for extend or 3000 yen for the first two games. I've played a bit of the first game and 2nd, but know little about extend.

As I've argued on here before, I much prefer the first game to the second. Extend, though, seemed like it might fix some of the problems that 2nd introduced. So I'd say consider those two, stay away from 2nd.

kiryogi

Banned
Really? :eek: I actually like 2nd a lot since it fixes the framerate issues and introduces songs from other vocaloids not Miku. But yeah, either go with 2nd or Extend.

As I've argued on here before, I much prefer the first game to the second. Extend, though, seemed like it might fix some of the problems that 2nd introduced. So I'd say consider those two, stay away from 2nd.

Cheers for the input - was considering 2nd! I'll pick up extend.

WAIT WAIT WAIT ... i'm pretty sure shidoshi opinion is the mironiry ( EDIT: Minority ) of the project diva fans .
All 3 games are fine . but i'll pick 2nd over the first anyday.
2nd has the longer version of some songs ( extra lyrics) , more difficulty mode , A MUCH BETTER FRAMERATE , a better Edit system ( and edit management ), more elaborate songs and is compatible with dreamy theater 2nd.
It also has various helps , if you struggle to reach some goals and clear objectives for the unlocks ( something DIVA 1 is lacking as they are often too hard ). in DIVA 2 , you can play at your own pace , while in the first you're forced to complete objectives if you want anything.

DIVA 2 has more options for the diva rooms as well ... and DUAL SONGS ( song by 2 vocaloids in it ).

2 is a better entry no doubt about it

PICK 2nd and extend ( the very few songs you won't have have been perfected in edit songs by people on the web so you can still get them )

Pretty much have to echo the above - the first game ranks dead last among the three PSP offerings in my book. It has the least songs of the three with most of its songs repeated in the latter two entries, and easily the worst unlock system of the series - playing a song 5 times to get a 25% chance of unlocking content is not my idea of fun.

Also, if you own a PS3 and Project DIVA 2nd, you can get Dreamy Theater 2nd, which has all of the first game's content aside from Sakura no ame.

The first Project Diva is a mediocre rhythm game - returning to its songs in Dreamy Theater 2nd, it was painfully obvious just how inferior those patterns are to the ones in 2nd. Plus, as others have mentioned, the framerate dips whenever there's a large environment in the PVs, which is a big no-no and makes playing the game harder than it should be. Not only does 2nd have much better gameplay, it has all sorts of little enhancements, from the inclusion of an auto-save to remembering what note sounds you chose. The first Project Diva is obsolete and should be avoided at all costs.

Deeku

I remember shidoshi complaining about how there's no feedback from missing a beat or pressing the wrong button in PD2, something that was in the first game (a complaint that I agree with) Eg. if you miss a beat, Miku doesn't sing that note. Is Extend like this as well? Or did they change it back to how it was in the first game?

extend is exactly like 2nd in that respect - presumably, there either isn't enough RAM to store the separate audio track with the higher quality visuals, or there isn't enough storage on the UMD.

Dreamy Theater 2nd restores it though. I personally never notice, because I'm not exactly in the habit of dropping my combo bad enough for it to matter.

EDIT: Also, the first game didn't give any audio feedback for pushing the entirely wrong button. It only broke combo and the note grade would show up in a different color. It actually made it possible to finish a song at near 100% Cool and 0 combo... it was really, really dumb.

RurouniZel

Just got 2nd and Extend today! Woo!!

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

mehdi_san

Holy crap!!!!! Miku's model looks good, has to be Vita. I like this style better than DT too (look at her hair or at her sleeves)

A new project they expect to release in 2012 . it's either PS3 or vita .i 'm a fan of the realistic approach so "mirai" doesn't appeal to me so it's great that they keep on the momentum of extend..

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It isn't so HDesque, maybe those images could be rendered by 3DS... but considering 3DS will have its Project Diva Nendroid, and that maybe those imperfections would be less noticable on a 5 inches OLED screen...

it HAS to be Vita :p

Deeku

I hope it follows the new trend of PS3/Vita games. Better than separating them with another Dreamy Theatre!

Edit: beaten lol:/

Wonko_C

Looks like they used a very improved version of the PSP model and the lighting is kinda similar to Project Mirai. I like it! (also pleasebe60fpspleasebe60fpspleasebe60fps)

The Vita is region free, right? Only need to buy 2 memory cards to lessen the "reset to factory" hassle.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-ViTA purchase confirmed. :(

Ok, we all knew it was coming, let me have my fun :p

I love the look. More appealing than DreamyTheatre imo.

Zenaku

Is it safe to judge it to be Vita? I shrunk the screens with text down to 5 inches and found the text to be way too small to be readable; the text is only slightly larger than what's being used in DT.

It certainly looks like a console version to me. PS3 or Wii U. I'll bet on Wii U, since they said one of the two titles they were working on was a "launch" title.

Is it safe to judge it to be Vita? I shrunk the screens with text down to 5 inches and found the text to be way too small to be readable; the text is only slightly larger than what's being used in DT.

It certainly looks like a console version to me. PS3 or Wii U. I'll bet on Wii U, since they said one of the two titles they were working on was a "launch" title.

isnt that because the svreens are from niconico douga ?
I dont remember arcade screens being bigger either

Zenaku

isnt that because the svreens are from niconico douga ?
I dont remember arcade screens being bigger either

It shouldn't be a problem.

If the videos just an example and is being rendered on a PC I could understand, but we don't know that. All I know is that the watermark in the upper right has the same size ratio to the screen as it does in DT, and the text at the size it is in that video would be too small for the Vita.

RurouniZel

I SO WANT THIS!! I pray it's both for PS3 and Vita, my wallet can't bear another system at the moment! >> <<

Top Bottom