• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

1/12 Weekly Too Damn Cute Diva Station update: new TV CM and more songs and costumes being shown off.

Random selection:

yume_s.jpg

lol_s.jpg

happy_s.jpg

Just a curiosity: how is Hatsune Miku fanbase considering Project Mirai? Will you buy it (and are you going to buy a 3DS just for this game)? Is it drawing your interest? Thanks!

Just a curiosity: how is Hatsune Miku fanbase considering Project Mirai? Will you buy it (and are you going to buy a 3DS just for this game)? Is it drawing your interest? Thanks!

Going by the videos I've seen so far, I'm expecting to like it, but maybe not as much as the Project Diva games. Still gonna be a day one though.

Wonko_C

If I had a lot of money to burn I would probably import a 3DS and the game, that being said, I'm not a fan of the chibi art style. (Don't kill me!) So, nope.

I don't like the art style and I have no intentions to ever import a Japanese 3DS, so I'll just stick with the Project Diva series.

1/26 Weekly Diva Station update: besides the trailer above (I think), it looks like they dive into some gameplay mechanics this time. Several things have been added since we last saw the game playable at TGS. I'll have to step back and let someone who can actually read the explanations figure out what they're talking about.

select.jpg

hodo.jpg

long.jpg

LEVEL3.jpg

LEVEL_MAX.jpg

bonus.jpg

sp.jpg

result.jpg

Also, more screens, from the same songs mentioned in Famitsu I presume:

どうぶつ占い:
do.jpg

Do_mi.jpg

Do_ri.jpg

Do_lu.jpg

Do_me.jpg

君の体温:
kimi_c.jpg

メランコリック:
mela_c.jpg

No Logic:
no.jpg

no_c.jpg

Deeku

Great, more adorable screens is just what we need lol.

I told myself I was going to be better with money this year. But I have a feeling this game might make me crack! ((((;゚Д゚)))))))
GSC selling snow miku nendo's on their online store already made me crack:/

Still able to resist this though, but very much on the edge.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
1/26 Weekly Diva Station update: besides the trailer above (I think), it looks like they dive into some gameplay mechanics this time. Several things have been added since we last saw the game playable at TGS. I'll have to step back and let someone who can actually read the explanations figure out what they're talking about.

select.jpg

hodo.jpg

long.jpg

LEVEL3.jpg

LEVEL_MAX.jpg

bonus.jpg

sp.jpg

result.jpg

Also, more screens, from the same songs mentioned in Famitsu I presume:

どうぶつ占い:
do.jpg

Do_mi.jpg

Do_ri.jpg

Do_lu.jpg

Do_me.jpg

君の体温:
kimi_c.jpg

メランコリック:
mela_c.jpg

No Logic:
no.jpg

no_c.jpg

Holy hhnnnnng, Batman! I'm gonna die from all this cute Vocaloid pics!!
Which of course means I need more!

GSC selling snow miku nendo's on their online store already made me crack:/

Still able to resist this though, but very much on the edge.

GSC? Is that an online site where I can purchase stuff?

muu

I assume Good Smile Company, the makers of the Nendoroid line (among many other figures).

Have they started selling stuff besides the Cheer for Japan thing? I stopped checking that site once the flavor of the month started becoming random Vocaloid characters I care nothing for. Pom pom Miku does need a companion of sorts though, so lonely sitting on my desk by herself.

kiryogi

Banned
Have they started selling stuff besides the Cheer for Japan thing? I stopped checking that site once the flavor of the month started becoming random Vocaloid characters I care nothing for. Pom pom Miku does need a companion of sorts though, so lonely sitting on my desk by herself.

They do sell other things on occasion like the new Snow Miku. I assume since it's so popular. Us oversea folks can place an order next month for it:

http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/top/gcp184.html

I'm glad theyre offering it directly instead of me having to go thru some proxy and paying 2x XD

StayDead

Oh my god this game is so adorable. I already have a JP 3DS so I pre-ordered it as soon as it went avaliable. Every screenshot, every video. It's far too cute for my heart to handle.

HNNNG.

2/9 Weekly Diva Station updates:

A look at various accessory sets made for the game. Includes cell phone strap cleaners, bags, and headphones. Also a glance at the Snow Miku 2012 exhibit in New Chitose Airport.

New AR details and more screenshots! Obligatory picspam follows (selected pics as usual, see the link for all the juicy sweetness).

AR:

ARlive02.jpg

ARpose02.jpg

"on the rocks":

otr_ss.jpg

KAITO_otr.jpg

MEIKO_otr.jpg

"ハロ/ハワユ":

hello_ss.jpg

hello.jpg

"深海少女":
shinkai_ss.jpg

shinkai.jpg

My resolve to not buy a JP 3DS is breaking oh god

mollipen

To go along with my new PSP, I finally gave PD Extend a shot. Oh. My. God. I looooove this game! Totally makes up for how disappointed I was in PD2. Still a few complaints, but I'm having much more fun with the game, I appreciate some of the fixes, and man, track after track that I love - and I still have half of the set list to unlock.

I will say, though, that the one "Miku live" stage makes me love the idea of a next game that replicates an entire Mikunopolis concert.

Still don't care at all about Mirai. *shrugs*

AR is good ...i'll be a repeat BUT

this game won't be in my pocket untill a region free 3ds exist

A total shame..

Viva miku

Totally missed that there was more than one update today - updated the post above.

I'm hoping for a method to make the 3DS region free, but I might seriously just cave in and get a used JP 3DS - I'd just take a day trip to NYC to pick one up from Book Off or have someone up there ship it down to me.

Either way, I probably missed any preorder bonus so I'm unlikely to get the game at launch anyway. That last pic above has come the closest to breaking my resolve than any other so far. If it were a real figure it'd probably be an insta-buy.

RurouniZel

I'm hoping for a method to make the 3DS region free, but I might seriously just cave in and get a used JP 3DS - I'd just take a day trip to NYC to pick one up from Book Off or have someone up there ship it down to me.

I'm leaning the same way. But I did not know there is a Book Off in NY. Do they sell used JPN hardware?

I'm leaning the same way. But I did not know there is a Book Off in NY. Do they sell used JPN hardware?

There is - in fact, the NYC location is larger than the ones in the LA area (and probably at least a match for the San Diego location). They accept Japanese games and consoles and will sell them but of course there's no guarantee they'll have a JP 3DS in stock. Just depends on whether anyone sold them one I guess.

RurouniZel

There is - in fact, the NYC location is larger than the ones in the LA area (and probably at least a match for the San Diego location). They accept Japanese games and consoles and will sell them but of course there's no guarantee they'll have a JP 3DS in stock. Just depends on whether anyone sold them one I guess.

Huh. Well I guess I'll have to check it out then!

So, I'm not sure if I missed it or if they edited the post, but there are images in the 2/7 update I never posted:

"私の時間":
watashi.jpg

"PIANO*GIRL", "LOL -lots of laugh-" - nothing we haven't already seen.

"トリコロール・エア・ライン" - this was featured heavily in trailers, but...
t_miku.jpg

t_rin.jpg

t_luka.jpg

t_meiko.jpg

Deeku

I can't wait until this game comes out, because then the focus will shift to the vita game - a game that I can buy and play lol.

Also, good to see PD Extend gets shidoshi's approval. Will get off psn to play on vita:D

RurouniZel

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

After visiting the 9/11 Memorial with my parents I decided to go to the Book Off in NY to see if they had used JPN 3DSs. I purchased one for Miku goodness next month.

XD. So excited!

Admittedly I can only afford this due to my tax return...

Top Bottom