• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's what Jonathan Blow put himself through to give you The Witness

tumblr_inline_nszlq4Z2FF1qawtfi_500.jpg

Where's the fun in lying about pissbottles?? like good job, you convinced us you're gross? Having it be a marketing stunt is honestly worse to me than having it be true.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't know what you're on about :s

I deleted my Twitter account, so I sorta lost that whole following the industry vibe on that website. I love the news and all, but I left the Twitter-verse. These things are gonna get quite a few journalists and well fans all wound up. I just wonder who should get attention anymore or if it even matters?

I kinda think it should be more about the game and if the game has fans then it can go from there. I haven't met anyone in the industry except a phone call to an AI Engineer who was incredibly nice. I talked to him for a bit, but he sure made it clear that a lot of developers out there are who they are. It's awesome to know these people exist who made these games, but then you sorta feel like it's generating nothing by these kinds of things.

They should share something everyone can sorta take part in and not what only few can really comment about. If that makes any sense?

Head.spawn

Why not just code in the bathroom?

You've got a perfect seat at the toilet, that's for the king. You have troft style with a tub than can probably sit like 3-4 people. I know I'm going to get shit for saying it, but that sink is certainly an option as well.

Put a mini fridge and a fan in there and you're all set.

Noaloha

Where's the fun in lying about pissbottles?? like good job, you convinced us you're gross? Having it be a marketing stunt is honestly worse to me than having it be true.
Worse? They have a game coming out in a few days. This is a funny tweet that scored a whole bunch of extra views across numerous gaming websites and currently has dozens of gaming names tweeting chucklesome comments referencing it. It's a small visual puzzle-gag and an observational nod regarding typical dev crunch time. This is the bad type of marketing?

Shin-Ra

Bit more pricey but couldn't you just get a skip parked outside your desk-side window? Then you could combine your 01's with your 12's.

Worse? They have a game coming out in a few days. This is a funny tweet that scored a whole bunch of extra views across numerous gaming websites and currently has dozens of gaming names tweeting chucklesome comments referencing it. It's a small visual puzzle-gag and an observational nod regarding typical dev crunch time. This is the bad type of marketing?

Maybe I am the crazy one here for not wanting my brand associated with poopsocks and pissbottles, what do I know.

Grisby

Not buying the game until he shows me the jar that has his appendix in it because he had to perform emergency appendectomy on himself because he was too busy working to go to the hospital.

Yep.

Top Bottom