• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The best way to play Musou is drunk.

In college Gundam Warriors 3 was my go-to "sobering-up" game after a long night at the bar before I went to bed, so I wouldn't die from choking on my own vomit.

Zinthar

YEAH THIS GAME IS SO SHALLOW, LOOK IT ONLY FEATURES 70 CHARACTERS THAT ALL HAVE FAIRLY DISTINCT GAMEPLAY

OMG YOU JUST SIT THERE AND KILL PEOPLE, WTF SO SHALLOW

*puts in Call of Duty*

NOW THIS IS A GAME I CAN GET BEHIND, THIS GAMEPLAY IS SO DEEP.

Your style of posting is incredibly obnoxious. Grow up.

Call of Duty is pretty shallow too, but by comparison to Dynasty Warriors it comes off as Dark Souls.

EYEL1NER

What points of yours did I ignore?

This game won't cost much to produce
Yet it will be sold at full price, as opposed to a real game that someone spends a lot of time on
It will sell well because it has Zelda in it, not because of any improvements made

If Dynasty Warriors is your thing, that's cool man. Over here in the west, we have some repetitive games too, such as COD and Madden, and I am not a fan of them either.
What makes Warriors titles not "real games?" They don't cost a billion dollars to make, have a 25,000 person dev team, and take only 4 hours to beat? I probably end up putting at least 50 hours minimum into every Musou title, and depending on the title, am happy to spend full price for one (MSRP for Orochi and Gundam titles over mainline games, I like to get those on the first sale or at a slight discount at launch).

ezekial45

Banned
Dynasty Warriors have people like Zhuge Liang firing laser in the battlefield and Diao Chan wooping asses, I don't it will be hard to fill a decent size roster with the likes of Tingle and supporting cast #3.
True, true.

I'm sure they can throw in some Goran, Zora, Gerudo, and Deku characters. If this is gonna be a greatest hits of sorts, much like FOTNS, One Piece, and Gundam musou were -- then I think characters like Ghirahim, Skull-Kid, Dark Link, and Impa would be great.

PBY

Banned
Diluting the Zelda brand honestly doesn't seem like a good idea to me, regardless of the minor sales bump it might give to this title.

MoxManiac

How is this even going to work? Musou games are about fighting alongside allies in an ever changing army vs army battle. I cant see this working with zelda.

Nätso

I WANT A TRIPLE A ZELDA CROSSOVER

ONLY IF THEY SPEND TRIPLE A MONEY ON THIS GAME WILL I CONSIDER IT TO BE GOOD

Just relax.

It's cool if you find the game interesting. Nobody is saying that you're not allowed to like it.

To a lot of us, it appears to be underwhelming and undesirable. There's no need to be confrontational about it.

Your hatred of a product you have no clue about is incredibly annoying. Grow up.

You're defending a game you have very little knowledge about. What is the problem here?

Pain

Banned
Why are some people defending this game so much?
It's Dynasty Warriors Zelda. It's an easy way for Nintendo to make more money and milk its fanbase. If I didn't know any better, I would call it shovelware, but that's probably too harsh.

Jarate

Banned
It's Dynasty Warriors Zelda. It's an easy way for Nintendo to make more money and milk its fanbase. If I didn't know any better, I would call it shovelware, but that's probably too harsh.
Have you ever played the games recently.

Maybe you should give them a try with an unbiased viewpoint. You could probably pick up Gundam 3 for fairly cheap

sensui-tomo

Nätso;94016461 said:
Just relax.

It's cool if you find the game interesting. Nobody is saying that you're not allowed to like it.

To a lot of us, it appears to be underwhelming and undesirable. There's no need to be confrontational about it.

You're defending a game you have very little knowledge about. What is the problem here?

he's talking about the musou series in general, not the zelda musou :/
Have you ever played the games recently.

Maybe you should give them a try with an unbiased viewpoint. You could probably pick up Gundam 3 for fairly cheap
At the very least recommend a good one like DW7,8 Warriors orochi 3

Guevara

Any port in a storm

Tiu Neo

You know what I want after that?

A Mushroom Kingdom Musou.

Just imagine, the armies of Goombas vs armies of Toads, Bowser destroing everything, and then Mario, Luigi and Peach show up mounted on Yoshis to save the day. That would be glorious.

Zinthar

Your hatred of a product you have no clue about is incredibly annoying. Grow up.

I can be a condenscending douche on the Internet too!

Lol. Back to the spoiler tags and childish name calling. All because you're hurt over the opinion I expressed. Seriously buddy, grow up.

Jarate

Banned
Nätso;94016461 said:
Just relax.

I have absolutely 0 knowledge of a warriors game even though I have bought practically every single warriors game released since DW5!

Also, im just defending a title that gets shit on for no reason. Would you be happy and accept if everyone is shitting on a niche game you happen to like

Because Dynasty Warriors isn't a shovelware series and gets a lot of hate from people who don't actually play them or only play them on easy. I know I was one of those people and then I played OP musou and was shocked to find how much depth a "bad" musou game has.

studyguy

God forbid people enjoy Dynasty Warriors.
It's a spinoff title, who cares. People in here are treating it like the end of the world.
Get over it.

You know what I want after that?

A Mushroom Kingdom Musou.

Just imagine, the armies of Goombas vs armies of Toads, Bowser destroing everything, and then Mario, Luigi and Peach show up mounted on Yoshis to save the day. That would be glorious.

I want a metroid musou. Just think about how awesome it could be.

Jarate

Banned
Lol. Back to the spoiler tags and childish name calling. All because you're hurt over the opinion I expressed. Seriously buddy, grow up.

Im going to grow up and be just like you!

The next time they announce a crossover I dont agree with, im going tongo into the the thread shit on the game with absolutely 0 knowledge of it. Im gonna be just like you!

Slambot6

Neo Member
Hrrmm.

I suppose in practise it is no different than placing an established franchise into another genre, maybe like Mario > Mario Kart.

PBY

Banned
Thats why Zelda died after the Wand of Gamelon!

smh man.

You're not even trying to have any sort of discussion or are willing to hear any sort of criticism.

I'm not saying its gonna kill Zelda (because the leap you made is ridiculous), or even really harm the next Zelda sales in any significant way. But over time, its clear that NIntendo has shown a troubling pattern of recycling IPs over and over, and after a while it does start to chip away at the brand. Look at the latest Mario sales.

shaowebb

People who still bitch about Musou haven't played Orochi 3 or Dynasty 8. Games are solid and have a lot to enjoy. Tons of characters to unlock, tons of weapons and new musous to unlock for the whole cast, alternate story paths, hell Orochi even had team building and higher difficulty given the swarm of officers.

In addition just want to add that anyone who whines we dont have enough beat em up is blind to how good hack n slash got as its spiritual successor and anyone who pulls the whole parroting of how Sengoku Basara is okay to enjoy but not a Musou game is just trying to go with the whatever opinion others tell him are cool.

Fact is Musou is awesome now. If you dont play it then you dont have a realistic opinion of it yet. If its not for you then fine, but respect that to many of us here it is a BIG thing and overseas in japan it is so enormous that there are huge polls just to see who makes it into the next one and it is one of the most teased and followed series there is. The following these titles have in Japan is comparable to how folks follow smash news over here. Hell they even have concerts for the image albums done by their voice actors.

Dont like Musou? To each their own, but parroting it sucks is ignorant as its VERY big and you should realize by now its one of the biggest genres there is in other countries than your own.

Brand dilution is a real thing

Halo 4 damaged the brand because of the design decisions that 343 made.

Halo 4: King of the Hill Fueled By Mountain Dew, the iOS app where you went to 7/11s and scanned Doritos and Mountain Dews to get power ups in an iOS shooter to get points for Halo 4 did not really damage the brand because nobody cared.

If the Wii U Zelda game is really good, then people will talk about it and buy it (albeit as much as the Wii U userbase can support). Nobody in the Zelda target audience will disavow it or refuse to buy it because there was a forgettable crossover-ish spinoff a while back.

Or maybe even Smash Bros Musou Orochi. With Nintendo worlds fused, so even less popular games could have a chance. Ice Climbers would be interesting, and I bet Pit would have a cool moveset.

Ok we are approaching seriously awesome potential.
How about SMT vs Nintendo worlds. Demons invade the regions of Nintendo characters and all them team up to fight off the hordes from their different worlds?

Jarate

Banned
smh man.

You're not even trying to have any sort of discussion or are willing to hear any sort of criticism.

I'm not saying its gonna kill Zelda (because the leap you made is ridiculous), or even really harm the next Zelda sales in any significant way. But over time, its clear that NIntendo has shown a troubling pattern of recycling IPs over and over, and after a while it does start to chip away at the brand. Look at the latest Mario sales.

maybe the more recent mario sales is because the console has sold like absolute garbage!

But of course, when we were flooded with hundreds of mario games on the SNES, most of them being shit, it really hurt Mario 64 sales didnt it!

Nätso

I have absolutely 0 knowledge of a warriors game even though I have bought practically every single warriors game released since DW5!

Also, im just defending a title that gets shit on for no reason. Would you be happy and accept if everyone is shitting on a niche game you happen to like

I'm saying that you're defending HyruleWarriors; a game that you can't possibly know much about outside of what's been shown today.

If I say that I disliked Dynasty Warriors X# based off of gameplay videos that I've seen online, then my opinion of that particular game, is just as valid as your opinion of Hyrule Warriors.

And if people were shitting on a niche title that I happened to like, I wouldn't give a shit. I like what I like, just like you like what you like. The problem comes with confrontation.

You're not going to change someone's mind through name calling.

ITT:
gMeKGeS.jpg

Gxgear

I can be a condenscending douche on the Internet too!

You're not the hero that Koei deserves, but definitely the one it needs right now.

The DW franchise is guilty of many things (milking fans, chronic technical issues), but the same could be said for many long-running franchises that people continuously support because they're fun, and in the end that's all that matters.

Top Bottom