• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think Microsoft might surprise a bunch of people

Dusky

I'd also speculate that few on here played the majority of the Sony exclusives released lately or if they did they moved on quick.

The ones I'm thinking.

Socom 4
Twisted Metal
StarHawk
Playstation All Stars
Ratchet and Clank All 4 one.
Motorstorm Apocalipse

I've seen may negative comments for the games they played as well, UC 3, Resistance 3 had a divisive reception.

You sure do love bashing Sony titles heh. To be honest none of those title are bad as such (critic response wise, personally I think PSASBR and R&C: A4O are dreadful) and let me remind you that a few MS titles haven't faired all to well with GAF in recent years either see Fable 3, GoW 3, Halo 4...

Bit size games are something I play when otherwise doing something else: bus, car ride. And the sessions last about 5 minutes, max. I never play them if I have actual options like Vita/3DS/consoles. The vast, vast majority truly are boring shlock, and the only reason for their success is their cheapness and the general attitude consumers have when spending a dollar. People would literally throw dollars into a fountain to bring them good luck if it weren't made of paper.

What do you consider a bit sized game? Games like Fez and Bastion are longer than many retail games.

DEADEVIL

Because they did not affect the amount of core games Sony put out in the last 3-4 years, so Move is a non factor to me. Kinect would have been the same had MS followed suit. It's really not hard to understand the concept.

Again, like anyone can see Micrsoft released it's biggest core games for it's core fanbase.

Which is why in those same 4 years the 360 has always had the #1 selling exclusive of the year.

Last year, we now know was the final year of the 360. It is the oldest system this gen by an entire year.

It is a fact, that MS supported it's core games as last year Xbox core got to play:

Halo 4
Forza Horizon (Forza name but a completely new open world racing experience)
Witcher 2
Minecraft (Xbox 360 edition) which sold over 5 million on XBLA
Trials Evolution
Fez
Mark of Ninja
Alan Wake Nightmares
Deadlight

On top of the huge releases like Mass Effect 3, Black Ops 2, and Assasin's Creed 3

The GOTY was The Walking dead.

AAA games are not cheap which is why you havent seen a New AAA Ip from Sony or MS in the last 3 years.

Who are we kidding even games on the level of the amazing Journey from a small team takes years and almost bankrupted Thatgamingcompany.

Sony and MS take the same approach to how they release their big games.

Fans wait 2 to 3 years to play the next big Halo, Forza, and Gears jst like it take those same 2-3 years for fans to play Uncharted, Killzone,and Infamous.

Sony started a year late and are ending early so now you are seeing the next iterations of Killzone and Infamous launch on the PS4 instead of the PS3.

You see in this economy what happens to companies who release new IPs like Kingdoms of Amalur.

Microsoft is feediing the core 360 gamers and the sales and hours online prove that core 360 gamers are the ones who crave franchise like Halo 4, Gears, as well as Minecraft & Black ops 2.

Derrick isn't a core 360 gamer that loves those franchise and doesnt even own a 360, so his preferences aren't going to line up with the millions of fans of those franchise and the 20 million+ who frequent Live and game daily on that console.

Micrsoft supports the audience they should but the fact is nobody is going to like every game that is released for any console that they own.

Feindflug

They would surprise me if they didn't make the next xbox a Kinect-fest. I signed on to 360 day one, but I am done paying for online, and their first party stuff hasn't done anything for me other than Gears 3. I won't be going for the next MS machine. I think it's going to be a microtransaction, paywalled, casual app-fest with maybe some moneyhat exclusives. I think their unfounded confidence with Surface is an indication of what to expect from their next console, and even if I am wrong, they have soured my opinion this gen and I am out.

So if MS fucks up you won't get a Durango and if MS delivers you're still not getting a Durango...wtf?

I've seen a lot of people that have already decided which console to get and even go as far as trying to justify their 9 months from now (lol) purchase...people need to calm down and think, everything pre-launch always sounds perfect with lots of (not) exclusives, lots of cool features, and lots of (we assume) free stuff.

E3 will be the time where we'll be able to tell where we're leaning but right now when we don't know shit about what the big 3 are really cooking I think it's TOO early to decide or even form an opinion about anything.

Again, like anyone can see Micrsoft released it's biggest core games for it's core fanbase.

Which is why in those same 4 years the 360 has always had the #1 selling exclusive of the year.

Last year, we now know was the final year of the 360. It is the oldest system this gen by an entire year.

It is a fact, that MS supported it's core games as last year Xbox core got to play:

Halo 4
Forza Horizon (Forza name but a completely new open world racing experience)
Witcher 2
Minecraft (Xbox 360 edition) which sold over 5 million on XBLA
Trials Evolution
Fez
Mark of Ninja
Alan Wake Nightmares
Deadlight

You forgot Dust: An Elysian Tail & Akai Katana, both really great games IMO.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Although it looks to me like that drop coincides with the overall drop in industry sales, and is not just something specific to Kinect. Are the casuals tired of it though? It's hard to say, we really won't know until it's put to the test.

They basically sold 5m in all of 2012, most of which were bundled with black Friday deals. I wonder how many people went out of there way to buy a Kinect in the last year and how many use it? It is defiantly on a downward trend, the fad is over. Will they recapture it with Durango? Well they certainly thought so in 2010-2011 when they made their design decisions for next gen.

They basically sold 5m in all of 2012, most of which were bundled with black Friday deals. I wonder how many people went out of there way to buy a Kinect in the last year and how many use it? It is defiantly on a downward trend, the fad is over. Will they recapture it with Durango? Well they certainly thought so in 2010-2011 when they made their design decisions for next gen.

Sony sure is betting that the fad didn't die. If it did, will they recapture it with Eye Toy 3.0?

pelican

False.

blah

You get quite sensitive when a member questions the validity of Kinect don't ya?

I can understand to some degree people buying too much into console fandom, but Kinect? You are the first.

Hats off to you. Trying to defend the abortion which is Star Wars Kinect, and the general quality of the Kinect experience is no mean feat. Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. I've owned once since launch, and unfortunately have wasted far too much of my life trying to have fun with it.

edit - Just seen your latest rant. You really are an insufferable cocktail of xbox fanboy, and armchair business man. A balanced approach is far more welcome in any debate.

I'm afraid that Microsoft won't surprise me at all.

I think the specs we've received thus far are 100% accurate, and that the always online & no used game details are also correct.

madmackem

False.

Kinect has only been out for 2 years and 3 month and averaged 12 million Kinects sold a year.

What sales 'Cliff' are you talking about ?

So Kinect is a joke because of Star Wars Kinect which outsold every single Sony release in retail last year. So does that mean that Playstation game sales fell of a cliff?

You are pretending it only sold for 'One' holiday season, but it is a fact that Kinect sold a million units on Black friday the following year. You might want to revise your statement.

You got Rare's Kinect Sports that is 5 million plus in two years with the sequel the very next year over 2 million. You have 10 games that are over a million sold on Kinect when you can't name one game Move game that sold over a million.

Kinect is for the casual just like the Wii. Which is why the 100 million install of the Wii is now turned into a JUST DANCE machine.

Unfortunately for the current Wii-U, Just dance's #2 selling crowd is now on the 360, which sold over a million in it's Kinect debut and the last one barely sold on either the Wii-U or the PS3.

Kinect has been a flat-out success for MS. It's the #1 motion control peripheral right now and they are improving it next gen.

With Nintendo unable to counter Kinect and the upgrade of the system, the migration of the casual crowd to the next gen may have a shot to still lean toward MS.

I think those kinect sales are somewhat fudged, there was a point you couldnt find an xbox by itself at retail without getting a kinect bundle.

You get quite sensitive when a member questions the validity of Kinect don't ya?

I can understand to some degree people buying too much into console fandom, but Kinect? You are the first.

Hats off to you. Trying to defend the abortion which is Star Wars Kinect, and the general quality of the Kinect experience is no mean feat. Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. I've owned once since launch, and unfortunately have wasted far too much of my life trying to have fun with it.

You put more effort into it than I have then. When it made selecting UI options a chore and forced me to yell at it just to pause a video, I unplugged it. Cool concept mixed with shitty execution. Ditto for the Move and Wii Waggle. And now we're faced with a next gen in which Microsoft is firmly entrenched with Kinect, Sony loved it so much they copied it and included it with every PS4 AND on top of that are keeping Move around, and Nintendo's pack-in game for the Wii U only works completely if you have Wiimotes. Hurry for my iPad Mini. I'm not that jaded though, I know there's plenty of devs that wont be bothered with any of those gimmicks beyond what they need to support just to be on the console.

DEADEVIL

Not sure you understand what it means for something to fall off a cliff. He's saying that sales slowed dramatically, and they did. Average sales over the device's lifespan say absolutely nothing about that.

No graph needed. He said Kinect says dropped off of a Cliff and only sold one holiday season.

- Kinect has been out for 2 year and 3 months.

- 8 million units sold in 2 months (breaking the Guiness book of records for sales)

- The following year stand alone Kinect sold a million in 24 hours during Black Friday

- 24 million sold in only 2 years

- 10 games selling over a million with more that will over the cousre of their lifetime

- The nearest direct competitor has zero games that have sold over a million

- Since Kinect's arrival the 360 has been #1 in NPD for two years and counting (it is the oldest console on the market this gen)

- Kinect Star Wars outsold every retail games released in the same year by Sony

Bottomline every console does not mirror it's most successful year of sales, so why should Kinect?

Every consoles games on all the consoles are not going to have good reviews or sales, so why should that make or break Kinect?

You could hate Kinect with all your guts it still IMO is a succes for MS compared to it's competition.

DEADEVIL

So if MS fucks up you won't get a Durango and if MS delivers you're still not getting a Durango...wtf?

I've seen a lot of people that have already decided which console to get and even go as far as trying to justify their 9 months from now (lol) purchase...people need to calm down and think, everything pre-launch always sounds perfect with lots of (not) exclusives, lots of cool features, and lots of (we assume) free stuff.

E3 will be the time where we'll be able to tell where we're leaning but right now when we don't know shit about what the big 3 are really cooking I think it's TOO early to decide or even form an opinion about anything.

You forgot Dust: An Elysian Tail & Akai Katana, both really great games IMO.

My bad only listed the games off of the top of my head. I didnt even mention Alan Wake nightmares either.

I own the ones I listed but I keep hear great things about Dust. I need to break down and just buy it. Never heard anyone mention Akai Katana. Is it really good? I'll check it out tonight.

You put more effort into it than I have then. When it made selecting UI options a chore and forced me to yell at it just to pause a video, I unplugged it. Cool concept mixed with shitty execution. Ditto for the Move and Wii Waggle. And now we're faced with a next gen in which Microsoft is firmly entrenched with Kinect, Sony loved it so much they copied it and included it with every PS4 AND on top of that are keeping Move around, and Nintendo's pack-in game for the Wii U only works completely if you have Wiimotes. Hurry for my iPad Mini. I'm not that jaded though, I know there's plenty of devs that wont be bothered with any of those gimmicks beyond what they need to support just to be on the console.
Why do I keep seeing MS fans say that? Sony launched Eye Toy on PS2. PS Eye on PS3, Move bundled with PS eyes later on, and now PS4 is launching with an upgraded PS eye?

Do Kinect sales influence Sony? Sure, but I fail to see how offering an upgraded camera in a platform that is designed around social media and sharing is copying. It's LOGICAL...Every laptop/tablet/all in one desktop comes with some form of camera now.

MS should be applauded for Kinect, but I think Sony copying something purely because Kinect was successful is a tad misleading. I think MS kinect will be a lot more intergraded into the OS and overall be a bigger focus. I think Sony's is there because developers want it there. That's usually how Sony does things anyway, which is one of there problems. They try to make everything and let someone else blow up on it instead of dedicated itself to one idea.

And that thing with MM and move looks to have a lot of potential. If I can create my own 2D mario title with tight controls, that's a killer app IMO...

Izick

I really hope they don't pack in a Kinect with every console. Would drive the cost too much for Microsoft's strategy.

My guess is Kinect will be BC for now, and we'll get Kinect 2.0 in a few years.

EDIT: I'm still curious as to whether the thing will have a Blu-Ray player or what.

Why do I keep seeing MS fans say that? Sony launched Eye Toy on PS2. PS Eye on PS3, Move bundled with PS eyes later on, and now PS4 is launching with an upgraded PS eye?

Not just launching with it, including it in every box. Huge difference, and the upgrades they made to it make it function spatially in the same way as Kinect minus the near-Infrared capabilities. Odd though that you don't see the same people who whine about Kinect whining about this. "Oh no Kinect in every console means every game is going to be casual shit!". I have no problem with them doing it. Grab that casual money. It spends just as well. I'm under no stupid delusion that by including a kinect or eye toy in each box that it automatically means every game will be forced to use it.

I really hope they don't pack in a Kinect with every console. Would drive the cost too much for Microsoft's strategy.

My guess is Kinect will be BC for now, and we'll get Kinect 2.0 in a few years.

EDIT: I'm still curious as to whether the thing will have a Blu-Ray player or what.

You are living in a dream world, sir. =)

On the OP. I do think MS will surprise a lot of people. In general, MS should be in a better position to take a loss on every console. 720 should easily be on par and perhaps exceed PS4's specs if MS wants to. I think Windows 8 will be the OS, and the platform will be capable of much of what PS4 is, and MS will push there ecosystem hard. Windows 8 store I think will replace Xbox Live, and they will tie everything together from there Nokia phones to the new Surface laptop/tablets. Upgraded Avatar system, refined controller, compelling price-point with a subsidized Windows contract I think are all feasible and IMO expected from 720. The only differences I believe are going to come down to OS, and if Gaikai is a big deal or not and actually changes things up in the industry.

So I don't know where these rumors are coming from, but I would literally be SHOCKED if 720 isn't a bit more powerful than PS4 now that MS knows the specs, be a new platform for Windows, makes Kinect cool and usable, and offer a revamped Avatar system that connects everything Windows.

On the OS/Ecosystem side, I think MS will have Sony beat, and it literally will come down to who caters to the devs better, and that ultimately means what system has the better games.

DEADEVIL

The whole does anyone use it based on perceptions from people that don't is not going to get anyone anywhere.

I'm a huge fan of motion control for the experiences with family and friends.

I bought the Wii and probably have over 20 games for it, I bought every guitar hero/Rock Band, I bought Move the month it launched and 6 games right off the back, I bought Kinect and easily have over a dozen games for it.

But, the one thing they all ave in common for me as an adult id I mainly pull them out when friends and family want to play. I never want to have this ridiculous advantage over the people I
play against. So I don't normally play alone unless I'm playing a game specifically like Child of Eden (which was IMO one of the best experiences on Kinect).

But, the difference is I use Kinect for movies and music as well. Xbox Pause is a normal saying at this point when watching flicks.

But, I do know that the younger kids who In bought Kinect for as gifts play all the time. Especially the girls.

Not just launching with it, including it in every box. Huge difference, and the upgrades they made to it make it function spatially in the same way as Kinect minus the near-Infrared capabilities. Odd though that you don't see the same people who whine about Kinect whining about this. "Oh no Kinect in every console means every game is going to be casual shit!". I have no problem with them doing it. Grab that casual money. It spends just as well. I'm under no stupid delusion that by including a kinect or eye toy in each box that it automatically means every game will be forced to use it.

Oh ok...I agree then....and yeah, I think a kinect that works is a fantastic addition to the platform. I never got into any Kinect game, but the tech there is still cool...

wouldn't including a kinect in each box drive up the cost?

False.

Kinect has only been out for 2 years and 3 month and averaged 12 million Kinects sold a year.

What sales 'Cliff' are you talking about ?

So Kinect is a joke because of Star Wars Kinect which outsold every single Sony release in retail last year. So does that mean that Playstation game sales fell of a cliff?

You are pretending it only sold for 'One' holiday season, but it is a fact that Kinect sold a million units on Black friday the following year. You might want to revise your statement.

You got Rare's Kinect Sports that is 5 million plus in two years with the sequel the very next year over 2 million. You have 10 games that are over a million sold on Kinect when you can't name one game Move game that sold over a million.

Kinect is for the casual just like the Wii. Which is why the 100 million install of the Wii is now turned into a JUST DANCE machine.

Unfortunately for the current Wii-U, Just dance's #2 selling crowd is now on the 360, which sold over a million in it's Kinect debut and the last one barely sold on either the Wii-U or the PS3.

Kinect has been a flat-out success for MS. It's the #1 motion control peripheral right now and they are improving it next gen.

With Nintendo unable to counter Kinect and the upgrade of the system, the migration of the casual crowd to the next gen may have a shot to still lean toward MS.

Gamers have ZERO incentive to get the next Xbox if Microsoft is pushing Kinect first and foremost. What incentive does a casual gamer have to get the new Xbox? Kinect 2.0? A lot of those customers have had 360 Kinect for less than two years. Does Microsoft actually think those people are ready to update with a 300-400 dollar system? The hardcore gamers HATE Kinect. So what is their strategy?

DEADEVIL

I think those kinect sales are somewhat fudged, there was a point you couldnt find an xbox by itself at retail without getting a kinect bundle.

How do you fudge statistics like Kinect sold 1 million stand-alone Kinect in 24 hours one year after it was on the Market.

Those sales are from people Casual and Harcore that already own a 360. The bundles are Kinect influencing people to buy the entire console. Either is a win-win For MS because that was the whole point.

Even Pachter initially thought Kinect would flop at $150 dollars a pop, but it broke records at it's highest sales point alone.

Kinect not for everybody, but neither is any console or handheld.

Maybe we could wait for them to tell us ?

They don't have a strategy that makes sense, I'll tell you that much. A console that tries to do everything out of the box will do nothing particularly well. It's going to be a focus tested nightmare. They're going to pack in a device that hardcore gamers hate with a passion and casual gamers have zero incentive to upgrade to given the price and the age of the Kinect for the 360 they just bought.

Shaneus

Does anybody like the Obsidian idea? I think it's some small-market baseball kind of shit, because I can't really see them costing Microsoft a whole lot, but they're a real hidden gem in the rough. They could be to the Nextbox as what Bioware was to the original Xbox.
I can picture MS doing something like that with a smaller dev, definitely. If they were picking a team though, I'd guess it would probably be someone like Double Fine. Probably wouldn't be the best pickup given that they're not the greatest sellers and don't make "AAA" games, but they did release Monster and Kinect Party solely for MS (and for a time, I think Trenched/Iron Brigade was exclusive, even if only for a few months?). If not them, then definitely someone who has that level of cache with the general public (like Obsidian).

Alx

They don't have a strategy that makes sense, I'll tell you that much. A console that tries to do everything out of the box will do nothing particularly well. It's going to be a focus tested nightmare. They're going to pack in a device that hardcore gamers hate with a passion and casual gamers have zero incentive to upgrade to given the price and the age of the Kinect for the 360 they just bought.

You sound so sure of it, while we still have no official word, no price, no game title and no release date... So I'll repeat myself, maybe we could wait for them to tell us ?

derFeef

Why are you speaking for everyone?
Plus why are you so confident in anything you said there? We know nothing for sure, Sony even had different specs and new stuff we did not know about.

Izick

I can picture MS doing something like that with a smaller dev, definitely. If they were picking a team though, I'd guess it would probably be someone like Double Fine. Probably wouldn't be the best pickup given that they're not the greatest sellers and don't make "AAA" games, but they did release Monster and Kinect Party solely for MS (and for a time, I think Trenched/Iron Brigade was exclusive, even if only for a few months?). If not them, then definitely someone who has that level of cache with the general public (like Obsidian).

Do you think Tim Schafer would be down with that? He seems against the idea of being chained down to one of the bigger players.

DEADEVIL

Gamers have ZERO incentive to get the next Xbox if Microsoft is pushing Kinect first and foremost. What incentive does a casual gamer have to get the new Xbox? Kinect 2.0? A lot of those customers have had 360 Kinect for less than two years. Does Microsoft actually think those people are ready to update with a 300-400 dollar system? The hardcore gamers HATE Kinect. So what is their strategy?

A whole lot of fake hyperbole.

Speak for yourself.

People pretend that there are only hardcore games and casual and that there is an either or. But, the fact is that every gamers have their own preferences.

It's like proclaiming that no hardcore gamers play Angry birds which is clearly a casual game.

Millions of Kinect units sold were stand-alone Kinect unit which were made up of existing core 360 gamers.

Millions of gamers who bought Wiis are core gamers as well, who bought it on the strength of wii Sports and other supposedly casual experiences.

I always laugh at how online Kinect haters make these proclaims, but offline some of the biggest core 360 gamers still got achivements in Dance Central and Kinect Sports.

At the end of the day, Kinect is optional and millions of gamers elected that option.

The gamers that 'hate' Kinect didn't purchase it and didn't use it. The rest comprised to give some kinect games the sales that many hardcore and casual retail games never achieve.

Their strategy is to improve the system that is helped them push record numbers for an aging console.

They are improving it, and it's coming with every console. This is the same strategy as Sony.

What we see is the illogical view that only MS should NEVER promote Kinect with games, while pretending that one of Sony's biggest developer didn't walk on the stage and say they 'Love move' and promote the peripheral and their Move game.

derFeef

Do you think Tim Schafer would be down with that? He seems against the idea of being chained down to one of the bigger players.

So does Jonathan Blow. That shows that if there are possibilities (and money) those rules can always be broken.

Izick

0070_nqcgj.gif

he was too busy fixing his RROD...

Good luck!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
To do that will require Gaikai streaming of PS4 games. They haven't even nailed down yet how they're going to handle streaming old titles.

In this scenario I think you would be remote playing off your friends ps4, not a gaikai datacenter server. I'm not holding my breath for that functionality on day one, but it's not a feature dependent on general gaikai streaming of ps4 games.

Gamers have ZERO incentive to get the next Xbox if Microsoft is pushing Kinect first and foremost.

Thank God they won't be doing that then, right? Unless of course you got your hands on an early copy of their launch presentation. If so, do tell. Saying that their goal is first and foremost to push Kinect is as dumb as saying Sony's goal was to first and foremost push the Dual Shock. Let me ease your mind. Call of Duty and a slew of other games will be shown, probably a few money hats, and a great many of them won't require you to waggle or wave to play them. There will probably be a few cringe-worthy moments during the presentation as well on par with Media Molecule and Sucker Punch. Enjoy those moments. It's from them that great gifs and jokes come.

DEADEVIL

Fact.

Wiii-U still uses Wii-motes and upcoming games to garners sales include Wii-fit and a new Wii-Sports.

PS4 includes Move and the camera and again walked onstage promoting a Move controlled game.

Your logic is flawed if you believe that Microsoft should not promotethe device that broke records for the 360 and average 12 million a year in the last two years based simply on your opinion which is backed by nothing but your opinion of hardcore verses casual.

Fact.

Wiii-U still uses Wii-motes and upcoming games to garners sales include Wii-fit and a new Wii-Sports.

PS4 includes Move and the camera and again walked onstage promoting a Move controlled game.

Your logic is flawaed if you believe that Microsoft should not promotethe device that broke records for the 360 and average 12 million a year in the last two years based simply on your opinion which is backed by nothing but your opinion of hardcore verses casual.

it includes move?had no idea.

DEADEVIL

edit - Just seen your latest rant. You really are an insufferable cocktail of xbox fanboy, and armchair business man. A balanced approach is far more welcome in any debate.

Aww it sounds like you are the sensitive one

Never bought, owned, or defended Star wars kinect, I simply pointed out the facts of it's success when used as an example of Kinect's failure.

Call me want but if I made a silly fanboy statement like Move sucks and Eyepet and Friends is the armpit of gaming so that means the PS3 is a failure and no hardcore gamer will buy the PS4 because of it, I'm sure there would be some vocal disagreement and rightly so.

I never proclaim Kinect is the greatest device known to man or even that MS is better that the 360, but I poin simply point out that the facts that both consoles have reached out for the same audience regardless of any of our gaming preferences.

No, he's wrong there. Neither the Wii U nor the PS4 come with waggle sticks. They're sold separately. PS4 will incude the dual camera eye, and Wii U includes a sensor bar.

hmm So it does make sense for kinect to ship. I just don't think it makes sense if it literally needs to be plugged for the console to work. lets say if the kinect breaks, then the console becomes a useless doorstop until the kinect is fixed or you get a new one. we shall see.

DEADEVIL

No, that can't be right. Does he mean Move as in the move bar in the Dualshock 4?

Is that confirmed, BaconSammy? Going to jack prices up if so.

Nope a Move device and the camera. If we are to believe the Kinect pack-in rumor then we have to believe the Move rumor.

No, that can't be right. Does he mean Move as in the move bar in the Dualshock 4?

Is that confirmed, BaconSammy? Going to jack prices up if so.

the ps4 controller has that bar that reads the camera so i guess it does make sense if it does come with that.

madmackem

How do you fudge statistics like Kinect sold 1 million stand-alone Kinect in 24 hours one year after it was on the Market.

Those sales are from people Casual and Harcore that already own a 360. The bundles are Kinect influencing people to buy the entire console. Either is a win-win For MS because that was the whole point.

Even Pachter initially thought Kinect would flop at $150 dollars a pop, but it broke records at it's highest sales point alone.

Kinect not for everybody, but neither is any console or handheld.

Maybe fudged was the wrong word, skewed was the word i was looking for.

Izick

Nope a Move device and the camera. If we are to believe the Kinect pack-in rumor then we have to believe the Move rumor.

I don't believe either.

Seems like it would be too much additional money for launch consoles. Not to mention there's money to be made in high-profile accessories.

Top Bottom