• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dark Soul 3 confirmed real by leaked promo art - Early 2016

convo

I think it's fairly disingenuous to not count Bloodborne as a Souls game.

Some people always compared LA Noir to GTA for no reason other than it being published by Rockstar and having the usual open world UI. I personally can put BB on a seperate Podium from the souls series simply because of the combat.

tcrunch

That's definitely Alva's Armor.

Aside from the different gloves, leggings, shoulder guards, helmet (which has tiny bunny ears at the back for those of you trying to forget that the guy is giving a thumbs-up), and chest piece, it sure is.

I dont see the problem

Demons Souls 2009 A Team
Dark Souls 1 2011 A Team
Dark Souls final dlc oct 2012

B-Team Created

Dark Souls 2 2014 B team
Bloodborne 2015 A team
Dark Souls 3 2016 ???

Kanann

FKEg0fv.jpg

can I use this as my profile picture?

convo

I like the Forza and Forza Horizon comparison on the previous page in regards to BB. Also souls game without correcting yourself on terminology.

Soma

oh ok cool

kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda worried that the images shown so far haven't really excited me at all and i'm hoping the game does enough on its own to keep the series fresh

in miyazaki we trust i guess <3

Buburibon

That's awesome. I'm done with Souls games for now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be plenty hungry for more come Spring 2016.

Mandelbo

If they're going to have references to previous dark souls games I'd rather they had context and more integration into the world as a whole. Quite a few of the references in DS2 seemed fairly vapid, like the inclusion of the sunlight warrior covenant and havel's set.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I dont see the problem

Demons Souls 2009 A Team
Dark Souls 1 2011 A Team
Dark Souls final dlc oct 2012

B-Team Created

Dark Souls 2 2014 B team
Bloodborne 2015 A team
Dark Souls 3 2016 ???

It's kinda strange, DS2 was announced at the end of 2012 (TGS). Bloodborne was announced at E3 2014 and now DS3 will be announced in E3 as well, so that makes the release ~ 9-12 months after the announcement. Could it be because of Miyzaki?

Rocketz

Alright it's time to finally get on the Souls train. I've watched full playthroughs of Dark 2 and Bloodborne and it's time to buy this day one. I'm picking up scholar of the first sin soon.

From Software is such a ridiculously productive developer of large amounts of Quality content. How do they do it?

I am ok with the annualization of Souls-borne as long as quality doesn't drop off. Keep it coming guys.

MrHoot

Still the same feeling.

I don't believe in the A/B Team nonsense at all. They litterally just released BB (with he help of japan studio mind you) AND the Scholar of the First sin remake AND are working still on a bloodborne DLC..and they plan on releasing a DaS3 early 2016 ?

Ubisoft manages to fuck up annual releases with 5 times From's workforce. I'm really hoping they're not doing this out of popularity or just to please the "I WANT MORE NOW" fans. If it's good tho, good for them. But in the current industry climate, annual releases rarely turn out good

convo

I do hope Atlus can somehow generate even a fraction of Froms productivity on new consoles once Persona 5 comes out.

Ferr986

If King's Field is any parallel, this might be good, but we're also entering new territory.

- King's Field/Demon's Souls laid a basic foundation of their gameplay systems and core ideas

- King's Field II/Dark Souls greatly expanded on these and introduced a fully interconnected world

- King's Field III/Dark Souls II seemed like major step backs from the previous games in lore, in scope, and especially in level design

- King's Field IV/Bloodborne change enough of that there is a breath of fresh air in a formula well established at the point of their releases

Very interesting to see what happens now. Currently playing Scholar of the First Sin right now (thank god for the durability patch...) and while the enemies in the core game are far more coherent and 'correct' in their placement, the level design still shows a true lack of intelligence. I am totally unversed in the expansion to the core game, so those complaints may not be valid there.

DLC areas are Dark 1 tier of quality. The vanilla areas are butchered by all the cuts the game suffered, but the DLC areas show a lot of promise.

Aikidoka

The only potential problem with Dark souls 3 coming out so quickly will be rushed elements in the game. Every Souls game (and BB) possess some mechanics or NPCs or whatever that feel gimped due to time. I wish that From would actually take the time to fully realize everything in a Souls game.

Edit: why are all of IGN's watermarks so bloody huge?

Don't get why all this info so close to E3? As usual no real surprises for E3.

Also early 2016 is too early for another souls game.

Lux R7

Aside from the different gloves, leggings, shoulder guards, helmet (which has tiny bunny ears at the back for those of you trying to forget that the guy is giving a thumbs-up), and chest piece, it sure is.

it's too similar to me. It's worn in the picture, but i think it could be it ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

hamchan

From Software is such a ridiculously productive developer of large amounts of Quality content. How do they do it?

I am ok with the annualization of Souls-borne as long as quality doesn't drop off. Keep it coming guys.

I do think From must be the most productive Japanese developer on consoles right now. Putting out these massive games yearly is very impressive.

It's kinda strange, DS2 was announced at the end of 2012 (TGS). Bloodborne was announced at E3 2014 and now DS3 will be announced in E3 as well, so that makes the release ~ 9-12 months after the announcement. Could it be because of Miyzaki?

Possibly, he could prefer a closer announcement/release schedule than the other head, but it also probably comes down to kadokawa.

Beautiful...seems like each game can focus on there strengths. With BB getting dlc and this next year, 2016 looks to be the official year we have an abundance of quality AAA to choose from. This E3 and next should be the truth.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It looks like a cobbled together expansion? how? where? Did I miss anything?
Things I learned in this thread:

- Miyazaki is not directing. Evidence: lack of Miyazaki mention by IGN.
- "B-team" is involved and that's a bad thing because reasons. Evidence: tales from my ass.
- Looks liked a "cobbled together expansion". Evidence: a few leaked, early screenshots that actually don't look like any past Dark Souls environment at all.
- Annualized AssCreed fatigue. Evidence: Dark Souls III comes out 2 years after Dark Souls II and that's, like, a bad thing, regardless of Dark Souls III's final quality.

Any other hasty conclusion based on pure speculation I may have missed? :D

Top Bottom