• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dark Soul 3 confirmed real by leaked promo art - Early 2016

EeL1Wkt.png

Moofers

So what else got announced today?

- Mirrors Edge
- Xbone half-assed price cut
- Dark Souls 3

Anything else? The way people are talking I feel like I've missed something.

OMGWTFBBQHAMSTERDANCE !
giphy.gif

Early 2016 !!! Cannot wait. In the meanwhile, we'll be playing the Bloodborne DLC... So all's good for a souls fanboy !

Defunkled

I hope this franchise doesn't become Armored Core 2.0. The annualization of those games really ramped up series fatigue and I don't want the same thing to happen to the Souls games.

Give it some breathing room!

Miyazaki is working on this game my arse then, unless From cloned him he is going to have little input in this game. I think he's going to become a lot like Miyamoto from now on, not actually fully directing games anymore but just providing his input here and then.

Mandelbo

Oh, also, I hope the first trailer we see of this isn't completely CGI like the first DS2 trailer was, or at least that we'll see gameplay immediately afterwards. I really quite like to see how this looks in motion.

Yeah really. It both feels like the year with the most leaks and least leaks somehow.
Yeah, but it happens every year. It makes sense.
A lot of games are getting burried after all these Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Fallout, Uncharted, Halo, etc. announcements during the Press Conferences.
So they reveal/announce their games a week earlier.
It's clever actually.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
NOT THAT I DOUBTED, BUT FUCK YES THE LEAK IS REEAAAL

That armour set is fucking baller too.

Im starting to wonder how early BB was actually finished for From and Miyazaki(its been stated mulitple times by multiple insiders that Big M is working on this and BB expansion) to get out Ds3 so fast.

Also those comparison screens of the armors solidifies in my mind that theyre using the Ds1/BB variant of their engine instead of the Ds2 version.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Miyazaki is working on this game my arse then, unless From cloned him he is going to have little input in this game. I think he's going to become a lot like Miyamoto from now on, not actually fully directing games anymore but just providing his input here and then.

Miyazaki, a berserk fan...

he's clearly working on this game.

Rymuth

So what else got announced today?

- Mirrors Edge
- Xbone half-assed price cut
- Dark Souls 3

Anything else? The way people are talking I feel like I've missed something.
Halo 5 Blue Team + DLC
BLOPS 3 crossgen
The Last Guardian(?)
Lego Avengers
Sonic Boom Boom

There are also some rumblings from Platinum and Retro

Dr. Buni

I like that the character in the promo art is more gender neutral this time. My biggest beef with Dark Souls II was how the promo/box art character was clearly a beefy dude.

Also, I get why some people are complaining about the series being annualized, but as someone who doesn't have a PS4 and plays only on PC/Wii U, the last Souls game was released in 2014 (technically it was since Bloodborne isn't a Souls game anyways). So I am happy with this announcement.

Auctopus

Remember when that Gaffer said "If you're a FROM fan, PS4 is going to be the place to be this gen."

Can you imagine the salty meltdown if this was a PS4 exclusive?

Top Bottom