• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Resident Evil HD Remaster - Black Dragon vs reREmake

Hugstable

Banned
Oh my god, he just needs to restart the game, that Cerberus is gonna haunt him forever.

Also a bit off topic, but considering there are probably alot of Survival Horror/ REmake/Mikami fans up in here, how is The Evil Within? I'm already finished with like my 4th playthrough of REmake (finally got a sub 3-hour gametime on normal, had 2 hours and 58 minutes haha) and really need a taste of some more awesome horror games. I still haven't played RE2 or RE3 yet and I was gonna start those right up on my Vita, but I just found out that my brother accidently took my charging cable when he was up at my house last weekend so I probably won't be able to play on my Vita til next weekend now :(.

Also a bit off topic, but considering there are probably alot of Survival Horror/ REmake/Mikami fans up in here, how is The Evil Within?

it's fucking amazing. just be open-minded for the combat, it's a completely different approach and you just have to give it time and learn it. kind of like every mikami game really, hehe. figure out how to play the game and it's the best thing ever. mikami :bow

3dmodeler

It might be the nostalgia goggles but I'm looking at this stream and the game looks fucking good. I'm incredibly surprised it holds up this well. It even looks like it has normal maps. Did capcom just redo all the assets or what?

It might be the nostalgia goggles but I'm looking at this stream and the game looks fucking good. I'm incredibly surprised it holds up this well. It even looks like it has normal maps. Did capcom just redo all the assets or what?

I beat it for the first time ever laat week - can confirm that the game still holds up. Fucking masterful level design.

Tendo

Replayed the GC versions of RE2 and 3 last year - Still a blast to play and they don't even have updated models like this one.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh my god, he just needs to restart the game, that Cerberus is gonna haunt him forever.

Also a bit off topic, but considering there are probably alot of Survival Horror/ REmake/Mikami fans up in here, how is The Evil Within? I'm already finished with like my 4th playthrough of REmake (finally got a sub 3-hour gametime on normal, had 2 hours and 58 minutes haha) and really need a taste of some more awesome horror games. I still haven't played RE2 or RE3 yet and I was gonna start those right up on my Vita, but I just found out that my brother accidently took my charging cable when he was up at my house last weekend so I probably won't be able to play on my Vita til next weekend now :(.

1st Chapter is terribad and make a very poor impression but 2 through 9 are basically going through RE4 with a lot more emphasis on conserving ammo and limited supplies. A whole lot scarier and darker too. Then Chapter 9 is essentially revisting REmake. I love a lot of the rest but it gets a tad actiony near the end, but nothing like RE5/6.

-MD-

1st Chapter is terribad and make a very poor impression but

I don't know why people say this, is it the 5 minutes of limping? The chapter goes by quickly and is there as a way to introduce the tripwire, stealth, throwing, & hiding mechanics as well as set up the game.

I thought it was great. It only becomes "bad" on repeat playthroughs.

RagnarokX

I want to see him play Tomb Raider 3 on PS1. The save crystals will destroy him :D

Getting hungry, Jeff? How about a Jill sandwich?

RagnarokX

As iconic as "You were almost a Jill sandwich!" is you'd think they'd have left that line alone. It's not even bad like "master of unlocking."

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lmao, those dogs almost got him.

Someone's gotta tell him to never enter windowed rooms from certain directions, lol.

As iconic as "You were almost a Jill sandwich!" is you'd think they'd have left that line alone. It's not even bad like "master of unlocking."

I was wondering if I had misheard this, sad that they changed it.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Great first run, Jeff. This is going to be a lot of fun to follow.

By the way, if you would like to save some time there's a mod that will skip the door transitions in between rooms.

I'm actually pretty impressed. He started off knowing nothing about the game or controls and he ended up playing...well...still in a noobish way, but much better than when he started. He'll be a pro at it in no time.

Resident Evil w/ Jeff did not disappoint!

I'm a little bummed he went with new controls, but maybe tank controls are a hard as hell thing to learn in the age of modern games.

Glad to see things coming together in Jeff's head. Can't wait to see what happens next.

RagnarokX

I'm actually pretty impressed. He started off knowing nothing about the game or controls and he ended up playing...well...still in a noobish way, but much better than when he started. He'll be a pro at it in no time.

Well, technically he still knows nothing about the controls since he chose the 2D controls. Frustration at every camera angle transition for all! :p

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm a little bummed he went with new controls, but maybe tank controls are a hard as hell thing to learn in the age of modern games.

I hope that he will give the original controls another shot after he's more comfortable with the game. The alternate controls aren't a huge deal now but I see them making the game very easy for Jeff later on.

I loved the part where he turned away from the zombie to run away. Then turned back toward it. Then turned away but it was too late and got bit from behind.

Oh wait, that happened more than once.

Jeff, OG controls make the camera changes more managable. Pressing forward using OG controls moves Jill forward from her perspective. Thus, when the camera changes and you are moving her forward (pressing up), she keeps moving forward. This is the advantage of the old controls. It takes about 10 - 15 minutes to get used to it, but once you do it's totally managable. You may prefer the alternate controls, but be aware that if the camera switching perspective really annoys you there is a way to deal with it.

Cartman86

Banned
That was pretty great. Every problem I imagined a new person experiencing this would have happened. Tank controls existed for a reason. They really are the only way to control in a pre-rendered environment.

Top Bottom