• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkas

PDP, JonTron, H3H3, etc are all close to Sargon of Akkad. I wouldn't put it past one of them speaking up.

Yeah gotta defend him quickly to get fresh hot views.

Then you got celebs who will make videos backstabbing celebs who they were friends with at once point after an event for views as well.

It's like some nerdy internet version of Game of Thrones.

Just finished watching the Destiny video, hilarious and sad. Good thing I was never a fan of his, only knew him from Game Grumps which I never watched.

They already had a thread on how "based" he is (hilarious how neo nazis love that term, created by a black rapper)

Don't forget their beloved 'redpilled', taken from a movie created by 2 transgendered women.

Mahonay

Banned
When you say wrong...do you mean morally wrong, or that the other side will win? I ask becuse...look who is the president of the USA. Seems like that "fuck everyone who isn't white" crowd is winning...at least for now.
The Trump supporters are the minority in this country and won the election primarily because of a broken election process (and other people not fucking voting).

We'll move past Trump to better things. And all of the hardliner racists, homophobes, and sexists have kindly exposed themselves during this era of awfulness for future reference.

Beerculies

Neo Member
What? No. Ignoring racists allows their hate to spread. Social ostracism works, look at smoking. Racism and general hatred should be like smoking. Do it in your filthy disgusting, piss-coated house if you must, but if you do it in public don't cry like a bitch when everyone tells you off for being a shitstain.

Personalities should try not being disgusting human beings if they're tired of getting blowbacks. I've been on youtube for 7 years. I haven't advocated against women, black people etc. Seems pretty possible to do that and not be a disgusting excuse for a human being.

how so? If someone is shouting at the mountain top and everyone ignores them then the message cant be spread, if anything the message is more spread now, and people with similar beliefs are rallying behind the cause because people raised a stink about some guy in new york having a differing opinion on immigration. Just because some people have a larger mountain doesn't mean there opinion is more important.

Mahonay

Banned
Between this and Colin getting blasted for joking about woman's day, i think we all need to take a step back and stop taking political advice from personalities on youtube. I respect Jon as a creator and he is entitled to his opinion and it can be what ever he wants it to be and he is in no state to change any policy based of that opinion. I feel like the energy people use to get upset at entertainers needs to be focused more on the people making the decisions.
Lol what a garbage opinion.

Plasmid

Fighting for white nationalism, oh boy there's a fight you'll definitely win.

Garbage, i liked his earlier videos, but i'm glad i don't keep up with him now. Will be interesting to see how H3H3 discusses this (if at all).

The very reason why racism is stupid is because it's based on things that don't exist.

Yes it's entirely stupid as skin color is an evolutionary adoption. It's arbitrary wjen discussing people as a whole.

Stop using a concept that's not real and only used for oppressive purposes would be a good start. Or are you going to tell me that there's some value in it?

What actually purpose is there in ignoring a concept that has societal implications? This whole ignore it and it will go away shit is not real. As is race has an identifiable impact on my life. What fucking point is there in pretending modern society has not assigned value and made actual tangible decisions based off this concept.

Jebusman

Banned
he is entitled to his opinion

When your opinion is that certain races don't belong in your country because they'll dilute the purity of your gene pool then no, he really isn't entitled to his opinion without being blasted about it every day of his fucking life.

Nasbin

This is like checking in on facebook and finding out your old friend from high school is now some shithead Trump supporter who posts garbage about the SJW menace on the daily. Sad.

The Big N

Banned
How the flying fuck did you watch that video and not think Jontron is racist? He said wealthy black people commit more crimes than poor white people without anything to back it up. He said "genetics" should be a factor in which people we let into the country. That's blatantly fucking racist, you disingenuous junior.
I missed the part where I gave my opinion on what Jon said. I'm generalizing with how people in America view other's opinions on politics.

Yamibito

The very reason why racism is stupid is because it's based on things that don't exist.
Stop using a concept that's not real and only used for oppressive purposes would be a good start. Or are you going to tell me that there's some value in it?

It's easy to say that when it doesn't impact your life, right?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
people raised a stink about some guy in new york having a differing opinion on immigration.

You can't be fucking serious with this? I hope to hell you just haven't read the thread because trying to reduce these dehumanising statements to 'a differing opinion on immigration' is completey fucked up

Savitar

how so? If someone is shouting at the mountain top and everyone ignores them then the message cant be spread, if anything the message is more spread now, and people with similar beliefs are rallying behind the cause because people raised a stink about some guy in new york having a differing opinion on immigration. Just because some people have a larger mountain doesn't mean there opinion is more important.

You are of the worse opinions, tolerate racism and bigotry? That's all you are saying.

No, those are wrong, he is wrong for saying it and your shit opinion is definitely wrong.

Abelard

The more I watch, the more I get second hand embarrassment. I almost feel bad about how poor Jon's "debate" is, but the content of the debate makes me not so.

Why is this a bashing thread? He makes some valid points.

GfyB5pl.png

"Diluting the gene poll..."

So immigrants now have undesirable traits on the genetic level? Why, because they are now sub-human compared to the white supremacists? What in the actual f**k?

Between this and Colin getting blasted for joking about woman's day, i think we all need to take a step back and stop taking political advice from personalities on youtube. I respect Jon as a creator and he is entitled to his opinion and it can be what ever he wants it to be and he is in no state to change any policy based of that opinion. I feel like the energy people use to get upset at entertainers needs to be focused more on the people making the decisions.

No, fuck downplaying racism and xenophobia as "well, it's just his opinion."

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
You are spreading awareness of a youtuber. That's going to lead back to him, i.e. ad revenue.

I'm honestly struggling to think of any occasion where a gif has lead me to a content creator. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it's pretty tenuous to assume that it would and therefore using gifs of him is actively supporting him.

No, fuck downplaying racism and xenophobia as "well, it's just his opinion."

I mean, racism and xenophobia are points of view by definitions - opinions. There's no getting around that.

Nabbis

What actually purpose is there in ignoring a concept that has societal implications? This whole ignore it and it will go away shit is not real. As is race has an identifiable impact on my life. What fucking point is there in pretending modern society has not assigned value and made actual tangible decisions based off this concept.

Not using it and not labeling yourself by it does not mean ignoring it. I don't think it's hard to understand that you can both combat racism and take away it's legitimacy by placing the concept it is based on as fiction.

It's easy to say that when it doesn't impact your life, right?

Race? No. Racism on the other hand does. Now fuck off with that presumption.

ridianfable

Neo Member
It was infuriating to hear him say Black people commit more crimes then poor whites, and then try to say that Africa and other places with black populations have a lot of crime, and why is that. He was basically trying to say that because people are black they are more likely to commit criminal acts like it's in our fucking DNA or some shit.

There is an alarming new trend of trying to place African Americans into the same category as immigrants over the last couple months. I'm sure there's something to that and it's probably not anything positive.

RedFury

It makes no logical sense obviously but is it or is it not an idenfiable concept?

I obviously get the idea of it being both a social construct and an evolutionary adoption. But to deny that in modern society we have defined a concept of race (even if its loose) is just naive. Like I can run around and say I'k white and race doesnt exist all I want but that doesn't make it so in all actuallity. So the semantics game is pointless.
Hehe I was agreeing with you that it is.

We are not talking about a random dude shouting in the street or whatever. This guy has a platform with over 3 million followers on Youtube, 1.7 million on Twitter. Sure, if all those people unfollow him, he can shout at himself with his terrible views. But he is not, he is putting it out there for millions to see.

Why is this a bashing thread? He makes some valid points.
He is literally saying that non-whites have lesser genetics and that is threatening to white culture. So... if there is anything valid about that, be my guest and point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom