• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeblue

Super bummed out that JonTron turned out to be such a selfish, compassionless individual. I really liked his videos at one point.

Maybe he'll develop some empathy when he finds out that his complexion won't compensate for his last name if his views are ever taken to their natural conclusion.

Cormano

Wtf happened to him... i used to like some of his old content... i hope he loses some followers because of this, but again im sure a lot of teenagers that dont care about politics follow him.

Apdiddy

I used to like JonTron because I thought he has a genuine singing talent.

But hearing his opinions and it turns out he is a white supremacist/white nationalist...no thanks.

He should go back to singing and doing funny videos.

Fuck you, JonTron.

I used to like JonTron because I thought he has a genuine singing talent.

But hearing his opinions and it turns out he is a white supremacist/white nationalist...no thanks.

He should go back to singing and doing funny videos.

He can make a straight-faced Springtime for Hitler play and star in it too.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
There were people who saw this and still gave him any benefit of doubt?

Things got even more curious when he split from GameGrumps and quite a lot of people pointed the blame at Arin's girlfriend Suzy. Leaks however suggested it was because Jon was just terrible to her but people wouldn't hear that about their beloved JonTron. "An angel because he's socially awkward and likes the same videogames as us!"

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've only watched a few of his videos, but I enjoyed his content, so this is really depressing to read about. Glad I know about it now, though. I had no idea about any of this shit that went on with him in the past.

I was secretly hoping that Jon Tron would get cast in a remake of the movie Mouse Hunt. He always reminded me of Nathan Lane. I really don't have anything else constructive to say beyond that.

What a scumbag.

Makes me wonder how many gaming 'personalities' are actually racist bigot scum.

TheBitBlock's a big one

4AO90uC.png

rM8h7rp.png

Mask

Yeah, unsubscribed from him a while back and it's just been more and more clear that he's gone off the deep end.

Shame, liked his solo videos, but ain't supporting this kinda crazy.

There were people who saw this and still gave him any benefit of doubt?

Not long before (or after?) this part there are 2 black NPCs walking around and Jon says "Look at these Blacks"

Being offensive was like, part of his shtick or something, but its taken a whole new light recently

Interesting how so many of these new age gaming personalities are complete garbage human beings :thinking:

It's also interesting how gaming has such problems like gamergate and other hate groups. I wonder if there could be any connection :thinking:

But seriously, why do people give this clown attention? I can maybe understand when he was part of gamegrumps but that was a while ago. He's a loser who literally goes out of his way to lash out so he can troll can poke fun at people. Why would you take his bait or give a shit what he thinks about literally anything?

What video???

Don't you take Dunkey from me too! I'll have no one left to watch on YouTube.

i hope he is okay, one of his good friends is literally a gay black guy so he'd more likely have a more informed perspective

also, remember that time s̶k̶y̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶d̶u̶b̶b̶z̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶w̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ dunkey beat sky in smash?

Honestly I swear you guys give these people hits and clicks and a larger profile with this. This was a no-name I had never read about before this. But now I know there is some guy named 'JonTron. He is a random YouTuber who is saying dumb shit on twitter. Fuck him and move on. They use the outrage of their inflammatory statements to become more famous. For them, any publicity is good publicity...

No. This motherfuck has over a million followers on Twitter. He already has a huge audience and this thread isn;t going to really change that. Scum like this grows in the shadows and dies in the light. We need to be talking about this shit as often as possible. Ignoring hate and assuming that it will all work itself out is not the play here. Culture is shifting right now. The Alt Right is a real and organized thing that is attempting to subvert the Enlightenment and roll back the last 300 years of social thought.

Big One

Banned
None of this is a surprise to me in a slightest. The video game fandom and the alt-right movement have the absolute biggest overlap I've seen in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom