• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

sephi22

Looks like someone needs a Snicker. Apparently he's an asp hat when he's hungry.

Seriously, what makes him think this is a good idea to be a bottom dwelling troll on Twitter like that? Or is it an inside joke that no one gets?

I'm playing Devil's advocate here. It is a (terrible) in-joke that Jim is playing with his followers by tweeting 'fuckpuff' to as many corporations as he can.

He probably didn't think Yosp would notice it and this makes it pretty awkward.

I hope Jim pops in and explains here.

Showaddy

So much stuff to get through....

The thing with KZ is that people look at the name and then don't give it a chance

How many people where shocked about the explosion gif and even more shocked when we said it was from KZ.... Heck some people don't even know KZ is in a SciFi setting and a lot if people ignorantly judge it as a COD game

Look at how many people watched the Story Trailer.... Even if GG would make a 10/10 story in SF a lot of individuals won't give it a chance ignorantly shoving it as another shooter with corridor shooting yet if they watched the latest SP gameplay they would know that it is not the case

Eh what? Shadowfall's pre-orders are right up there with Ghosts and Battlefield 4, it's going to sell great.

Oh and just a side note but ... Killzone has jumped like 40 spots to #14 on the Amazon best sellers list. The battlefield 4 PS4 bundle is #1.

Dat hype train, it never stops.

Also pretty telling, the X1 CoD game is nowhere to be found ( sorry, found it at #41 ), the PS4 CoD : Ghosts is #19. How about that for a wicked change this next-generation. CoD selling better on a Playstation platform then Xbox? Atleast pre-order wise.

The thing that is most shocking to me about Shadow Fall isn't the visuals (as impressive as they are) but rather that the game seems to have the makings of a genuinely good story. Outside of Halo and Half Life that's a real rarity for the FPS genre.

it's a joke lol

Yeah I don't think anyone should be getting upset about it. Though none of the fuckpuff stuff is really that funny. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the in joke, but most of the tweets just come across as the humour of a prepubescent boy who's just learnt to swear.

image_killzone_shadow_fall-23537-2660_0005.jpg

Kane1345

Jim Sterling ‏@JimSterling 2m
Well played. RT @StevenTerHeide1: I haven't until you brought it up. I value your input. Will make it part of a season pass though

Lol nice reply from Steven xD

Seanspeed

Banned
Gorgeous. Gameplay doesn't interest me at all and I probably wouldn't buy it, but still, definitely the best looking next-gen game and possibly the best looking game period at the moment. Does the PS4 have a screenshot function? It'd be a travesty if it didn't.

I'm gonna go in blind as possible, I'm trying very hard not to break down and watch these! I've seen a couple of screenshots around the place and it looks flipping gorgeous. And not only that, they actually (and this is important for next gen to really make its mark) improved the level design/gameplay opportunities immensely.

Excite, this will be the first thing inside my PS4

jet1911

Gorgeous. Gameplay doesn't interest me at all and I probably wouldn't buy it, but still, definitely the best looking next-gen game and possibly the best looking game period at the moment. Does the PS4 have a screenshot function? It'd be a travesty if it didn't.

Dat Share button.

Kane1345

Hold down the share button for a screenshot

flying dutchman

Neo Member
Wow, just wow. Sony has crafted one hell of a powerful console,. Looking at KZ it stands alongside the latest PC games and it looks as good as any of them, much tomthe annoyance of a few PC fanboys lol.
But Sony has been smart in keeping its internal development houses instead of just relying of paying for third party exclusive content.

jett

D-Member
Those graphics in multiplayer at 1080p@60fps are pretty unbelievable. SP also looks nice, this kind of "wide linear" design is undoubtedly much better that a straight up corridor turkey shoot.

Dinjooh

That dedicated hardware.

EFMIVgA.jpg

Mokubba

share-stuff.jpg

Are these some of the first PS4 direct captures we've seen? They look gorgeous! Well done Guerrilla.

It'd be good to see some single player/multiplayer comparisons to see what effects they had to dial down to get it to run at 60fps.

We need some BF4 direct captures on PS4 soon.

Empty

the art design and image quality is so nice. i was a bit miffed that they lost the unique grimyness of killzone 2 at the playstation meeting unveiling but the combination of the environmental design and the incredibly clean picture really seems to put you in a plausible and amazing looking futuristic city. love it.

the open level design is exciting too. i thought that would be just a sidenote, something for one level or a small thing like stealth in uncharted 2, but it seems to be a core design approach.

Top Bottom