• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Rozart

I've never been excited for a Killzone game (or FPSes in general) but my goodness. This game is beautiful. And surprisingly, colourful and vibrant.

Who's a beautiful game? You are beautiful game, KZ:SF. Yes, you are.

Hm, I think it doesnt look any better than crysis 3. Also, what about that bloom and godrays everywhere outside Oo

But overall, the graphic seems good - but killzones problem was never the graphic...

VanWinkle

This game looks INCREDIBLE! This footage is way nicer than the INSANELY compressed and limited GTTV footage.

MIGHT be the best looking FPS ever (certainly on consoles but I mean overall). I would say easy contender.

Another best thing about this is we can create those shots ourselves!

Heck even videos.

Yup. I'm going to take screenshots like MAD.

I can't wait!

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Hmm, the only thing I could see that seemed a bit off is the NPC on the right side, he reminded me of, well:
cdI5fK4.jpg
lol that was clever. But in all seriousness, does this game have an af problem? Seems to be very low.
2351339-sp04_004.png

The dude you pointed out looks horrible. Like wallguy 2.0 horrible. Maybe texture load problem?

Robbok

I want this so badly
The 14 Days from US launch to EU launch will be a fucking hard Time for me. I´m so damn curious, i´ll better cut my internet. :(

Kane1345

ibbBLqN4osaNUg.gif

This one is ridiculous. This is probably the best looking game I've ever seen and its a launch title...the mind boggles

The screenshots....those GIFs...dat footage....

I will do nasty things you to baby at launch. Nasty, nasty things. Come to daddy.

I wasn't that interested in the zip line until I saw this clip.

i03rlxKGVx11F.gif

The idea of gliding across a bottomless pit chasm just looks awesome.

I just wish they got a little bit more imaginative when it came to the zipline. Its far into the freaking future. The owl seems more than capable of just "flying" u over instead of a rope.

Hm, I think it doesnt look any better than crysis 3. Also, what about that bloom and godrays everywhere outside Oo

But overall, the graphic seems good - but killzones problem was never the graphic...

the gameplay is even more of a departure than past series. multiple way to finish objective, big open area, branching paths, there are vents you can enter for a more stealth approach. you have can climb, OWL giving you lots of ability like zipline, turret, shield, you can enter slow mo by using your health pack, you can also throw knives at enemy.

from the gamereactor interview, the only thing similar with past killzone is gonna be the feel of shooting according to GG,

wapplew

I want this so badly
The 14 Days from US launch to EU launch will be a fucking hard Time for me. I´m so damn curious, i´ll better cut my internet. :(

Hey, you are lucky with just 2 week wait, Asia have to wait a month, Japan need to wait 3-4 months. I'll be watching all those multiplayer stream on my Vita and die in jealousy.

Game looks incredible. I'm just worried about the multiplayer aspect of it. I hope it's not another CoD. Hopefully it's a mix of Halo matchmaking/ranking with CS type game mechanics. That would be perfect IMO :)

There's no XP in multiplayer, so it should be different. It's challenge based.
Think Wipeout 2048 but as a FPS.

The screenshots....those GIFs...dat footage....

I will do nasty things you to baby at launch. Nasty, nasty things. Come to daddy.

GAF Multiplayer Orgy... I mean party!!!

I want this so badly
I'm not saying I didn't purposely schedule my overseas holiday for right around the US launch to keep my mind off the two week wait for the EU launch... but I'm not not saying that, lol

Kyoufu

This game just looks ridiculous. A launch game looking this good... I can't imagine what the games will look like a couple of years down the line.

I haven't played C3/KZ3 but I liked C2 better than KZ2. So to me it's a good thing that KZSF resembles Crysis 2 more than it does previous Killzones. :p

I really disliked C2 (except for its gun mechanics being much better than C1). But it is good that you appreciated C2 as at least being special amonfst most non-openned FPS design (KZ2).

I think you would actually like C3 a lot. I found it quite the step up from C2 but still missing that freedom, Ai direction, level design ambition that made Crysis 1 an instant classic.

I just wish they got a little bit more imaginative when it came to the zipline. Its far into the freaking future. The owl seems more than capable of just "flying" u over instead of a rope.

I like it. It would be fairly dull if it was restricted to pre set situations like the "you can only jump under these circumstances" thing in the new Thief game. But you can do it anywhere which just gives you so many options when traversing a level. I wouldn't be surprised if collectibles/secrets are hidden away in areas only reachable with the zip line, just like you had to use rope arrows to get secrets in Dark Messiah.

Today's been a great day for stroking the hype section of my brain

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not watching the footage since I want to go in relatively fresh but damn those screens and gifs look good. The amount of unique detail is impressive, especially considering how high res everything is.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want this so badly

the first 7 days will be ok. Impressions on which games are good (so we have time to get preorders in), which are bad (so we can cancel them).

The second 7 days, when GAF is down because the Xbox is out and everything is war will the the most difficult.

also be careful about comments and articles espiecally on the Gamespot page

something VERY BIG and MAJOR

didn't read the comments but if we're talking about the same thing, is it not conjecture from gamespot as opposed to confirmation? no other article has mentioned it and they all played the same two chapters.

for multiplayer.

I really disliked C2 (except for its gun mechanics being much better than C1). But it is good that you appreciated C2 as at least being special amonfst most non-openned FPS design (KZ2).

I think you would actually like C3 a lot. I found it quite the step up from C2 but still missing that freedom, Ai direction, level design ambition that made Crysis 1 an instant classic.

You know what's funny is I really enjoyed C2 but C3 was such a drag to me. I know story isn't everything but I really did loathe it and the game became such a slog. Plus I really didn't like the final boss battle

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You know what's funny is I really enjoyed C2 but C3 was such a drag to me. I know story isn't everything but I really did loathe it and the game became such a slog. Plus I really didn't like the final boss battle

I love Crysis 2. My favorite FPS this gen and I hated Crysis 3. 2 actually had some excellent encounter designs but 3 was just trying to focus on making areas larger but didn't actually populate them in a meaningful way.

Best news out of everything is that the SP framerate is 30-45 variable. So the standard framerate will be 45fps, with it dropping down to 30fps during high action sequences but no lower. Which means it will be smooth throughout.

I like that. Alot.

The game is definitely the best looking next-gen console game I've seen yet. Lots of color, very good level design, cool weapons, and incredible atmosphere. However, it's not perfect. There are just a few things that bug me about the game. The aliasing, slow framerate in some areas (definitely dropping below 30FPS in wide-open areas), inconsistent models, and that easy slow-motion ability all stand out as annoying to me.

Overall though, definitely my first PS4 game on Nov15th!

Top Bottom