• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

StuBurns

Banned
"Whether in its single player or online, you'll notice clean, pretty graphics that run at or near 60fps."

IGN. IGN pls. Spreading falsehoods smh.
What do you want? Competent, or even informed reporting? That's some water from a stone shit.

Vire

"Whether in its single player or online, you'll notice clean, pretty graphics that run at or near 60fps."

IGN. IGN pls. Spreading falsehoods smh.

It's Colin Moriarty what did you expect... he's just as bad as Ryan McCaffrey when it comes to exclusives.

I think the ability to see through walls in this game looks really UGLY! I hope there is a mode where we can play through with this dumb feature disabled.

You don't need to disable it as such - if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. As for the dumb comment, I think until you've played the game it's very difficult to assess whether a particular gameplay idea is dumb or helpful. You are jumping the gun way too early here given that we don't know how much of the game we'll have it for and whether it makes the game more or less enjoyable. Still, if you think you won't need it, don't use it. No different than the listening mode in TLOU which got exactly the same kind of comment and turned out just fine - better than fine in fact.

Gurish

Fuck this game looks stunning!

I will ask it here because in the other thread nobody knew:

If I'm buying this game digitally from the US PSN store will it 100% work on my European PS4 (on my American account)?

I know the PS4 is region free on physical copies but is it true as well on Digital?

Thanks guys!

That IQ is bananas.

2351335-mp08_5.png

velociraptor

You don't need to disable it as such - if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. As for the dumb comment, I think until you've played the game it's very difficult to assess whether a particular gameplay idea is dumb or helpful. You are jumping the gun way too early here given that we don't know how much of the game we'll have it for and whether it makes the game more or less enjoyable. Still, if you think you won't need it, don't use it. No different than the listening mode in TLOU which got exactly the same kind of comment and turned out just fine - better than fine in fact.
I didn't use listen mode while playing the TLOU during the entire playthrough. However, in the context of Killzone's story, I guess it does make some sense to have a special forces lonewolf take on an entire army to be packed with some gadgets.

Eliciel

Day 1

iTHlnQPcodebm.gif

Are those blood splashes landing on a create behind him, covering it with fresh blood which properly reflects light? Oh my god.

omfg this is crazy. I played BF 3 yesterday maxed out. This game right here looks phenomenal o_O

However, in the context of Killzone's story, I guess it does make some sense to have a special forces lonewolf take on an entire army to be packed with some gadgets.

Agree, I didn't play the previous games but I think the OWL looks like a terrific design decision. Seems intuitive, brings a lot of variation to combat and traversal, but not too overpowered. Everything from these previews and they way the talk about it seems like they're really on point with everything. If the pacing is good and they handle the story competently I think this could be a terrific experience. The TGS playthrough was so fucking intense too. And the variation in location and setting makes me happy. Visually this is just incredible, certainly for a console launch.

Steroyd

I used to think that waiting 2 weeks after the US launch would be a breeze after normally waiting months.

But the fact that it's so tantalizingly close after the US launch makes the wait more unbearable in comparison. ;_;

Eusis

Because some people happen to like the Killzone series and some people happen to hate it
Admittedly this was more when all we had was the first game (and a very different PSP spin-off) and when I mostly saw Killzone 1 regarded as being fairly middling, good but not great and not looking particularly remarkable. Seeing people get REALLY hyped for 2 just baffled the hell out of me, but 2 had a great reception so I must've just missed something (well, other than graphics because that's pretty cut and dry) and wouldn't really doubt it again.

Man that scene just looks so alive

Yeah, love it!

this will be my first game on PS4

i made these from the Story trailer but didn't post them before , Love the lighting here with all the effects

iWVRquIwwEZwg.gif

iPODajhHayT1N.gif

Great job on your gifs. :) So many of the screens/gifs have such great atmosphere. Love that second one especially, the lighting, the effects and shadows, so good.

Wow.

Holy crap Kinan, nice catch.

Can't wait and I generally prefer other types of games than FPS, so this is also making me excited to see Sony's first party devs take these crazy graphics into other genres too, and also just imagining what GG's new IP is going to look like is crazy.

kpaadet

Wow the new footage looks great.

I've only played KZ:Mercenary on Vita, but seriously.. this needs to be clarified:

Planet Helghan, Helghan Empire.
The people however are called Helghast!

You should read the lore behind Killzone, quite good actually. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517012)

Here is the reason behind using Helghast:
"Visari coins the term Helghast in a public speech. Its purported origin is from the Old English word, gast, meaning spirit, or ghost, connoting great fear. Visari states that they are no longer what they once were. Where they were once human and spiritless, their generations of Helghan, their sufferings; these have forged them into a new race, the only truly "living" race. Whatever the etymology, the name sticks."

Thanks to the increased precision of DualShock 4 and the crisp 1080p graphics and great framerate, Guerrilla have opted to not included any automated "aim assist" in Shadow Fall. It's hard to notice as I don't think I've ever been as accurate with my shots as during my two hours in Warzone. The controlls are brilliant, and DualShock 4 is a massive improvement on its predecessor.

Oh man so awesome

Acheteedo

February bullshot vs actual gameplay cap.

rzvjM2i.jpg

killzone_965714b.jpg

Different colours and now the floor is destroyed.

These show you that the Feb shots are indeed bullshots, if you zoom in you can't find jaggies on the Feb build, but they're clearly present in the new build. Question is, how visible will they be while playing at normal distance?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
verdict: It was in-game material. Because it is looking on par, if not even better. Matter of taste I guess I personally like it more now
Obviously image quality was never going to be as clean as the February shot but it's still disappointing to see.

Vire

I wasn't that interested in the zip line until I saw this clip.

i03rlxKGVx11F.gif

The idea of gliding across a bottomless pit chasm just looks awesome.

Ploid 3.0

ibbBLqN4osaNUg.gif

As a person that play skyrim modded with enb, and custom armor and weapons... OMG. I can't wait for skyrim next gen and a better PC. This game looks like it's running so smooth. Maaaaaan!

Loris146

These show you that the Feb shots are indeed bullshots, if you zoom in you can't find jaggies on the Feb build, but they're clearly present in the new build. Question is, how visible will they be while playing at normal distance?

The real IQ is very good anyway. One of the best out there.

ryanmac

Banned
I'm trying not to get sucked into the "omg this looks great so it must be a great game".

With that said -- what else will I be playing? Assassins Creed IV?

I will buy this.

kpaadet

I wasn't that interested in the zip line until I saw this clip.

i03rlxKGVx11F.gif

The idea of gliding across a bottomless pit chasm just looks awesome.

It think that looks awesome, the only thing I don't like is how he just grabs it with his hands. Kinda wished he had some kind of "futuristic sky hook" ala Bioshock Infinite, but its nitpicky stuff.

Vire

It think that looks awesome, the only thing I don't like is how he just grabs it with his hands. Kinda wished he had some kind of "futuristic sky hook" ala Bioshock Infinite, but its nitpicky stuff.

Well the gif is moving pretty fast, but the OWL actually shoots the rope out forward above him and then the player grabs onto it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I really cannot believe I will be playing this and BF4 on the same day in less than a month.

Never been more excited to get a console. (also the first time many of my friends are getting it day one too, they all got 360's much later than I did last gen)

Gaming bliss.

Question is, how visible will they be while playing at normal distance?
Hardly, except they will cause shimmering lines on buildings and stuff (curved and diagonal lines) . But i think the characters and guns will mostly look clean as fuck.
Sadly i see no use of that AA they have been working on with Sony.

velociraptor

Hardly, except they will cause shimmering lines on buildings and stuff (curved and diagonal lines) . But i think the characters and guns will mostly look clean as fuck.
Sadly i see no use of that AA they have been working on with Sony.

Is there any more information about this new AA method SCEWWS are working on?

Acheteedo

The gameplay videos look jaggy free. I just hope this game isn't using FXAA. It blurs the shit out of everything. Console games really need SMAA.

Gameplay videos always look jaggy free, or least more jaggy free than they are in reality. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

Top Bottom