• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Hmm, the only thing I could see that seemed a bit off is the NPC on the right side, he reminded me of, well:

cdI5fK4.jpg

I've seen that guy somewhere

I could never get into Crysis despite my owning and trying every game in the series. It always felt boring and sterile. To be fair however, I don't really care for that many FPSes. I really loved Deus Ex HR, Modern Warfare, Far Cry 3, Killzone 2 and Bioshock 1 and that's about it.

EagleEyes

Game looks absolutely amazing and this Killzone definitely looks more up my alley with the option to tackle objectives differently. Can't wait til Nov. 15th. :)

Marvel

could never
Cannot believe this is the game I will playing on the 29th of November... a game like this on LAUNCH?

Can usually expect to wait two to three years for this kinda shit on a new console.

This game is seemingly the rebirth of Killzone as a franchise. Before I always saw it as a generic grey-brown shooter but after witnessing the graphics, art-style, game-play and plot elements in Shadowfall I must say WOW! Killzone Bundle pre-ordered. This looks fantastic.

VanWinkle

Best news out of everything is that the SP framerate is 30-45 variable. So the standard framerate will be 45fps, with it dropping down to 30fps during high action sequences but no lower. Which means it will be smooth throughout.

I like that. Alot.

Where did you read/hear that

Jburton

Banned
Cannot believe this is the game I will playing on the 29th of November... a game like this on LAUNCH?

Can usually expect to wait two to three years for this kinda shit on a new console.

We need to get a PS4 Euro launch thread with a list of the PSN id's of all those who will be day one.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fuck, these graphics man. People are looking at this as just a good launch game but even if someone were to get a PS4 5 years from now this really seems like a game still worth playing at that point for the art direction alone.

Marvel

could never
We need to get a PS4 Euro launch thread with a list of the PSN id's of all those who will be day one.

danielbryanyes.gif.

I won't be able to add peeps until the the 29th though :( my PS3 is dead so I can't accept FR's 'till then. Fuck, gotta get some GAF together for this.

Good lord, this footage is amazing. I said "wow" at the blood splatter.

My PS4 is paid off at my local GameStop and I preordered Shadow Fall on PSN. I was going to skip the midnight launch and pick up my console in the morning. But now I'm going I'm going at midnight so I can start downloading this game ASAP!

Looks great in photos. Any reason why the story trailer had so much aliasing, though? If it looks like these screenshots in motion at launch I'll be hyped as shit.

ironcreed

Banned
Half-Life and Deus Ex type level design and Crysis-like gameplay structure? Killzone has evolved, son. Looks like an absolute beast.

reKon

Banned
For us getting this game and enjoying that share button might as well be called the SELL KILLZONE SHADOW FALL BUTTON. The other entries haven't been the best shooters, but they still deserve more sales for the quality that's put in and it's generally a fun game (MP in Killzone 2 and the campaign split-screen co-op on hard in KZ3). I would be happy to see this one generate massive sales as a launch title even with competition from CoD/BF4 because more people should be playing it and I want my friends to play with me as well. Therefore, you need spam people with gameplay video clips GAF. There's a dedicated button for it now!

So...who's down for a "The Official Killzone Shadow Fall Screenshot/Video Thread"? on the 15th?

I'm down but I think with the share button we should just make it a more general PS4 screenshot/video thread like the WiiU screen thread

Sony needs to add a gif option through a later update though

reKon

Banned
Half-Life and Deus Ex type level design and Crysis-like gameply structure? Killzone has evolved, son. Looks like an absolute beast.

If GG properly adds different amounts of recoil to each gun then I'll love this game because it will probably have better gunplay than Crysis. Kills in Killzone are usually more satisfying than most FPS's. I love how in multiplayer in the old Killzone's you could get a head shot and sometimes their helmet would pop right off depending on where they're shot from.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Seeing the vegetation, branching levels and zipline stuff, this honestly looks like a Halo CE-level experience for next-gen. It just seems so bizarrely beyond anything else showing up in the same timeframe.

Shame theres no way I can afford a PS4 at launch this year :(

Venturer

Dunno what to think of the gamereactor article as it says:
The singleplayer campaign of Killzone: Shadow Fall is rendered in a native 1920x1080p resolution with framerates ranging between 35 and 40 frames per second.

Compared with multiplayer:
The multiplayer is rendered in the same resolution with 60 frames per second as Guerrilla hope to compete with Call of Duty.

Wouldn't it be better to lock it to 30fps?

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/96034/A+new+Killzone+for+a+new+generation/

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, Ryse is gorgeous, but this game just pops like mad. The lighting, texture quality and overall image integrity is just so tight, crisp and clean. Combined with the vibrant color scheme, it really is just an in your face kind of pretty. It is immediately 'next-gen' looking upon first glance.

Dougald

Just caved and swapped my Amazon solus preorder for a Killzone one.

Wasn't going to get the title as I find Killzone a bit bland gameplay wise normally... But I just love the setting of the games, and this is really going to be the poster child for the early PS4 in terms of graphics.

Top Bottom