• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

They simply don't call Noctis and gang and let them know. The entire point is that Noctis is kept in the dark. No one calls him because that's the intention.

Still, the execution was bad. Figure it out in a newspaper, but please...your father's been killed and your home is occupied. Show that you at least care a little bit.

Maybe Noctis knows something we don't, but that doesn't excuse that scene. It's a bad first impression. At least JP voice acting shows a good bit of emotion.
When they're reading the news paper do we already know that they know his father is dead or are they just finding out the kingdom was taken over.

When they're reading the news paper do we already know that they know his father is dead or are they just finding out the kingdom was taken over.

We the audience, or as in, does Noctis know?

Because none of the crew knows. They find out in the paper, but question its accuracy because the paper also reports that Noctis is dead.

We the audience, or as in, does Noctis know?

Because none of the crew knows. They find out in the paper, but question its accuracy because the paper also reports that Noctis is dead.
I worded that Really freaking weird lol. Let me try again...

Are we sure they know at that point in time his father is dead? Or perhaps as you said they don't trust the accuracy of the news because it says both Noctis and Luna are dead as well

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Noctis and co. are going to learn about the narrative through the entire game by newspaper. Tabata got the idea from playing MGS5 and saw how everyone loved listening to the cassette tapes. Who needs cutscenes!

Go_Ly_Dow

Noctis and co. are going to learn about the narrative through the entire game by newspaper. Tabata got the idea from playing MGS5 and saw how everyone loved listening to the cassette tapes. Who needs cutscenes!

The car = D Horse
Promoto = D dog
Cidney = Quiet

saher

Banned
So any chance to see this movie before the release of the game if you dont live in the usa? are they going to release it anywhere (digital,bluray)

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
It's pretty obvious Nifelheim was jamming all incoming and outgoing signals from Lucis and suppressed all information as to what went down there until the next day, when they created an official story (With Luna confirmed dead etc) to be picked up by the News, which is what Noctis finds out by.

You guys are ridiculous. If it's not explicitly stated that radio signals were blocked, but all information was somehow suppressed, then the logical conclusion is that they were indeed blocked. Not OMG PLOT HOLE.

theofficefan99

It's pretty obvious Nifelheim was jamming all incoming and outgoing signals from Lucis and suppressed all information as to what went down there until the next day, when they created an official story (With Luna confirmed dead etc) to be picked up by the News, which is what Noctis finds out by.

You guys are ridiculous. If it's not explicitly stated that radio signals were blocked, but all information was somehow suppressed, then the logical conclusion is that they were indeed blocked. Not OMG PLOT HOLE.

Honestly I don't blame them (them including myself lol), it's easy to forget the little details when you don't have the actual game yet.

For me it wasn't "OMG PLOT HOLE".

The scene just lacked any kind of weight. All the released cutscenes did. If that isn't representative of the final product, they shouldn't have given Gamespot the go ahead to release them.

Aters

The scene just lacked any kind of weight. All the released cutscenes did. If that isn't representative of the final product, they shouldn't have given Gamespot the go ahead to release them.

Yeah I think the first two chapters do lack the usual "FF-intro" feels. They are just not intense. Maybe the film will compensate for that since we already know a good part of the intro are shifted into it.

NullKaze

Yeah I think the first two chapters do lack the usual "FF-intro" feels. They are just not intense. Maybe the film will compensate for that since we already know a good part of the intro are shifted into it.
I don't think any media has played Chapter 0, which will probably give you the 'intensity' of a normal FF intro..? I think Tabata even says it begins with a boss fight.

wmlk

Chapter 0 will be good. That Dawn trailer was bad, but that scene heightened my expectations with regards to the story. It's probably going to include that scene.

It had a feeling of Regis sacrificing his son or at least mourning his son's fate at some level.

That's what I feel as well. The news broke and Noctis was basically, "No....". It might've faired better if Noctis got hysterical and stormed out of the Quay to try to take the Regalia back to Insomnia, with or without his friends, then the bros coming to comfort him and tell him that acting reckless won't save anybody. Have the guys iron out a plan to get back to Insomnia(which fails, but that's beside the point, as it would add some bonding in Noctis' time of need). Have it end the way the first chapter's supposed to, off in the distance far from Insomnia, gazing upon the occupied city and realizing there is nothing they can do but make their way to Altissia.

But yeah, we really needed to see Noctis break down. That would've added to the whole situation.

Dark_castle

If Kingsglaive had decent writing/story, could that mean the same thing for the game itself? Do they share the same writers?

MilkBeard

...and Noctis will have a secret brother who bretrayed his Kingdom, but then as a major twist later on, it will be realized that his brother actually secretly did not betray them.

DeSolos

I don't think any media has played Chapter 0, which will probably give you the 'intensity' of a normal FF intro..? I think Tabata even says it begins with a boss fight.

It's going to be tough to beat having the main character's home invaded in a large scale attack, being forced from their home, and having the main character's father die.

Chapter 0 is going to have to open with one hell of a bang that we don't know about. As far as we know, the content of the Dawn trailer(s) is what Chapter 0 is all about. Which is a bit concerning as they were a bad first impression back then. They were plodding, slow, and fished for emotions without context(I'm assuming the context is a reward for doing 2-3hrs of homework by watching their movie/anime).

Mediking

Luna is Noctis sister confirmed.

Noctis to betray his friends because the hate he fills will overcome him.

Prompto will chase after Noctis ignoring all his other friends and will repeatedly yell out Noctis!!!! Whenever they clash.

...and Noctis will have a secret brother who bretrayed his Kingdom, but then as a major twist later on, it will be realized that his brother actually secretly did not betray them.

Oh come on. I don't want Masashi Kishimoto to sue me over too many Naruto similarities. I had to draw the line somewhere.

You can thank me for the Cidney VR integration too!

It's over MGS fans. Your franchise is ended in glory with Pachinko. No need to take crazy twist to FFXV

Oh come on. I don't want Masashi Kishimoto to sue me over too many Naruto similarities. I had to draw the line somewhere.

0/10 not enough tifa.

Should've told the writing team to make prompto the main character he's clearly MC material
It's over MGS fans. Your franchise is ended in glory with Pachinko. No need to take crazy twist to FFXV
Reference lost in translation... calculating ..

MilkBeard

Lol. But at least tell me that you will still have all the dead heroes from the game and movie reanimated by forbidden magic for one last giant, epic battle.

Mediking

0/10 not enough tifa.

Should've told the writing team to make prompto the main character he's clearly MC material

Reference lost in translation... calculating ..

I sent my application to Nomura to be on the writing staff for FF7R but he declined the idea because I wanted the game to start off with Tifa dreaming about Cloud.

Lol. But at least tell me that you will still have all the dead heroes from the game and movie reanimated by forbidden magic for one last giant, epic battle.

Ehhh... I'll think about it. It might be... you know.... DLC.

Mifec

Bomb inside Luna confirmed?

Nah Gentiana or Aranea

2 big

latest

medi pls I believe you'd be a better writer than Kishi anyway.

Mifec

I need to offset my shitposting for a bit so I gotta ask, will Kingsglaive be available as digital download before the game is out?

We'll find Regis' diary later on, with details on how he tried to make veggie burgers.

chefbags

God I love that line that's been mentioned a lot from this movie.

"Everything For The Future King"

Has so much meaning now to Noctis's journey. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Famassu

The movie basically takes place inbetween chapter 0 and 1 of the game.

Chapter 0 is when Noctis and crew say goodbye to Regis and head off to Tenebrae for their journey right?

and Chapter 1 is when Noctis reads the newspaper and finds out about the attack on Insomnia / Lucis, right?

So my solution, Play chapter 0, save the game before starting chapter 1, watch Kingsglaive, resume with the game.
I think Tabata said Chapter 0 would be something surprising. If it was just Noctis saying goodbye to daddy & heading off, that wouldn't be all that surprising. Sounds like we might not take control of ("current day") Noctis until Chapter 1, maybe?

artsi

They simply don't call Noctis and gang and let them know. The entire point is that Noctis is kept in the dark. No one calls him because that's the intention.

Still, the execution was bad. Figure it out in a newspaper, but please...your father's been killed and your home is occupied. Show that you at least care a little bit.

Maybe Noctis knows something we don't, but that doesn't excuse that scene. It's a bad first impression. At least JP voice acting shows a good bit of emotion.

In the JP version that scene doesn't mention the king being killed, which is interesting thing to add in localization.

https://vid.me/5MMX

I think they found out about the invasion before (maybe this scene in trailer), and the newspaper is just to confirm the information... I feel we don't have the whole context here.

Famassu

I think it's a smart move on SE's part to get FFVXIII done in one game, but then they make FFVIIRE a multiple release. Sometimes I really don't know how this company make business decision. I'm not a big fan of KH either. I played a few of them just because I like Disney. Though I have to say TWEWY is a masterful game. Nomura certainly has talent.
They are making FFVIIR as a multi-game thing because it's impossible to make it as a single game (in a timely manner with a budget they could recoup with a single 60$ game without the game having to sell 20 million copies) if the remake is to not be a completely ripped to shreds version of the OG story/game with huge chunks taken out of the experience (there will still obviously be cuts in the remake we ARE getting, but it will also expand most everything that will be in the game). There was no other option if they wanted to make it in the way that the PS3 tech demo teased 11 years ago, except with even more powerful hardware, which makes it an even bigger project. Midgar alone, in its expanded form, is probably a bigger undertaking than a lot of whole games and that's only the intro to FFVII with a whole world filled with tons of more or less exotic & varied locations (+ every overworld field/area connecting those) and dozens of hours of story waiting past that.

FFXV being made into a single game and the decision to make FFVIIR into more than one release are because of completely different reasons that don't contradict each other at all. VsXIII/FFXV is something that had perhaps become a bit too bloated in its plans in the long years since its announcement, so instead of dragging players along the VsXIII/XV hype train even longer for another decade with sequels, it was probably a better choice to condense that into a single game. FFVII is a known entity. There are expectations as to what that story & game needs to offer. Any changes will be met with resistance, let alone completely truncating the game into, like, only 40% what the original offered.

I mean, imagine a situation where execs are deciding whether to make Lord of the Rings into a single 1,5-2 hour movie or a single 12 hour movie. Choice #1 is something financially feasible, but it would lead to a product that would truncate the OG experience into something almost unrecognizable & inferior considering how much they'd have to cut & change the story. Choice #2 isn't financially feasible at all (not even considering how horrible it would be to have to sit at a movie theater for 12 hours) since they could only sell movie tickets once yet the budget would be that of several movies and making a single huge project like that and being forced to releasing it all at once can have production problems that can be avoided by dividing things into a few more manageable parts. Considering all this, the best answer is actually Choice #3, a trilogy of movies. Same applies to FFVII -> FFVII Remake. If it was to be a single game, it would be cut to hell and back since a single release, PS4 quality, "full" FFVII with modern game design sensibilities is just a pipe dream when reality kicks in.

Aters

They are making FFVIIR as a multi-game thing because it's impossible to make it as a single game (in a timely manner with a budget they could recoup with a single 60$ game without the game having to sell 20 million copies) if the remake is to not be a completely ripped to shreds version of the OG story/game with huge chunks taken out of the experience (there will still obviously be cuts in the remake we ARE getting, but it will also expand most everything that will be in the game). There was no other option if they wanted to make it in the way that the PS3 tech demo teased 11 years ago, except with even more powerful hardware, which makes it an even bigger project. Midgar alone, in its expanded form, is probably a bigger undertaking than a lot of whole games and that's only the intro to FFVII with a whole world filled with tons of more or less exotic & varied locations (+ every overworld field/area connecting those) and dozens of hours of story waiting past that.

FFXV being made into a single game and the decision to make FFVIIR into more than one release are because of completely different reasons that don't contradict each other at all. VsXIII/FFXV is something that had perhaps become a bit too bloated in its plans in the long years since its announcement, so instead of dragging players along the VsXIII/XV hype train even longer for another decade with sequels, it was probably a better choice to condense that into a single game. FFVII is a known entity. There are expectations as to what that story & game needs to offer. Any changes will be met with resistance, let alone completely truncating the game into, like, only 40% what the original offered.

I mean, imagine a situation where execs are deciding whether to make Lord of the Rings into a single 1,5-2 hour movie or a single 12 hour movie. Choice #1 is something financially feasible, but it would lead to a product that would truncate the OG experience into something almost unrecognizable & inferior considering how much they'd have to cut & change the story. Choice #2 isn't financially feasible at all (not even considering how horrible it would be to have to sit at a movie theater for 12 hours) since they could only sell movie tickets once yet the budget would be that of several movies and making a single huge project like that and being forced to releasing it all at once can have production problems that can be avoided by dividing things into a few more manageable parts. Considering all this, the best answer is actually Choice #3, a trilogy of movies. Same applies to FFVII -> FFVII Remake. If it was to be a single game, it would be cut to hell and back since a single release, PS4 quality, "full" FFVII with modern game design sensibilities is just a pipe dream when reality kicks in.

I certainly get your point, but deep inside I doubt if it's actually a good idea to remake FFVII. Sure it will sell a ton of copies, but will it live up to the biggest hype in videogame history? Especially when the FF fanbase is so divisive and everyone wants different things out of the remake. Also, the game is so big they have to divide it into several pieces. Do they have experience handling such situation? Remake is what publishers do when they want to play it safe, but now SE is taking so much risk doing the remake they may as well just make a new game.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
To date, not a single KH game (aside from the mobile games) received North American digital releases largely due to Disney licensing issues. It's also why Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is no longer available digitally. Disney licensing contracts expire past a certain point.

It's probably not Disney but Utada's songs. We will end up with the game having restricted recording like Type 0 and Yakuza.

2.8 and 3 will have to be on PSN as it is mandatory for released games to have digital versions now.

Ray Down

Banned
It's probably not Disney but Utada's songs. We will end up with the game having restricted recording like Type 0 and Yakuza.

2.8 and 3 will have to be on PSN as it is mandatory for released games to have digital versions now.

There been a game not release digital on PS4 already and seeing how none of the others are it's not looking good.

artsi

^With Nomura and Kitase heading FF VIIR, and no Toriyama in sight, I think it will be 'good enough.'

B-but he was making the original FF7...

Toriyama also wrote and directed many of the scenes revolving around Cloud Strife and Aerith Gainsborough. He tried to make Aerith an important character to the player to maximize the impact of her death.

He also designed the submarine section. The game is doomed.

Top Bottom