• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Skii

Yep exactly this, I found it funny and ruined the moment. It's when
she's talking to Warren in the diner

I was like "HOLY SHIT I HAVE MIND POWERS TOO"

I got that on PC too, bad moment for that to happen since she's pretty emotional during those lines lol. I even quit the game and replayed from the last checkpoint thinking it wasn't a constant glitch, but then it happened again.

The same happened to me too on PC!
Everyone is dying around you and you've just heard Nathan's heart-wrenching message before he's killed and then the lip-syncing goes to shit which really takes you out of the moment

I have the digital download on PS4 but, am thinking of getting the physical copy on Xbox One. Mainly because I can then delete it on PS4 and since Xbox One has unlimited HDD space cause of external hard drives. Anyone here got any impressions on performance for Xbox One? Is it pretty much the same as PS4?
Played through the game on Xbox One and had no issues.

cftrooper

I'm an hour and a half or so into episode 1 and I just have to ask... does the voice acting get any better? Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of bad? There's times where it sounds like Max is just reading off of a piece of paper.

Mossybrew

I finished the game earlier tonight. I have to say, I have been playing videogames since the 70's, and this is the first time a game made me cry. I mean, not just get emotional and appreciate it all on a kind of intellectual/emotional level (like TLOU) but full on BAWL. Jesus it was ridiculous the scene I made, I'm glad I was alone. Everything worked for me in this game. A fucking amazing accomplishment in the medium.

I'm an hour and a half or so into episode 1 and I just have to ask... does the voice acting get any better? Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of bad? There's times where it sounds like Max is just reading off of a piece of paper.

Max's VA isn't the strongest, but if you think about it plenty of teenagers talk with the dejected/audience voice most of the time. Her VA does get better though.

Mossybrew

Max's VA isn't the strongest.

It grew on me in a big way. Maybe part of it is I'm 40+ years old with a teenage daughter and though maybe some of the slang she uses could be considered contrived, I'm used to hearing such random shit from my daughter's mouth that I was sold on her VA and character very quickly.

It grew on me in a big way. Maybe part of it is I'm 40+ years old with a teenage daughter and though maybe some of the slang she uses could be considered contrived, I'm used to hearing such random shit from my daughter's mouth that I was sold on her VA and character very quickly.

did she ever walk into the room, and you looked at her with tears in your eyes and said

"Honey, I know! High school is so hard!" and hugged her?

Mossybrew

Well to be serious I thought it was refreshing how emotionally honest Max was instead of the typical teen character who tries to pretend they are above it all and nothing really affects them. I guess in this way she wasn't the most realistic teen character but hey we are dealing with a time travel game here so.

Persona7

Banned
The platinum trophy for this game looks crazy easy.

Getting all the achievements was pretty easy. I think I only missed three of them during my first play through of each episode.

The bus, the bird that you send outside and the squirrels in the final episode IIRC

Well, I saw that ending with you
allowing Chloe to die
coming from a mile away. Pretty much since the moment it became clear that you could
travel further back than just a few seconds

Just couldn't really get into the game. The voice acting for the main characters was mediocre most of the time, even compared to other games with branching decisions and non linear dialogue, the writing ranged from smart to pure cringe and some parts of the story were ... well, subpar, to be honest.

But as someone who bought Remember Me day 1 and liked it I can appreciate that Dontnod had success with this. They are a capable studio who thinks out of the box, and the industry needs more of those.

Looking forward to Vampyr and LiS Season 2. The game had potential. And at least they can iron out the technical problems in a sequel.

Steamlord

I hope in a second title they completely get rid of the chaos theory aspect. I feel that hurt the game more than anything else.

Yeah, considering how Season 1 plays out, I don't really see how they could implement time travel into Season 2 as well. It would pretty much have to be a retread of the first season.

I think somebody suggested mind reading earlier. That could be a really interesting mechanic that gives the player an edge in conversation- and choice-based gameplay, but in a different way than time travel.

Well to be serious I thought it was refreshing how emotionally honest Max was instead of the typical teen character who tries to pretend they are above it all and nothing really affects them. I guess in this way she wasn't the most realistic teen character but hey we are dealing with a time travel game here so.

Some people are just more in tune with their emotions than others. Teenagers aren't any different.

I love that Max is willing to leave herself emotionally vulnerable for other people, and is okay with being hurt by them.

Guess Who

Banned
Well to be serious I thought it was refreshing how emotionally honest Max was instead of the typical teen character who tries to pretend they are above it all and nothing really affects them.

Especially considering she's named after Holden Caulfield which would normally imply the worst in those regards.

Matt

I have the digital download on PS4 but, am thinking of getting the physical copy on Xbox One. Mainly because I can then delete it on PS4 and since Xbox One has unlimited HDD space cause of external hard drives. Anyone here got any impressions on performance for Xbox One? Is it pretty much the same as PS4?

Just upgrade your PS4's HDD.

malfcn

giphy.gif

Head spinning. Half way through 5?
Playing it with the wife..so it takes a few nights to do an episode, and out schedules have to match. Hopefully finish it tomorrow.

Things are...weird.

T-0800

My son recently bought this and he just said the game doesn't appear to be saving. There is no way to load a game. Is this right? How does saving work in this game?

Thanks.

My son recently bought this and he just said the game doesn't appear to be saving. There is no way to load a game. Is this right? How does saving work in this game?

Thanks.

The game saves automatically every time you see the pencil writing on paper, once that's finished the game should be saved. Are the save files after the title screen, before the main menu empty?

rBBXiCI.png

It is at moments like this, when I fucking despise PSN and everything related to it.
Why is something as simple as avatars something you can only download and apply on one platform?

EDIT: Thankfully PS support knows the answer to everything.
ISZOAgn.png

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love my Ratchet avatar, but these are tempting me a lot.
Can't believe they made two avatars of Max making out with Chloe and Warren.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They should have gone with Kate's lewd rendition of Hawt Dog Man!

0Fwr0KD.jpg

I laughed out loud when I noticed this in
her room at the hospital

EDIT: Thankfully PS support knows the answer to everything.
ISZOAgn.png

This is gold.

I mean, there's presumably not a whole lot a Twitter rep can actually do/say, but seriously...

Yeah, considering how Season 1 plays out, I don't really see how they could implement time travel into Season 2 as well. It would pretty much have to be a retread of the first season.

I feel like the rewinding mechanic needs to stay. If S2 is going to have a new cast of characters, they need something else to tie the franchise/brand together, and the rewind mechanic is probably the most iconic way to do this.

But yeah, they probably shouldn't allow the protagonist to travel back more than a few seconds this time.

malfcn

The game is full of music that I normally wouldn't listen to..kept calling it emo hipster stuff..but it was incredible..especially the ending song.

Just finished episode 1. Holy fuck this game...just incredible.

The art direction, the great characters, the excellent writing, the wonderful line delivery, the downright beautiful soundtrack...masterful. Can't wait to continue.

overcast

I'm really happy with the collectors edition considering I got it with GCU. Soundtrack is great, artbook is okay. It feels good to own one of my favorite games of the new gen though

Spinifex

Just finished episode 1. Holy fuck this game...just incredible.

The art direction, the great characters, the excellent writing, the wonderful line delivery, the downright beautiful soundtrack...masterful. Can't wait to continue.

Please keep the thread updated with your impressions. I can only imagine how someone who is this enthused with the first episode will think about the rest of the series.

liquidtmd

Banned
Small quibble I had with a plot point. Its not entirely illogical but it bothered me a little and wondered what others thought about it:

In episode 5 when Max
tears up the Selfie in San Francisco, did anyone else groan when that lead her to being back in the Dark Room due to this action somehow leading to Jefferson burning her Diary, which meant she couldn't consequentially go back in time and alert David about Jefferson.

Did I miss a line from
Jefferson about why he burnt the Diary?

Top Bottom