• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo was turned into Let It Die

NesFe

Damn, this has been a sad day for me, first the type-0 vita misinformation and now this. Goodbye lily, I never even knew you T_T

Dascu

I became a little bit suspicious when I saw the RPG-like numbers pop up and the multiplayer aspect, which had been gameplay elements that Suda discussed in an interview about Lily Bergamo. But I had figured Let It Die was maybe a small side-game to test the waters for this, with Lily Bergamo still coming later.

Now I kind of wonder if instead there is indeed a No More Heroes 3 in the works where the character will re-appear in. I mean, there must be a decent bit of character assets already developed for it, since the original reveal concept art dates back much longer than the PS4 reveal. And you wouldn't throw all that away, would you?

Ramenman

Wow, I'm so sad if it's true. Let It Die is litteraly the very first teaser for a SUDA game that doesn't get me excited.

It's not even quirky or anything, there's no "oh that's suda right there", aside from maybe the punchline at the beginning and the shitty title of which I enjoy the cheesiness.

Meh, too bad. Still like the guy, I'll just replay No More Heroes.

Dark_castle

As someone who didn't really care for Suda51's titles...

survivor-smile.gif

chrono01

Lily Bergamo would have received my money. I loved the art-style, albeit it was only a trailer, but I was still interested. Let It Die, on the other hand...no. All of my interest, gone.

Lily Bergamo, we hardly knew you. :(

DevilFox

I'm so disappointed I can barely find the words to express myself.
One thing is sure: I'm not even going to try Let it die.

Anko

Somebody! Anybody! Get them to take down the Lily Bergamo page on jp.playstation.com.

It.. It hurts so much.

須田剛一×コザキユースケの独創性豊かな融合に乞うご期待!!
They even highlighted Suda x Kozaki as a major selling point. What the hell happened to this game?!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
What. The. Fuck.

Why would you turn a game that looked like this

Lily%252520Bergamo%252520Gif%252520-%2525202.jpg

Into the ugliness that is Let It Die? WTF is wrong with you? Fuck this shit. Let it die, indeed.

Seems like Suda51 and Gungho didnt get the memo.

Shuhei Yoshida said:
They should really focus on what they do best. Many games try to appease Western audiences, not understanding the culture, and most of them fail.

Vanille

They even highlighted Suda x Kozaki as a major selling point. What the hell happened to this game?!

Well the fact that the last two Suda x Kozaki games mega bombed might have something to do with it. Really can't blame gungho for wanting a change in direction.

TheChaos0

Lily looked cool, Let it Die did not. They don't even look similar conceptionally or from the art style point of view. A shame really.

BBboy20

Grimløck;115916588 said:
How did they not think of this as a good idea? Why was "soul searching" needed when they had something as amazing as that? :(

Fuck...

I guess we needed a truly terrible news today to balance out all the incredible announcements...
I feel the same way after all that Nintendo. :(

give it to platinum and put it on the wii u please
I actually would die if that happened since, at this point, both Plat and GhM are my favorite game developers (Let It Die is what will get me a PS4 since it's actually has a Western release while Bayonetta 2's October release is what will make me peruse getting a WiiU).

Jhn

Um, what? This can't possibly be right. It's too damn dumb.
It's like saying that Silent Hill mid-development turned into Yoshis Island.

Also, Lily looked fantastic, Let It Die looks absolutely terrible.

Talax

Seriously..... WTF? That's like a whole different game. It's not change. This is scrapping a game and making another. That shit was nothing like lily bergamo....

Qvoth

let it die is an f2p brawler or something like that right?

bet it was all that gungho dude's idea to change

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Why? Lily looked ten times more promising than this free to play stuff

Once again, he's not even directing it. More creative producer crap. Getting really tired of Suda's antics, and that's coming from a huge fan of his. Not really enthused for this game. Looks like their most jank project in years, and pretty boring at that. Free to play just makes it worse. Lily Bergamo looked super cool too; no idea how it turned into this.

Top Bottom