• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the publisher with the most games on Vita only has 26? Easy target to smash! Going to be over halfway there this year and will definitely surpass that next year. :)

Spinoff90

The only Neptunia game Nisa had a hand in on Vita was Producing Perfection, all other spinoffs and Rebirth titles have been IFI after they split off from Nisa.

Yep just one of those things I will always associate with NISA unless I have the case right in front of my face due to the PS3 games.

I am now curious about the breakdown of my Vita collection by publisher so something tells me I am going to be pulling them all off the shelves and counting. Still expect NISA and Warner Bros. to have a good showing. Aksys might be in that range too. Obviously won't be an official count or anything since there are a ton of imports I don't own but curious all the same.

But guys stop telling them they might break records. Next thing you know they will get record crazy and release 20 games a month =P

LiK

Got shipping confirmation for my previous Octodad order. This is for the FanGamer Tie right? I don't wanna be double-charged for the games.

Just hit me that school will be back in session when Mystery Chronicle goes up for sale. I'm not too worried about being able to checkout because we have Chromebooks that we can use during class but it's more remembering that they're up at 10AM. Thank god for 2 waves.

Guys, do I want Dragon Fantasy or not?

I'm not a flat-out collector for these games and have only bought the ones I've really wanted so far (Octodad; Oddworld; Rainbow Moon; Soldner). But I really can't make up my mind about Dragon Fantasy.

I dunno why. I like JRPG's and JRPG-esque games. Just something about this one making me unsure.

I'm not a flat-out collector for these games and have only bought the ones I've really wanted so far (Octodad; Oddworld; Rainbow Moon; Soldner). But I really can't make up my mind about Dragon Fantasy.

I dunno why. I like JRPG's and JRPG-esque games. Just something about this one making me unsure.

DF might be the first game I'll skip in a while.
Not because I think it's bad, but because it's September and there's just way too much else which seems better.

If there's something else on Sept 9th I might pick up one copy because shipping hurts less, but otherwise, probably not.

September is definitely a tough month, so many great Vita retail releases. I'm still going for Dragon Fantasy though. It's an RPG, so I'll probably cut down on some of the retail releases, which I will try to pick up later once they went down in price a bit.

Jimm

I just watched a Dragon Fantasy trailer and it looks heaps better than I expected graphically and in gameplay.
Combat looks a lot like Chrono Trigger.

Vita is getting some great releases later in the year I'd love to pick up but LRG releases always take priority.

I just watched a Dragon Fantasy trailer and it looks heaps better than I expected graphically and in gameplay.
Combat looks a lot like Chrono Trigger.

Vita is getting some great releases later in the year I'd love to pick up but LRG releases always take priority.

I think I'll watch more videos before making up my mind. I'm sorta interested.

If it released the same day as something else, that'd make things easier as I wouldn't be paying extra for the shipping :p

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm kind of glad the releases are split. I'd be afraid something would sell out by the time I tried to add all 4 games to my cart and checkout.

Clive

Will Dragon Fantasy and Mystery Chronicle be limited to one per customer? Might double dip on MC if possible but I completely understand if it's limited.

Will Dragon Fantasy and Mystery Chronicle be limited to one per customer? Might double dip on MC if possible but I completely understand if it's limited.

Dragon Fantasy will be one per customer, at least during the first batch because production was already underway when Soldner sold out. We're not sure where demand lies and don't want to deal with death threats and hate mail if it sells out too fast.

One Way Heroics will be two per customer on both platforms, as we feel the production quantity is high enough to account for that.

Semoreh

I'm in the UK & bought Rainbow Moon PS4 & the Shadow Complex bundle (in total 3 items) & shipping was $22.00. :)

Really ? I'm French and I paid 15 for Rainbow Moon Vita + 2x Shadow Complex (so 3 items too)
Maybe it depends of the weight, then ?

using the shipping box raises the price from $15 to $22 in my experience (which kind of sucks as the box itself is already super expensive at $5. But it's better than getting crushed games)

Semoreh

using the shipping box raises the price from $15 to $22 in my experience (which kind of sucks as the box itself is already super expensive at $5. But it's better than getting crushed games)

Oh, so this is why. Thanks !
Good news is they said they are going to use larger bubble envelopes in the future, so maybe you'll be able to pay less in shipping cost.

Hobbun

I bought a shipping box as I didn't want to risk my Rainbow Moon copies (PS4 & Vita). This is the game I've been anticipating the most.

blueweltall

Neo Member
Dragon Fantasy will be one per customer, at least during the first batch because production was already underway when Soldner sold out. We're not sure where demand lies and don't want to deal with death threats and hate mail if it sells out too fast.

One Way Heroics will be two per customer on both platforms, as we feel the production quantity is high enough to account for that.

Can't you just ban those people with the death threats and maybe the hate mail if it goes to far because there's no reason it should even get that far.

So, I watched some videos and read some reviews of Dragon Fantasy. Even though the game seems fairly well received, I think it's not for me. So that's a bit of money 'saved' at least.

But that depends what LRG's third September release is, because that may be another one I need to buy on top of Mystery Chronicle!

Do you guys ever, you know, talk about playing the actual LRG releases?
Bit of an older comment, but I want to encourage others to post about their experiences playing through the LRG catalog. It's unfortunate to hear Breach & Clear: Deadline and Oddworld on Vita have technical blemishes. I'd definitely prefer developers holding off on a physical release until a vast majority of these issues have been patched on the digital front. Small runs don't necessarily scream post-release support. These types of games should focus on a retail build that offers a solid performance for playthroughs as the medium should last for future generations. As a side note, Octodad and Oddworld on the PS4 performed notably well from my experience outside of typical clipping in the former title

The only thing I wish about Mystic Chronicle is that PS4 & Vita had different cover designs. Does anybody feel the same?
I'd prefer cover parity across both platforms. While I do appreciate the novelty of them, I would argue that the Vita has been receiving simplified designs that are aesthetically less appealing with exception to Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty and Futuridium. Having reversible artwork shared between the systems would be a nice option, but I'm certain it would be a costly matter for manufacturing as a standard procedure.

I think the final September release might be ROM and the Vita exclusive in November is Valhalla.
I sincerely wish this could've happened. Doubt a physical copy of ROM will release soon in light of the porting woes, but VA-11 HA11-A shouldn't be too much further into the future. I wanted to link the various twits that practically confirmed it was coming yet I can't seem to find them for the life of me at this moment.

So, I watched some videos and read some reviews of Dragon Fantasy. Even though the game seems fairly well received, I think it's not for me. So that's a bit of money 'saved' at least.

But that depends what LRG's third September release is, because that may be another one I need to buy on top of Mystery Chronicle!
I'm easily passing on Dragon Fantasy for similar reasons. It felt like another drop in the bucket in the pool for nostalgic bit adventures offering homage to eclipsing RPG classics without the resolve for their own identity. Roguelike titles aren't necessarily my forte either, but I'll take a chance with One Way Heroics with the budget price.

Spinoff90

Well going back to our publisher conversation I counted the publishers of my collection. I think I messed up the count at some point since it wasn't adding up to how many games I had but added one to Sony since I think I missed Borderlands 2. Anyway, I did underestimate Sony (Especially the imports from them like Muppets, Looney Tunes, Invizimals etc.) but still an underwhelming number from a first party. I also think part of the reason I underestimated on top of them abandoning the Vita so long ago is that very few of their games really did much for me. Too many games too focused on gimmicks. Even Uncharted didn't do much for me with their insistence on all the touch screen stuff etc. Atlus will always be a bigger disappointment to me than Sony for their lack of Vita support though. As somebody who hates the 3DS more than any handheld I have ever owned and loves the Vita more than any handheld I have ever owned I hate that they supported 3DS over Vita.

Sony 33
NIS 17
WB 17
Aksys 16
Namco 15
Koei Tecmo 12
SEGA 12
Ubisoft 10
Idea Factory 8
Xseed 8
Atlus 7
Limited Run Games 7
Marvelous 7
BigBen 6
D3 6
EA 6
Konami 5
Activision 4
Kadokowa 4
Capcom 3
Dorasu 3
Milestone 3
Square 3
505 2
Deep Silver 2
Experience 2
Focus 2
Furyu 2
PQube 2
Prototype 2
Telltale 2
Acquire 1
Broccoli 1
Codemasters 1
Disney 1
Fun Box 1
Level 5 1
Maximum 1
Pentavision 1
PM 1
Rayark 1
Soedesco 1
Sonic Powered 1
Tru Blu 1
Vblank 1
Yeti 1

NIS would have been at 25 in my always forgetting about Idea Factory state of mind which is why I thought they were so close or ahead of Sony at least.

In terms of what have you done for me lately with Sony a very, very, very distant memory it seems to be a battle between Namco, Aksys, NISA, Marvelous and Limited Run Games. Hopefully at least 2 or 3 pass Sony at some point by remaining active. LRG will be at 8 once Rainbow Moon arrives so still a fairly big climb to catch Sony. Like I said this is just my collection though and there are a ton of imports I don't have so who knows if somebody is ahead of Sony worldwide or not. This was boring enough without trying to figure out the exact count of every published Vita game worldwide -_- Unless there is already a list floating around in some corner of the internet keeping track of that.

AsfaeksBR

Will only try to get One Way Heroics. Saw some reviews and it looks more up my alley than Black Tome of Ice.

Also, how can I check if my Rainbow Moon shipped or not? The site still claims "Unfulfilled"

Will only try to get One Way Heroics. Saw some reviews and it looks more up my alley than Black Tome of Ice.

Also, how can I check if my Rainbow Moon shipped or not? The site still claims "Unfulfilled"
It will change to "Fulfilled" when it ships and you'll get an email

Shizuka

Well going back to our publisher conversation I counted the publishers of my collection. I think I messed up the count at some point since it wasn't adding up to how many games I had but added one to Sony since I think I missed Borderlands 2. Anyway, I did underestimate Sony (Especially the imports from them like Muppets, Looney Tunes, Invizimals etc.) but still an underwhelming number from a first party. I also think part of the reason I underestimated on top of them abandoning the Vita so long ago is that very few of their games really did much for me. Too many games too focused on gimmicks. Even Uncharted didn't do much for me with their insistence on all the touch screen stuff etc. Atlus will always be a bigger disappointment to me than Sony for their lack of Vita support though. As somebody who hates the 3DS more than any handheld I have ever owned and loves the Vita more than any handheld I have ever owned I hate that they supported 3DS over Vita.

Sony 33
NIS 17
WB 17
Aksys 16
Namco 15
Koei Tecmo 12
SEGA 12
Ubisoft 10
Idea Factory 8
Xseed 8
Atlus 7
Limited Run Games 7
Marvelous 7
BigBen 6
D3 6
EA 6
Konami 5
Activision 4
Kadokowa 4
Capcom 3
Dorasu 3
Milestone 3
Square 3
505 2
Deep Silver 2
Experience 2
Focus 2
Furyu 2
PQube 2
Prototype 2
Telltale 2
Acquire 1
Broccoli 1
Codemasters 1
Disney 1
Fun Box 1
Level 5 1
Maximum 1
Pentavision 1
PM 1
Rayark 1
Soedesco 1
Sonic Powered 1
Tru Blu 1
Vblank 1
Yeti 1

NIS would have been at 25 in my always forgetting about Idea Factory state of mind which is why I thought they were so close or ahead of Sony at least.

In terms of what have you done for me lately with Sony a very, very, very distant memory it seems to be a battle between Namco, Aksys, NISA, Marvelous and Limited Run Games. Hopefully at least 2 or 3 pass Sony at some point by remaining active. LRG will be at 8 once Rainbow Moon arrives so still a fairly big climb to catch Sony. Like I said this is just my collection though and there are a ton of imports I don't have so who knows if somebody is ahead of Sony worldwide or not. This was boring enough without trying to figure out the exact count of every published Vita game worldwide -_- Unless there is already a list floating around in some corner of the internet keeping track of that.

I think you should count western releases only, because on the japanese side, it's already quite off (Prototype/Level-5/Broccoli).

Skulldead

There a rumor right now that Canada Post is going to go on strike tomorrow morning. Do you have a alternative to solve the problem if anything happen ?

Spinoff90

I think you should count western releases only, because on the japanese side, it's already quite off (Prototype/Level-5/Broccoli).

I was just counting what I owned worldwide out of curiosity but yeah guess I could have broke it down to just NA too.

Sony 25
WB 17
Aksys 16
NIS 16
Ubisoft 10
Koei Tecmo 8
Xseed 8
Atlus 7
Idea Factory 7
Limited Run Games 7
EA 6
SEGA 6
Namco 5
Activision 4
505 2
Capcom 2
Focus 2
Konami 2
Marvelous 2
PQube 2
Square 2
Telltale 2
Codemasters 1
D3 1
Disney 1
Maximum 1
Pentavision 1
PM 1
Vblank 1

On top of imports I knocked two more off of Sony since I realized I counted the MLB and Minecraft cases with a download voucher. Still not sure if the Sony count is right or if another is wrong since I am still not 100% sure where I botched the count before =P Still pretty sure it was Borderlands 2 though since the Sony count matches up with that list on the last page and it wouldn't have if I didn't add the one when the count was off.

Should be the complete North American count minus Rainbow Moon since it still needs to arrive first and Epic Mickey 2 but honestly I would consider that more of an import than stuff from Japan or Europe since it would have been harder to import than those I would think. Unless there is an Amazon Mexico or something too.

Namco were the big losers obviously with 10 imports knocked off. At least they are releasing physical copies in Europe to import English friendly versions of.

So hypothetically Sony won't release another game which means the likes of Aksys and NIS who are still active publishers for Vita could pass them in time since they are in striking distance. WB will depend on how many more LEGO games they decide to pump out and if they keep making handheld versions. Been a long time since they released stuff like MK, Batman and Spy Hunter on the non-LEGO front so not counting on any non-LEGO games. Then LRG will probably go record hunting and smashing in due time at the rate they are going. With Soldner X-2 they passed some big companies in EA and SEGA so a mini celebration? =P Not that it is saying much in the case of EA with their lack of support and most of those being FIFA Legacy releases. But still something.

There a rumor right now that Canada Post is going to go on strike tomorrow morning. Do you have a alternative to solve the problem if anything happen ?

Hopefully like the other times it was rumored to be imminent something happens first. Otherwise I doubt LRG will have a backup plan and honestly you wouldn't want them to ship any other way. The brokerage fees the likes of UPS charge is not good. Pentavision made that mistake with Technica Tune and the results were not pretty to say the least.

Now VideoGamesPlus on the other hand not having a backup plan sucks since there wouldn't be the brokerage fees and stuff to worry about with stuff shipped in Canada. Anybody else I order from in Canada not only has a backup plan but have been shipping with the likes of Purolator already.

Clive

If LRG ships it via someone else than Canada Post then I'll almost certainly end up paying ~$25 extra in taxes plus "service fees" so I'd rather see the package delayed by a month or however long the strike goes on. No backup plan, please.

Skulldead

If LRG ships it via someone else than Canada Post then I'll almost certainly end up paying ~$25 extra in taxes plus "service fees" so I'd rather see the package delayed by a month or however long the strike goes on. No backup plan, please.

True, they can hold the copy until the conflict is done, it just i trust more LGR to keep my copy then the warehouse near the border ;).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was just counting what I owned worldwide out of curiosity but yeah guess I could have broke it down to just NA too.

Sony 25
WB 17
Aksys 16
NIS 16
Ubisoft 10
Koei Tecmo 8
Xseed 8
Atlus 7
Idea Factory 7
Limited Run Games 7
EA 6
SEGA 6
Namco 5
Activision 4
505 2
Capcom 2
Focus 2
Konami 2
Marvelous 2
PQube 2
Square 2
Telltale 2
Codemasters 1
D3 1
Disney 1
Maximum 1
Pentavision 1
PM 1
Vblank 1

On top of imports I knocked two more off of Sony since I realized I counted the MLB and Minecraft cases with a download voucher. Still not sure if the Sony count is right or if another is wrong since I am still not 100% sure where I botched the count before =P Still pretty sure it was Borderlands 2 though since the Sony count matches up with that list on the last page and it wouldn't have if I didn't add the one when the count was off.

Should be the complete North American count minus Rainbow Moon since it still needs to arrive first and Epic Mickey 2 but honestly I would consider that more of an import than stuff from Japan or Europe since it would have been harder to import than those I would think. Unless there is an Amazon Mexico or something too.

Namco were the big losers obviously with 10 imports knocked off. At least they are releasing physical copies in Europe to import English friendly versions of.

So hypothetically Sony won't release another game which means the likes of Aksys and NIS who are still active publishers for Vita could pass them in time since they are in striking distance. WB will depend on how many more LEGO games they decide to pump out and if they keep making handheld versions. Been a long time since they released stuff like MK, Batman and Spy Hunter on the non-LEGO front so not counting on any non-LEGO games. Then LRG will probably go record hunting and smashing in due time at the rate they are going. With Soldner X-2 they passed some big companies in EA and SEGA so a mini celebration? =P Not that it is saying much in the case of EA with their lack of support and most of those being FIFA Legacy releases. But still something.

I'm trying to figure out where we differ in your numbers. It's just slight.

So all your numbers added up = 165
I show 168 games released, but since you're not counting MLB 15, Minecraft, Epic Mickey 2, or Rainbow Moon currently that is 164.

These are the publishers I'm not matching on, your number is first.

Sony 25 vs 24
NIS 16 vs 14
Idea Factory 7 vs 8
SEGA 6 vs 5
Namco 5 vs 6 (did you count One Piece: Unlimited World Red?)
Telltale 2 vs 3 (two Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, missing one?)

You also Listed XSEED as 8 and Marvelous as 2. I had XSEED as 10 but I assume it those two.

Spinoff90

I'm trying to figure out where we differ in your numbers. It's just slight.

So all your numbers added up = 165
I show 168 games released, but since you're not counting MLB 15, Minecraft, Epic Mickey 2, or Rainbow Moon currently that is 164.

These are the publishers I'm not matching on, your number is first.

Sony 25 vs 24
NIS 16 vs 14
Idea Factory 7 vs 8
SEGA 6 vs 5
Namco 5 vs 6 (did you count One Piece: Unlimited World Red?)
Telltale 2 vs 3 (two Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, missing one?)

You also Listed XSEED as 8 and Marvelous as 2. I had XSEED as 10 but I assume it those two.

The first Walking Dead on Vita was published by Sony so that is the Telltale and Sony difference. Will have to double check later on the others. Like I said somewhere along the line I had less games than I own so I might have made some errors. Also might have made further errors when removing imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom