• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
It won't be starting EXACTLY at 11. I only wrote "approximately 11" because that was exactly 3 days after I posted the day ending post. I'm currently watching Kingsman with my family, and we're using my laptop to stream it. As soon as the movie's over, I'll try to have everything sorted and the day beginning post up.

I actually want to take this delay time to ask you guys what timezones you're all in so I can figure out ideal times to start the day and night phases.

E-S-T! E-S-T!

El Topo

It's interesting to me as an innocent bystander how these two new games seem to have a whole different dynamic than the first one. No endless sitting around, but balls to the walls action from the first day.
You can really tell MattyG and Karkardor (and Crab I presume) put a lot of work into these two games.

It's interesting to me as an innocent bystander how these two new games seem to have a whole different dynamic than the first one. No endless sitting around, but balls to the walls action from the first day.
You can really tell MattyG and Karkardor (and Crab I presume) put a lot of work into these two games.

I wasn't going to let anyone sit around this game, and believe it or not I was holding back! I had to pay the Barry-price though. ):

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
tumblr_mr47sye2Lc1sbnhrgo1_500.gif

Haly

If the next set of games don't have a Yugioh themed Mafia...

We need a Bloodborne themed Werewolf . It can't be that different from regular Werewolf, and then I can read everyones posts in a sarcastic British accent... more so than I already do.

"Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick Crossing."

Swamped

Banned
Everything I know about the series comes from the Yugioh Abridged, but I would still be totally down for this.

Haha
in america
same here.

We need a Fire Emblem themed game! It could even contain some of the grid mechanics the Animal Crossing game has going on.

Haly

I would rather have Awakening's marriage mechanics.

Am I rite guys?

RetroMG

You guys are missing the obvious Paper Mario Mafia theme.

Or just a general Nintendo Theme.

You could have a Hero of Time role. Once per game, you are able to revive an assassinated player after they have been killed. (Travelling back in time to prevent their death.)

Or is that too OP?

Swamped

Banned
I would rather have Awakening's marriage mechanics.

Am I rite guys?

Oh totally! Genius! You could do something like: "if you and your partner last until Day 3, you become Lovers and protect each other from Night Kills" or something.

Ok, the star wars thread is so so entertaining, with all the post analysis and stuff. Now you know how we feel in the Aksys Teaser Site community.

RetroMG

As an observer, I feel like I understand what's going on game-wise in the AC thread more than the SW thread, but the SW thread is just so damn entertaining to read.

Palmer_v1

As an observer, I feel like I understand what's going on game-wise in the AC thread more than the SW thread, but the SW thread is just so damn entertaining to read.

tumblr_static_f3dea4aas9skoocwogocsksgg.jpg

All of you observers are just reveling in our misery. You're SICK!

lol

Edit: OMG I can edit this post!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

A lot of that difference is also down to the players. The veterans I think learnt from the first game that you *have* to keep up a steady steam, otherwise mafia just takes over completely, so they've gone in with a lot more activity and that's been picked up by all the new players. I think a lot of the first game was aimless because people just didn't really know what they were supposed to do or how things worked.

We need a Bloodborne themed Werewolf . It can't be that different from regular Werewolf, and then I can read everyones posts in a sarcastic British accent... more so than I already do.

"Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick Crossing."
Well sarcastic & British is basically my default

Aside from all the other amazing suggestions, a Twin Peaks/Wandering Pines Mafia would be amazing.

Yes pls

RetroMG

tumblr_static_f3dea4aas9skoocwogocsksgg.jpg

All of you observers are just reveling in our misery. You're SICK!

lol

Edit: OMG I can edit this post!

Oh, I'm incredibly entertained. I was trying to explain the whole thing to a friend and fellow gaffer who wasn't even aware we had Mafia threads. He thought I was insane.

I'm seriously going to brainstorm Gravity Falls Mafia/Werewolf at some point.

I was going to suggest this like fifteen minutes ago, but then I thought, "No, they're probably sick of suggestions."

In conclusion, you are a genius.

And I swear we are going to need Lionel Mandrake to do a recap by the end of this SW Mafia Day.

BSG Mafia, Cylons vs Twelve Colonies/Colonial Fleet
Star Trek Mafia? Several races/factions to choose.

Any Superheros - Marvel/DC/X Men/Superhero Mash - I imagine ppl can get real creative with this one. Also can include tv supers well.

Wrestling Mafia? Mafia can be NWO/DX/Heels. The town can be called the babyfaces. Or do a WCW vs WWF theme

Anime - One Piece/Naruto/DBZ Mafia
League of Legends Mafia
Game of Thrones Mafia

Think the above could be very fun, especially the GoT/Supers/Anime ones. Several of them offer multiple possible factions and things as well.
Obviously it would take a lot of work though :/.

Karkador

Banned
Other Mafia theme ideas I have include a Battle Royale mafia, a Death Note mafia (don't judge), and a mafia game with more of a dynamic storytelling mechanic to it (I'd probably theme this to Phoenix Wright)

SalvaPot

I want to make a clan wars mafia, Instead of 2 teams, we have 4. Each of these 4 clans have exactly the same roles for their members (Investigator, doctor, distracter, killer, mayor), but the catch is that none of the players know who is his teammate, so is a race to try to find who your friends are and get rid of everyone else. Also, there is a 5th party that is the neighborhood killer, that can kill 2 other users each night and wins if he can kills everyone else.

Its going to be fast, frantic and hilarious.

Top Bottom