• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Hobohodo

Gonna find it interesting playing without clues. The forum mafia games I used to play used clues. So when someone was killed the game runner would scatter clues to who the killer was throughout the description based off of the killers avatar, username and signature. Red herrings would be thrown in as well and the clues were often pretty out there but it would lead to some interesting set ups. So the villagers would be trying to actively solve the clues and the mafia would be trying to tie someone else to the clues and convince everyone else it was legit without coming across as blatantly trying to pin the blame. Most of the time roles were also known up front but I see here roles were hidden so that's gonna be interesting.

But yeah having to rely on instinct more should be good!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Huhuhu! My invasion plans grow ever closer to fruition. Soon, I'll have trained Karkador and MattyG, and then next game they can train two apprentices of their own. Before long, all of GAF will be mafia.

El Topo

Huhuhu! My invasion plans grow ever closer to fruition. Soon, I'll have trained Karkador and MattyG, and then next game they can train two apprentices of their own. Before long, all of GAF will be mafia.

You do know what happened to the last mafia, right? Evil never prospers. Those just joining us: Eat your cereals, go to school, listen to your parents.

Edit:
Argh, you mean the game. My brain needs sleep.

CzarTim

Playing a few basic EpicMafia games isn't a bad idea if you want to get the hang of mafia works as a totally new player, but it's terrible for long term development as a player. The site relies far too much on power-role oriented setups and loses the heart of proper mafia, which is emotional and gut tells.

Yup. Tried to play a few there but there seemed to be a meta on how best to play in each scenario that I didn't feel like learning. Knowing the roles is no fun.

MattyG

Banned
Kark and Crab, maybe we should set up one of those temporary chat rooms like the Mafia had last game to discuss game layout?

nin1000

Banned
This is going to be So much fun :)
Can't wait to play with all of you again guys.
Kark, can you give us a hint on what to expect from a theme standpoint?

MattyG

Banned
I will make MattyG's group wish they were in my group.
tumblr_mu5bjc3RIf1r7eph4o1_500.gif

Guess we will only have Serial Killers, right?

everyone is a serial killer, with the stipulation that they can only kill if they are the first person to submit at night. Fastest Night phases ever...

Meanwhile long ago in a Galaxy far, far away we get bounty hunters, smugglers, Hutt assassins, Imperials, rebels

That brings a question in MattyG's game, are the town going to be Imperials hunting Rebel scum (mafia), or will the town be regular tatooine civilians under attack by Hutt Assassins, or maybe gungans being systematically exterminated by the Naboo government after it being brought up that it is all Jar Jar's fault?

Palmer_v1

everyone is a serial killer, with the stipulation that they can only kill if they are the first person to submit at night. Fastest Night phases ever...

Meanwhile long ago in a Galaxy far, far away we get bounty hunters, smugglers, Hutt assassins, Imperials, rebels

That brings a question in MattyG's game, are the town going to be Imperials hunting Rebel scum (mafia), or will the town be regular tatooine civilians under attack by Hutt Assassins, or maybe gungans being systematically exterminated by the Naboo government after it being brought up that it is all Jar Jar's fault?

Role: Jar Jar

If you are lynched, everyone else immediately wins.

Edit: I'm curious what era he goes with. The Old Republic? Clone Wars? New Saga?

Hoo boy, as someone who has limited
aka none whatsoever
with Star Wars, this will be very interesting. But I have faith in you MattyG!

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I changed my avatar to make my self look less suspicious... That's totally how this works right?

Glad I made it into the Star Wars group!

Palmer_v1

I changed my avatar to make my self look less suspicious... That's totally how this works right?

Glad I made it into the Star Wars group!

Suspicious name/avatar combos means that Johnnyquickknives dies fast again. There's also CzarTim, Matt Attack, and TheWorthyEdge.

Hoo boy, as someone who has limited
aka none whatsoever
with Star Wars, this will be very interesting. But I have faith in you MattyG!
Just remember: the person who uses Star Wars judgement to try to get answers is almost always a person out of ideas. Not having that knowledge in the first place forces you to do conventional mafia playing, which actually makes you ahead of the curve!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember: the person who hses Star Wars judgement to try to get answers is almost always a person out of ideas. Not having that knowledge in the first place forces you to do conventional mafia playing, which actually makes you ahead of the curve!

Wise words from our resident Krillin.

Palmer_v1

Hey, Im like that Worf Effect Trope on TVtropes. You take me out first to show how threatening the bad guys are because "If they were able to kill Barrylocke, they MUST be tough".

To be fair, town has an astonishing 100% win rate in games where you die first.

I'm just going to repost the same posts in the exact order as the last thread so no one can accuse me of acting different.

How did you watch palmer_v1 on N1? HE'S NOT EVEN IN THIS GAME.

Role: Jar Jar

If you are lynched, everyone else immediately wins.

Edit: I'm curious what era he goes with. The Old Republic? Clone Wars? New Saga?

Clone Wars, definitely. I am curious what happened to him between CW and ANH though! Wonder if he'll show up in Rebels at all (holy crap I hope not).

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh damn, I just noticed the thread. Would have loved to have signed up. Dunno how long the waiting list is, but can I jump on?

Amir0x

Banned
I'd totally want to play again.

Of course nobody will believe my pleas for innocence and will slaughter me mercilessly again I'm sure... :(

I'd totally want to play again.

Of course nobody will believe my pleas for innocence and will slaughter me mercilessly again I'm sure... :(
Amir0x, I love you, we all love you, but you are by far the person I was most confused about while watching the game, even once I finally decided that you couldn't have been a townie.

Amir0x

Banned
Half the argument about me was apparently confusion that I forgot to subscribe to the thread and thus was inactive for a period of time. Like i said I never subscribe to threads, ever. I only did it like twice before only on accident and never actually used the feature, only noticed I was subscribed to these threads like months after the fact and then just cancelled the subscription. I don't have anybody on ignore, I don't use subscriptions, I don't use half the features GAF offers. But this was like too much for people to believe! But that was the lynchpin for the start of suspicions against me. Otherwise I kept voting with the crowd because all the early arguments were just hollow and led nowhere, as evidenced by the fact we kept voting for the wrong people. So I just followed whatever the least weakest argument was, and the truth was they were all weak for like half the game time :p

I was just a poor tourist, and you pushed me off a cliff T_T

I think it was the frequent stating of the hopelessness of the situation that made it weird. Townies always have hope and find ideas. It's a paradox because as you said, the best ideas are almost never fullproof. It's the finding truth in a cloud of misinformation that makes mafia thrilling. Sometimes that means making your ideas sound way better than they actually are, because you need to work with SOMETHING.

El Topo

Half the argument about me was apparently confusion that I forgot to subscribe to the thread and thus was inactive for a period of time. Like i said I never subscribe to threads, ever. I only did it like twice before only on accident and never actually used the feature, only noticed I was subscribed to these threads like months after the fact and then just cancelled the subscription. I don't have anybody on ignore, I don't use subscriptions, I don't use half the features GAF offers. But this was like too much for people to believe! But that was the lynchpin for the start of suspicions against me. Otherwise I kept voting with the crowd because all the early arguments were just hollow and led nowhere, as evidenced by the fact we kept voting for the wrong people. So I just followed whatever the least weakest argument was, and the truth was they were all weak for like half the game time :p

I was just a poor tourist, and you pushed me off a cliff T_T

Nah, I think most of us just wanted to lynch you. Sorry, but who knew when we'd get another chance? :D

Rymuth

Oooo, didn't know we have a Mafia game on GAF.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. Bear in mind, I'm a total noob. :p

Top Bottom