• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

MattyG

Banned
Karkador and MattyG both ready ?
52ZxXnq.gif

CANT WAIT!
Not 100% ready (though Kark may be), hold on for a bit longer! I still need to nail my roles down and type up the thread (I'm hoping to do the former today and the latter tonight or tomorrow).

MattyG and Karkador, I hope you guys will have a newfound appreciation and sense of mercy on Crab once its YOU we're threatening to spitroast for late updates.

index.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Am I behind or ahead of schedule? D:

Ideally, I'd like the game to start on a Monday

That's a good target that we'll try to hit. I'm on the train home from London atm, but I'll look over your set one last time if you think it's finished when I get back, and hammer out some remaining things with MattyG.

Any updates?

If I understand what was said earlier, it looks like they're going to go for next Monday, I assume because Monday makes for an easier day to do mafia stuff.

Although I'll admit I don't see why Monday is important to start with, unless it's the best day for sorting the night actions. But if we stick with the 4d days and 2d nights that was eventually done in When Death is on the Line, then it won't line up on Monday every time.

Palmer_v1

If I understand what was said earlier, it looks like they're going to go for next Monday, I assume because Monday makes for an easier day to do mafia stuff.

Although I'll admit I don't see why Monday is important to start with, unless it's the best day for sorting the night actions. But if we stick with the 4d days and 2d nights that was eventually done in When Death is on the Line, then it won't line up on Monday every time.

Night actions were always 3 nights. Some ended quicker though.

If the games are ready and we're supposed to start on Monday, wouldn't it be best to start PMing people so we can start on time? Not exactly sure if it can be done on the same day.

Karkador

Banned
I'm trying to get everything done to have PMs and thread up by tonight, to officially start the first day sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

I'm trying to get everything done to have PMs and thread up by tonight, to officially start the first day sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

Are you not doing confirmation pms, with the 4 day confirm time, like Crab did?
With the shortened days, starting before everyone is ready could be disastrous.

Karkador

Banned
Are you not doing confirmation pms, with the 4 day confirm time, like Crab did?
With the shortened days, starting before everyone is ready could be disastrous.

Good catch, let's see if we can pull this off in a day. I just sent everyone on my list a check-in PM, just to poke them. I'll be sending role PMs later today. If anyone out there is interested in being on a waiting list to sub in for drop-outs, now is the time.

21 confirms so far (to be updated)

Here are the problem names so far:

EzekelRAGE - Doesn't accept PMs from users. I didn't even know this was a thing! If you want in and you're reading this, enable your PMs, as you certainly need them on to play.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Karkador's set is officially cleared and ready to go, so we're just waiting on MattyG's which is incredibly close. I'm free all this afternoon, so if he's online we can hopefully have it finished today and start sending out his confirmation PMs. The game should therefore start as soon as everyone has replied!

MattyG

Banned
Karkador's set is officially cleared and ready to go, so we're just waiting on MattyG's which is incredibly close. I'm free all this afternoon, so if he's online we can hopefully have it finished today and start sending out his confirmation PMs. The game should therefore start as soon as everyone has replied!
I'll post my final tweaks ASAP and then finish the flavor text.

Karkador

Banned
I'm at 21/23 people confirmed to be in, which is great, but we're short two people.

Still waiting on EzekelRAGE and SmokinGunZ1981 to come forward, so we can begin Role assignments.

If anyone would like to join the game, replacements are welcome. Two slots open if these two don't respond.

MattyG

Banned
Confirmation messages should be going out tonight or early tomorrow. So sorry for any delay, stuff's been busy this week. I hope you all find the waiting worth it!

Prepare yourselves.

Karkador

Banned
I've been notified that EzekelRAGE is out, so I'm considering dropping the other no-show and running at 21

Anyone wanna help me recruit players? :p

Razmos

There were 2 backups weren't there? Hippiehobo and someone else.
EDIT: Looks like there were more than that actually.

Hagi

I wouldn't mind playing if you still have open slots :p

Been awhile since I've played a mafia game on a forum.

Palmer_v1

I'm confirming that I'm ready to confirm my Role PM once I receive it, MattyG. Is Karkador's thread up yet? I wanna start trolling observing.

roytheone

Owh, I noticed this thread to late :( This sound like that Avalon game that Giantbomb occasionally plays, and that seems like a ton of fun. Is it too early to sign up for the next game already? ;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Owh, I noticed this thread to late :( This sound like that Avalon game that Giantbomb occasionally plays, and that seems like a ton of fun. Is it too early to sign up for the next game already? ;)

If you're lucky, you might just about sneak into this one. We'll stick you on the waiting list for now. It is similar-ish to Avalon, yeah - the two communities have a lot of overlap.

Confirmation messages should be going out tonight or early tomorrow. So sorry for any delay, stuff's been busy this week. I hope you all find the waiting worth it!

Prepare yourselves.

I'm looking forward to it! I'll be on a pretty long flight so depending on when you send the PMs, I may not be able to immediately respond, but I'll be able to get back to you some time tomorrow for sure.

Top Bottom