• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta Pre Orders Open Today | Collector's Edition Detailed

Draugoth

Gold Member
GPuxdOwa4AAvKwX

GPuxdxpbIAAvS9m

Actor and writer David Hayter introduced new mechanics and graphical improvements coming to Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater in the latest installment of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy video series.

Hayter touched on key features such as the new damage system that leaves battle scars on the main character as players progress through the game.

A New Style control and camera layout also offer intuitive controls for players accustomed to modern third-person action games. Plus, Hayter sat down with Producer Noriaki Okamura who has worked on the Metal Gear Solid series for several decades to discuss the new title and the future of the franchise.
“We left the gameplay, the story, and the voice cast of the original game as-is, but we had to bring the graphics and controls up to modern standards, all of which has changed over the years,” producer Noriaki Okamura said. “All of that has been updated, but the core game – and the creative vision of the original staff – none of those parts of the game have changed.”

The physical Collector’s Edition of Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater is now available for pre-order in the Americas and Europe.

COLLECTOR’S EDITION ITEMS:
  • The day one “Tactical Edition” of Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater
  • Miniature terrarium based on the iconic opening scene of Virtuous Mission where Naked Snake must recover his backpack snagged on a tree branch. Includes miniature Naked Snake figurine and tree stump with hanging bag.
  • A recreation of the fake identification badge Naked Snake uses to break into Groznyj Grad Northeast as a scientist.
  • High-quality stitched patch showing membership in the legendary FOX UNIT.
  • Unique rubber patch commemorating Naked Snake’s historic HALO parachute jump.
  • Beautiful retro style metal game case utilizing original Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater artwork.
TACTICAL EDITION:
The retail release of the day one “Tactical Edition” of Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater contains the full game plus additional unique digital items that will be announced at a later date.
Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater will be available for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Steam).

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
In for the Deluxe when ever it goes up.
Nothing yet 😕

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That terrarium looks super cool.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’d do the collectors if it was a digital code lol. I don’t have a physical ps5.

DeVeAn

These collector's editions... Buncha junk that never leaves the box or has no real use. Game looks amazing though.

Quantum253

I like Best Buy, but don't care for pre-ordering at the full price. Maybe Game Stop spoiled that. It's a cool looking CE though

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The terrarium seems so uninspired? Maybe I’m wrong. It’s cool if you own an actual snake or want a snake. It’s like someone was inspired by Etsy. lol I’ll definitely get one of those editions. That thing would look so out of place. It’s better than them releasing some poorly made statue where the face looks like some Chinese rip off you got off eBay.

Bond007

Bummed the Deluxe is EU only. I will be in Spain two days after release though- so i may try looking for it there, maybe i get lucky.

MiguelItUp

Wild that it went so fast, but it's not surprising, haha. Regardless if you're into the collector's or not, I think it's still awesome to see physical collector's editions happen when they do.

phant0m

I really wish more companies offered a Steel Book Edition for like 90 bucks. I'd buy lots of those.
I find it very amusing that this board has been so vocal about hating the new $70 "standard" price

but then publishers say "what if we put your plastic disc in a metal case for $20 more?"

Futurama Buy GIF

R6Rider

Gold Member
I find it very amusing that this board has been so vocal about hating the new $70 "standard" price

but then publishers say "what if we put your plastic disc in a metal case for $20 more?"

Futurama Buy GIF
Yeah it's crazy how some people are willing to pay for something they want.

BryceNobody

So annoyed they’ve limited the deluxe edition to the UK and collector’s addition to the U.S. That deluxe edition has exactly what I want (FOX patch, steelbook, etc.) but wouldn’t be accessible to purchase/download DLC with. I don’t need or have the shelf space for a terrarium lol

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Pre ordered collector’s edition on PS5 and Xbox!

I’ll play the PC version first for max settings and resolution (7900 XTX with large OLED).

Then PS5 for platinum and finally Xbox.

Can not wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom