• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

mortal

This looks to be coming along nicely, but still, not even a 2025 release window is strange.

I still have some reservations about this without any input from Kojima, but it could end up being good.
Wonder if they're recording any new dialogue or just remastering the audio from the original.

YCoCg

Gold Member
I'm really hoping we get an option for the original colour filter because right now everything just looks too clean and neutral, the PS2 era abused colour filters to help set the the mood and tone and seeing MGS3 without it's yellow overcast feels wrong.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's weird seeing these characters in super HD after seeing the PS2 versions for so many years. My mind just fills in the blanks and seeing the faces in HD feels uncomfortable. Like the way Snake's hair moves almost feels over the top, it's too HD.

Aside from that the lighting makes the whole thing feel kind of clinical and soulless.

Not sure how to feel about all this.

StueyDuck

there is something about the Unreal engine look that doesn't play nice with this game.

but I'm a dirty smelly metal gear fan so I'm probably going to play this either way

bender

What time is it?
I'm probably misremembering but I don't remember this from the original:

snakeeater.jpg

Also it seems like the combat roll in the scene before should have alerted the guard based on sound alone.

VulcanRaven

More on Tuesday:

This is far from everything we have to show you – all this week, the Official Xbox Podcast will air podcasts from Monday, June 10th, featuring discussions with developers and even deeper looks at some of the exciting games from the show. It all starts tomorrow with an extended gameplay look at Avowed, on Xbox’s YouTube channel and podcast services, followed by Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater on Tuesday.

clarky

Gold Member
Snake looked off, like he's been to Turkey for some graft or something. I dunno just doesn't look like Snake to me.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Looks like MGS3, but with modern graphics. Considering MGS3 is one of the greatest games of all time, I am all in. Just depends on if they censor shit out for some dumbass reason.

Killer8

The Konami redemption arc continues.

It reminds me a lot of the pachinko game but fully realized as a game. Snake kind of looks like a young Sean Bean, which sort of makes some sense in my head given that his clone, Liquid Snake, is basically Sean Bean:

9Ai0X3t.jpeg

As long as they nail the visuals across the whole game and the new additions from The Phantom Pain like third-person aiming and crouch walking are implemented without breaking any of the game balance, this is going to be pretty good.

Bartski

Gold Member
I don't have an issue with anything shown here.
I mean, the worst-case scenario we'll be getting a reality check on how well those 20 year old systems hold up with a new coat of paint, of what many still consider Kojima's best game ever.
It's only when Konami starts "fixing" systems that aged the worst that things can really go downhill

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
the worst-case scenario we'll be getting a reality check on how well those 20 year old systems hold up with a new coat of paint
If the game's still being dicksucked 20 years later i think it's clear that they hold up well. No one's giving this much attention to games that aged like shit

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A MGS game without Kojima feels like it's lacking something in this trailer. Maybe it's "soul?"

Or, probably just the lack of shaky cam and soap opera effect.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm probably misremembering but I don't remember this from the original:

snakeeater.jpg

Also it seems like the combat roll in the scene before should have alerted the guard based on sound alone.

This is in the original game as well. And I'm pretty sure the roll doesn't alert guards in the original either.

So far this looks like a 1:1 adaptation, including cutscene direction and original voice lines.

Soodanim

I didn't know they were reusing the old voice work, that's perfect. Can't wait to see if the new designs match the voices, especially Lori Alan's.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
This is in the original game as well. And I'm pretty sure the roll doesn't alert guards in the original either.

So far this looks like a 1:1 adaptation, including cutscene direction and original voice lines.

Is that shot the area where you first meet revolver Ocelot? I don't remember the beams.

bender

What time is it?
Yeah you go there twice, first when you rescue Sokolov, and later when you meet EVA and Ocelot.

Right. I just don't remember being to balancing act on beams with that vantage point. Probably my memory chips failing me.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Training for the team to make their own games next after successfully recreating one of the greats. Noice.

Killer8

Konami upload, JP voice over.

The most exciting thing about this is potentially being able to play in JP voices with EN subs for the first time (the subs won't match up with the JP but being able to hear the voices is good enough).

DelireMan7

Looks like a 1 to 1 "remake". Excited but also cautious.
Demon's Souls remake was a bit weird for me due to that.

But MGS3 OG was extremely good for me so might be good.

The boss face is a bit weird.
In OG she was badass and beautiful woman at the same time. Here she just looks tough.

leizzra

The problem is that the game tries to be more realistic yet true to original. So in the end it’s this stylized realism. I don’t think it’s a good idea for this game. Also the animations are mimicking the original ones ( or are they from PS2?). I don’t know, it feels a bit cheap especially with the VO.

OrangeSun77

Neo Member
The modeling of the faces is ok, the problem is going to be the facial expressions and mouth movements when the characters speak, it is a PS2 game with PS5 graphics, it is something quite strange, I wish it had the faces from Death Stranding 2 but it is asking too much of Konami, this and Silent Hill 2, although they are not perfect, putting these sagas in the headlines again is a very positive thing and I hope both projects turn out well, especially Metal Gear, an industry without Metal Gear is depressing.

Top Bottom