• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
This looked far more solid than I thought.
200w.gif

Brigandier

OMFG it's just not green enough, Without the 20 year old piss and snot filter it just totally fails to capture the feel and tone of the original, Totally soulless it looks fan made... No Kojima No buy.

Clearly being sarcastic I think it looks great and the faces are fine, The hate is strong here, I bet if Kojima was involved it would all of a sudden look incredible and look perfect for today's games and be day zero.

Looks way better than Silent Hill 2 remake. Just replace The Boss with the Pachinko model and we're good!

tumblr_od2z3bNvBu1tt3wuco2_500.png

Now while we wait for this Konami can you please patch in the Japanese Voices with English subtitles for the Master Collection?! Akio Ōtsuka's voice is too good! I wanna experience the entire Metal Gear series Undubbed!

YCoCg

Gold Member
OMFG it's just not green enough, Without the 20 year old piss and snot filter it just totally fails to capture the feel and tone of the original, Totally soulless it looks fan made... No Kojima No buy.

Clearly being sarcastic I think it looks great and the faces are fine, The hate is strong here, I bet if Kojima was involved it would all of a sudden look incredible and look perfect for today's games and be day zero.
No offense but this is a bit of a retard take, colour grading is important, right now it looks like stock. These filters on the originals helped enhance the directors intent, with Kojima going for a hazy western vibe in some scenes (such as the Ocelot fight).

To bring up another example, look at the shit GTA remakes, they ditched the colour grading and now all three games near enough look the same atmosphere wise!

Killer8

This is currently one of the highest viewed trailers from the showcase:

METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER - 118k
Gears of War: E-Day - 192k
STALKER 2 - 41K
Assassins Creed Shadows - 69K
Avowed - 47K
Indiana Jones - 45k
MSF 2024 - 70k
Fable - 137k
Perfect Dark - 107k
South of Midnight - 32k
Dragon Age - 42k
Doom: The Dark Ages - 84k
State of Decay 3 - 68k
COD - 54k

The algorithm probably needs time to balance things but the likes ratio is also promising:

4Woz5LR.png

The people yearn for the Metal Gear.

Brigandier

No offense but this is a bit of a retard take, colour grading is important, right now it looks like stock. These filters on the originals helped enhance the directors intent, with Kojima going for a hazy western vibe in some scenes (such as the Ocelot fight).

To bring up another example, look at the shit GTA remakes, they ditched the colour grading and now all three games near enough look the same atmosphere wise!

Fair comments I'm just a bit fed up with the constant hate, negativity and total nonsense from people.

I do agree that I'd prefer a darker green filter that looks similar to the original kinda like what someone posted above.

Yoboman

Gold Member
How do you screw up the faces so bad? We literally have high end models to base them on in the Pachinko game and MGS5

VulcanRaven

I have been rewatching the trailer in 4K and its amazing. The clothing textures look very impressive.

Last edited:

Color grading and similar stylistic choices will forever be somehow ascribed to "technical limitations" or some other nonsense. Just like anything that isn't auto-tuned and processed to hell and back in music right now is deemed "retro" or similar. It's not. It was used for a reason and by people that understand what makes games tick a million times more than any of us do.

Vice City is a great example. Game looks warm and hazy due to the filters, it's a way to get the place across visually. It's not like people hit some filter button accidentally for a decade abd someone finally realized it and saw the light.

whatup

Looks like a totally soulless new coat of paint. None of the artistry or attention to detail that, love him or hate him, defines Kojima's work. It's akin to the Disney live-action remake of Lion King.

dcx4610

Looks good but I'm a little annoyed that this is gaming now - just replay great games of the past with better graphics instead of creating new IPs.

YCoCg

Gold Member
This cutscene was released from another build where it looks like the colour grading is turned on, curious as to why they're not showing this off in the main trailers

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
That was some soulless garbage compared to Kojima’s trailers.

Its crazy, but you can literally tell the difference from a well directed trailer to a poorly directed one.

I won't go as far as to say "soulless", but its clear it could be better directed to add more to the story.
I wish Metal Gear Solid would leave out the supernatural elements. I feel like that detracts from the game.

Nahhhh those elements are part of that universe way too much. So it can't "detract" from the game, it literally is the game...

People's arms doing mind control
People who can speak to the dead
People who can read minds

All that shit is part of the IP in some form and removing that is take a lot away from that universe. The weirdness of things makes the IP what it is.

Such a strange post. How did you even get through the Psycho Mantis boss fight then? The super natural elements are part of the series' DNA.
^ This.

giphy.gif

Gambit2483

Looks like a totally soulless new coat of paint. None of the artistry or attention to detail that, love him or hate him, defines Kojima's work. It's akin to the Disney live-action remake of Lion King.
MGS3 was already damn near perfect. Also It looks like they updated the controls and a few minor gameplay elements. That's good enough for me.

I'd rather they go this route than try (and miserably fail) to completely remake it without Kojima at the helm.

Top Bottom