• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta New Trailer | Xbox Showcase 2024

Gambit2483

GPumYCYXcAAf_A8

GPumYCCXoAArOij

Any indication if this is coming to NA?

Killer8

In this video they mention that this team at Konami want to continue with the franchise IF the fans are happy with it and have asked fans to be honest with feedback, if this is a hit they might remake other MGS games with the same team.

Video confirms the deluxe editions will be a worldwide release. It also uses the music people were concerned about being cut, so i'd say chances are very high it will be in the remake.

Last edited:

sachos

Surprised Sony did not have this on their show. Its looking way better than expected. So excited for it.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Surprised Sony did not have this on their show. Its looking way better than expected. So excited for it.
Sony knows it will sell more on their platform so they weren't pressed to have it appear in their state of play. Especially since they already had Silent Hill 2 remake (an actual console exclusive) showing up.

VulcanRaven

Video confirms the deluxe editions will be a worldwide release. It also uses the music people were concerned about being cut, so i'd say chances are very high it will be in the remake.
This is the melody many are concerned about being cut. I don't hear it in the video:

Last edited:
It's not the main theme, what the fuck man?

This is:

So, you conveniently ignored the literal same fucking main theme (with timestamps) in that very post you quoted and handpicked only the MGS4 version in that post of mine, to suit your argument.

I first posted that very same link which is in your post, and removed/edited it because the channel owner doesn't allow YouTube embeds on other sites (just like it doesn't show up on your post now), and replaced it with the SAME track from a different channel. What the fuck? It's the main theme, re-arranged, and don't pretend to not see that I posted this before you, AGAIN.

Read the post again:

Yes, that music is another rendition/re-arrangement of the main theme by Williams, before Forsell and Williams, both, discarded it in V. William didn't use it in PW too.

The one you keep saying it's the main theme from MGS4 (long after the plagiarism was discovered) only has the original sequences from the Snake Eater theme (which is a combination of original MGS theme and new melody) with everything related to the MGS main theme (which i linked) removed.

Correction, I kept saying and still keep on saying, that it's a rearrangement of the main theme, then dubbed "Metal Gear Saga" in the OST of MGS4, and no, everything related to the main theme (which I linked before you) was not removed, because that's why it's a re-arrangement.

And it doesn't matter if now it's war and Japan is on this side, because when MGS4 was released there was no war.

The fuck are you on about? I was talking about NOW, IN 2024 (or 2025, when Delta is going to release or even the 2023 Master Collection where the theme was used), not during MGS4's launch in 2008.

Why? Because you literally said there "ARE" legal issues regardless of other factors and went on to make delusional takes like "Konami secured a deal back then to allow them to use in other re-release" without any source.

There are legal issues regardless of other factors, but i think Konami secured a deal back then, allowing them to use it in other re-releases of existing games that had the theme (MGS1, 2 and 3).

'Are' - Present-tense
'Were' - Past-tense

This is not some stupid internet grammar nazi shit, it changes the entire meaning in a convo/debate.

The Master Collection, The Legacy Collection, The HD Collection, single release SKU's of MGS on PSN, GOG etc, all have the theme intact, and no legal issues and "other factors" are at play here. Your hallucinations are not reality. Konami has no deal with anyone.

The only hope is for the original deal to somehow cover this remake, just as it covers all HD remasters.

There is NO "original deal". Those are your empty phantoms, projecting your head canons. If there is a "deal", post the deal with a verifiable source, and I'll stand corrected.

I mentioned Japan as a western ally and the current war in Ukraine, because most trade has been cut with Russia from most countries on the planet (not just the west) fearing western retaliations through sanctions, which may lead to inflations.

In this dire situation, no country gives a single fuck about a plagiarized theme claiming copyright and seeking damages, let alone if it is from a Russian.

Look, I'm not damage controlling the plagiarization or downplaying. What Tappy did in the 90's was bad, and the team and Kojima did not know that post the release of MGS3. The theme became associated with the game and fans, and become a beloved one at that. Sviridov, or his family if they choose to pursue legal proceedings on his behalf, have every right to do so and claim damages, because it is blatant plagiarization, period. There are no two ways about it. But I'm just telling you that they can't do that currently because most countries don't give a fuck about Russian rights or copyrights being infringed.

RaduN

So, you conveniently ignored the literal same fucking main theme (with timestamps) in that very post you quoted and handpicked only the MGS4 version in that post of mine, to suit your argument.

I first posted that very same link which is in your post, and removed/edited it because the channel owner doesn't allow YouTube embeds on other sites (just like it doesn't show up on your post now), and replaced it with the SAME track from a different channel. What the fuck? It's the main theme, re-arranged, and don't pretend to not see that I posted this before you, AGAIN.

Read the post again:

Correction, I kept saying and still keep on saying, that it's a rearrangement of the main theme, then dubbed "Metal Gear Saga" in the OST of MGS4, and no, everything related to the main theme (which I linked before you) was not removed, because that's why it's a re-arrangement.

The fuck are you on about? I was talking about NOW, IN 2024 (or 2025, when Delta is going to release or even the 2023 Master Collection where the theme was used), not during MGS4's launch in 2008.

Why? Because you literally said there "ARE" legal issues regardless of other factors and went on to make delusional takes like "Konami secured a deal back then to allow them to use in other re-release" without any source.

'Are' - Present-tense
'Were' - Past-tense

This is not some stupid internet grammar nazi shit, it changes the entire meaning in a convo/debate.

The Master Collection, The Legacy Collection, The HD Collection, single release SKU's of MGS on PSN, GOG etc, all have the theme intact, and no legal issues and "other factors" are at play here. Your hallucinations are not reality. Konami has no deal with anyone.

There is NO "original deal". Those are your empty phantoms, projecting your head canons. If there is a "deal", post the deal with a verifiable source, and I'll stand corrected.

I mentioned Japan as a western ally and the current war in Ukraine, because most trade has been cut with Russia from most countries on the planet (not just the west) fearing western retaliations through sanctions, which may lead to inflations.

In this dire situation, no country gives a single fuck about a plagiarized theme claiming copyright and seeking damages, let alone if it is from a Russian.

Look, I'm not damage controlling the plagiarization or downplaying. What Tappy did in the 90's was bad, and the team and Kojima did not know that post the release of MGS3. The theme became associated with the game and fans, and become a beloved one at that. Sviridov, or his family if they choose to pursue legal proceedings on his behalf, have every right to do so and claim damages, because it is blatant plagiarization, period. There are no two ways about it. But I'm just telling you that they can't do that currently because most countries don't give a fuck about Russian rights or copyrights being infringed.
You are either completely delusional or you simply are missing both your ears. MGS saga theme from 4, has zero melody from original MGS theme. Absolutely Zero. There is no re-arrangement of the original theme there. None. After Subsistence, the MGS theme was never used, in any shape or form for a new game, only for the existing games, in form of re-releases.

I'm sorry for you either way.

whatup

MGS3 was already damn near perfect. Also It looks like they updated the controls and a few minor gameplay elements. That's good enough for me.

I'd rather they go this route than try (and miserably fail) to completely remake it without Kojima at the helm.
Fair, it just deserves better.

KOMANI

KOMANI
You are either completely delusional or you simply are missing both your ears. MGS saga theme from 4, has zero melody from original MGS theme. Absolutely Zero. There is no re-arrangement of the original theme there. None. After Subsistence, the MGS theme was never used, in any shape or form for a new game, only for the existing games, in form of re-releases.

wasn't it used for a portable ops trailer?

Yoboman

Gold Member
Ah we are talking about the MGS theme..this moment in time is definitely on my list of things to go back and stop when I get a time machine

e2thdO0.jpeg

STOP YOU FOOL

Also it always annoyed me what pussies Konami were about the whole thing. Pay the royalties, say it was an inspiration or a sample, or tell the original composer to go fuck himself

Ah we are talking about the MGS theme..this moment in time is definitely on my list of things to go back and stop when I get a time machine

e2thdO0.jpeg

STOP YOU FOOL

Also it always annoyed me what pussies Konami were about the whole thing. Pay the royalties, say it was an inspiration or a sample, or tell the original composer to go fuck himself
Right? Like the whole character of snake is plagiarized from Kurt Russell's escape movies what's the big deal?

Last edited:

zokie

Gold Member
i will give MGS Snake Eater U5 aka Unreal 5 a try when i get a PS5 in future

Random : twin snakes remastered on switch please , or the next nintendo console

Last edited:

People are misremembering I think and not realizing that Harry Gregson Williams compositions for MGS3, while they do evoke the main theme, don't actually use direct compositional threads from the main theme.

It doesn't matter that 3's music sounds similar to themes from the main theme. It doesn't matter that they are inspired by the main theme. They aren't the main theme and therefore can be used anywhere without any royalty conflict.

RaduN

Right? Like the whole character of snake is plagiarized from Kurt Russell's escape movies what's the big deal?
In the case of Solid Snake being inspired by (clone of 😉) Snake Plisken, we at least have a definitive answer from the latter's creator (Carpenter was perfectly fine with Solid Snake's existance).

wasn't it used for a portable ops trailer?

Yeah, completely forgot about this trailer. I think it was released before the russians did that dirty one to Kojima. Certainly around that time anyway.

kingwingin

In this video they mention that this team at Konami want to continue with the franchise IF the fans are happy with it and have asked fans to be honest with feedback, if this is a hit they might remake other MGS games with the same team.

Does the legacy option have proper Color grading or am I seeing things?

Its very clear they forgot to add Snake's eyeliner. Some of the foiliage could use work. I saw 1 very geometric plant.

They are doing a deep dive soon on the Xbox Yt channel.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They confirmed in that new interview that you can use a color filter to make it look like the original. I wonder if its only in the classic camera mode.
He did say that the Legacy Mode applies the Classic filter so.
I also like his interview with Hayter, it seems he legitimately cares about the series and promises to improve the Master Collection and Delta is just the beginning.
And also he said he wanted feedback from fans and to keep them honest.
I like that.
He also has been working on Kojima's games from all the way back to Policenauts.

Bond007

My fav series all time.
Was bummed they went with 3 over 1
Hype while high was so so

After this trailer im really excited to replay and get back to my favorite series.
They had my money anyway- but this looks great to me. Im still hoping MGS1 is what is next.

RAIDEN1

For me personally I am happy with the HD collection from the Xbox 360 days, and besides instead of a retread of a story which we all know how it ends, they should have used Metal Gear 3 as an inspiration/template to form the basis of Metal Gear 6, abandon the free-roam formula and look at what made this game great, adopt that for the next installment, with the fancy graphics....

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'd love to see MG1 and 2 remade.
It's logical given they said wanted to "begin" with MGS3 because it's the first in story.
I don't think Peace Maker & MGSV will get a Remake.
But I can see MG1/2 & MGS1/2 and maybe 4

Denton

Looks fantastic. God I hope it is as good as it looks and then they do MGS1 and 2 as well in this fidelity. This trilogy is so good, and deserves it.

Top Bottom