• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Sandfox

The Blazers twitter account made fun of Parsons for airballing a 3 pointer so he tweeted "good luck in the lottery" as a reply lol

HOOOOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Speaking of NBA twitters, the must follow accounts are:
Jojo Embiid, Evan Turner, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trailblazers, maybe Boring Jabari Parker. They're all must haves

Taste of some of ET's twitter:
https://twitter.com/thekidet/status/825240228713476096
https://twitter.com/thekidet/status/824774537858338816
https://twitter.com/thekidet/status/824796752251228160

2017 NBA DRAFT: RANKING TOP PROSPECTS BY LONG-TERM POTENTIAL

what a year to have a top pick, thank you billy king. even if we lose out on the 1st pick (like always) we should get a star.

I know nothing about draft's potentials and I'm always a bit doubtful about the "this one is the one" (it seems like i read this almost every year) but it makes me sad that there's a possible strong draft class, the bulls had everything to have a great tank season (young coach, got rid of old players, the possibility to hype their star, who will be old when they get decent, to trade high) and they were able to completely fuck it up.

76er's hype is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes Embiid has been fantastic but that's one pick in the last 4 years of tanking that have been great. Noel has been up and down, Okafor sucks and Simmons hasn't played yet.

I'm looking at those 13-16 drafts and they did very well. Noel at 6, Embiid at 3, Saric at 12, Simmons everyone says he is awesome. They mostly fucked up the 15 one, but it doesn't seem like a great class. And looking at the other years, they picked better than the ones before them. Yeah they could have picked guys like C.J. McCollum or Giannis, but I really don't see many players in those classes obviously better than the picks they got.

And Hinkie seemed to know that relevancy is to actually be competitive in the future. And you don't get an Embiid every draft. Or at least are able to pick him up. It's really a process of iterations and they tried to amass as much value as they could until they hit the jackpot.

Just look at the Hornets. Bobcats had this lousy mediocre team with Wallace, Diaw, etc and they tore it apart (they were going nowhere), became terrible, played the tank and got Kemba, Mkg, Zeller, Vonleh, Kaminsky. That one is a shit process (the were also unlucky not getting the first choice in AD's year) cause they are ending up exactly where they started. Mediocre 1st round exit in the east.

76er's hype is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes Embiid has been fantastic but that's one pick in the last 4 years of tanking that have been great. Noel has been up and down, Okafor sucks and Simmons hasn't played yet.

They're really playing well since the beginning of 2017, there is a future in those kid it's easy to see

ViciousDS

Banned
anyway bulls can land Rubio while getting rid of Rondo and Mirotic. We need better defense and at least someone who can shoot better than the shit that is Mirotic

anyway bulls can land Rubio while getting rid of Rondo and Mirotic. We need better defense and at least someone who can shoot better than the shit that is Mirotic

Not sure that Rubio helps the Bulls. Their spacing is terrible, they need shooters. Rubio is the opposite of that.

Chase17

This is the most asinine thing to ever happen. No coach is going to get the fear of death put into them by Paul Milsapp. Paul Milsapp is a very good player, but Embiid is just a way better player.

I'm actually somewhat glad Embiid won't play due to his injury concerns, but this is absolutely bonkers by NBA coaches.

How will you feel when Jaylen Brown is crowned rookie of the year

/s

Sandfox

I know nothing about draft's potentials and I'm always a bit doubtful about the "this one is the one" (it seems like i read this almost every year) but it makes me sad that there's a possible strong draft class, the bulls had everything to have a great tank season (young coach, got rid of old players, the possibility to hype their star, who will be old when they get decent, to trade high) and they were able to completely fuck it up.

I'm looking at those 13-16 drafts and they did very well. Noel at 6, Embiid at 3, Saric at 12, Simmons everyone says he is awesome. They mostly fucked up the 15 one, but it doesn't seem like a great class. And looking at the other years, they picked better than the ones before them. Yeah they could have picked guys like C.J. McCollum or Giannis, but I really don't see many players in those classes obviously better than the picks they got.

And Hinkie seemed to know that relevancy is to actually be competitive in the future. And you don't get an Embiid every draft. Or at least are able to pick him up. It's really a process of iterations and they tried to amass as much value as they could until they hit the jackpot.

Just look at the Hornets. Bobcats had this lousy mediocre team with Wallace, Diaw, etc and they tore it apart (they were going nowhere), became terrible, played the tank and got Kemba, Mkg, Zeller, Vonleh, Kaminsky. That one is a shit process (the were also unlucky not getting the first choice in AD's year) cause they are ending up exactly where they started. Mediocre 1st round exit in the east.

This year's draft is deep.

Rubio???
Ahahaha.
The shitty Bulls management should actually be applauded for not dealing Butler to the Wolves for their pick and Rubio.

Knicks and Clippers are deeeeeep in trade convos about Melo. Melo will only get rid of his NTC for Boston, Cleveland, or LAC. First 2 rejected. Clippers don't have to get rid of any of their big 3 or Reddick for Melo.

Iirc trading Raymond Felton and Austin Rivers as part of the trade worries the Clippers because of their PG depth hahahahaha

Oscar Schmidt is gonna be in the NBA Celebrity All Star game. Pretty awesome, given that he's so legendary for the international scene for basketball.

yk3EzOF.png

It's so fucking ridiculous that this is even a question that has to happen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
yk3EzOF.png

It's so fucking ridiculous that this is even a question that has to happen.

I hate this country right now.

Edit- tough to look cool while changing subject here, but on a lighter note , I'm loving jaylen in the starting lineup. He's more in the flow of the offense there rather than being stuck with the shit bench unit. He moves the ball great and his stroke already looks significantly improved.

Top Bottom