• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Boogs31

Like, what argument is there? Milsapps team is good? Put Milsapp on the Sixers roster and are they winning as many games as the Sixers have won?

Yes with Noel (who is also a terrific rim protector) getting more minutes at center and Millsap at power forward the Sixers would be better. Millsap is averaging more rebounds, assists, and steals and is averaging 2 points less than Embiid. And the hawks are good almost exclusively because of Millsap's two way play. Once you factor in that Millsap has played 43 games to Embiid's 30 and also impacts the game on defense for an additional 10 minutes a night I really don't get why you consider this such a travesty.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jaylen is really getting into the flow the past few games. He's getting some ticky tack fouls called, but he's moving the ball really well, which I love. Sometimes straight line drivers get tunnel vision, but he's sho n some playmaking ability. He's also really taking advantage of his size creating mismatches in the post. Has way more confidence in his shot too.

Edit-
Brown starting.

2nd game in a row.

2017 NBA DRAFT: RANKING TOP PROSPECTS BY LONG-TERM POTENTIAL

what a year to have a top pick, thank you billy king. even if we lose out on the 1st pick (like always) we should get a star.

Josh Jackson was born to be a Celtic.

Actually he's the guy i kind of covet if the Lakers keep their pick. Monster athlete, long, and seems to project well defensively from the college game (great block and steal numbers for a wing). Only problem is his shot is nonexistent. He and Ingram together could make life miserable for opposing backcourts. Plus he has the same name as the Dawson's Creek guy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Actually he's the guy i kind of covet if the Lakers keep their pick. Monster athlete, long, and seems to project well defensively from the college game (great block and steal numbers for a wing). Only problem is his shot is nonexistent. He and Ingram together could make life miserable for opposing backcourts. Plus he has the same name as the Dawson's Creek guy.

I like him, but he reminds me of mkg a lot. That shot is as broken as they get.

scoobs

He's awesome at everything else though. If he was an elite shooter we'd be looking at the no.1 pick by a mile. Its just such a terrible looking shot, I really wonder if he'll ever be a consistent shooter.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's awesome at everything else though. If he was an elite shooter we'd be looking at the no.1 pick by a mile. Its just such a terrible looking shot, I really wonder if he'll ever be a consistent shooter.

He apparently struggles to create as well. Fultz is the guy, I want him on the celts so bad.

Bread

Banned

Does he have a future as a small ball PF? We could survive with his lack of shooting if we had his playmaking abilities at that spot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Does he have a future as a small ball PF? We could survive with his lack of shooting if we had his playmaking abilities at that spot.

I just don't see a need for a player like that in this league unless he's willing to take that role and less money. From the sounds of it he's not a great scorer and he can't shoot in a shooters league. Reminds me of justice Winslow.

Bread

Banned
I just don't see a need for a player like that in this league unless he's willing to take that role and less money. From the sounds of it he's not a great scorer and he can't shoot in a shooters league. Reminds me of justice Winslow.
Seems like a pretty negative view of his potential. Winslow may also be an athletic wing without a jumper but Jackson is better at every other facet of the game.

Just checked and Noel and Embiid as basically never in the same line-ups, isn't that worth at least giving a shot? Or am I missing something? They're different players with different skills and Embiid has some kind of outside shot. The potential on defense by these two guys together is ridiculous. And even if it doesn't work, it's at least a good shot enough to try it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Seems like a pretty negative view of his potential. Winslow may also be an athletic wing without a jumper but Jackson is better at every other facet of the game.

He's also not a great scorer though. He's got a lot of potential, but his broken shot really hamstrings him and his lack of creating for himself is concerning.

Bread

Banned
Just checked and Noel and Embiid as basically never in the same line-ups, isn't that worth at least giving a shot? Or am I missing something? They're different players with different skills and Embiid has some kind of outside shot. The potential on defense by these two guys together is ridiculous. And even if it doesn't work, it's at least a good shot enough to try it.
They're different players with different skills that guard the same position. A small ball lineup would destroy them.
He's also not a great scorer though. He's got a lot of potential, but his broken shot really hamstrings him and his lack of creating for himself is concerning.
Right but he does have great playmaking abilities though. I'm not advocating for him with the first or second pick (I'd rather have Isaac, Ball, or Fultz) but I wouldn't be upset at all with what's left for us at 4. Such a great year for the draft, I can't wait to see all these guys in the NBA next year.

They're different players with different skills that guard the same position. A small ball lineup would destroy them.

Yeah, you're right and it probably wouldn't work but Noel has such good instincts and I don't even think he's that slow all things considered, he had a great block on Harden in the 1st quarter. It could work. Probably wouldn't. But why not risk it, I don't think Philly has a legit chance at reaching the post-season this year anyway.

At least we know Okafor sucks playing with Embiid.

Bread

Banned
Holy shit the Celtics are up 40 without Hortford

What a bust, $30 million? Bullshit, fuck that choker, he's the worst etc etc

scoobs

This will be one of those things we look back on and just shake our heads. Paul Milsap isn't in the same stratosphere as Embiid.

TTG

The clowns at ESPN and the NBA front office can fuck right off, Hinkie created one of the most fun teams to watch, that crowd knows what's up. Steps to domination for the Sixers:

1. Dump Okafor at any cost.
2. Nurse Simmons back to health.
3. Learn to play on something besides youthful exuberance.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
First time sitting down to watch Embiid. Wow. This guy is impressive. Hope he stays healthy.

pislit

Heat with 6 in a row. They need to stop winning or we won't get a good pick on this draft! (Yes, I'm embracing the tank).

Kids these days with all this loser mentality going all in for the tank, back in my days this behavio--

oh wait, Duncan and the Spurs lol

76er's hype is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes Embiid has been fantastic but that's one pick in the last 4 years of tanking that have been great. Noel has been up and down, Okafor sucks and Simmons hasn't played yet.

76er's hype is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes Embiid has been fantastic but that's one pick in the last 4 years of tanking that have been great. Noel has been up and down, Okafor sucks and Simmons hasn't played yet.

Covington, saric, Noel. He'll, maybe even TJ McConnel

Noel has been injured yes, he's also been a quality value pick

They are just a fun story, after the last few seasons, and Embiid is a compelling personality. It's not "hype".

Top Bottom