• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

JCX

Always thought my tastes didn't really match up with a lot of people here. I'm only interested in 2 of the top ten and 3 of the top 20.

random25

Wouldn't have made Top 20 anyway. Most people were sensible enough to leave it off their lists because it has zilch chance of making it this year.

Yeah. Did mention that in my observations. Though with the demo release this year and with obvious anticipation for it I thought it should have been considered in the counting somehow. To be clear, I didn't vote for it
if I remember my vote correctly :p

Shinobi made a good call on that, though. Thing's not releasing next year for sure. People still voted for it. FFXV was being mentioned quite a bit.

Next year's list ought to be interesting. I expect FFXV to be in the top 3.

If it ever gets a 2016 release date that is :p But yeah, I just thought that after seeing some of the votes that had FFXV on it I somehow expected it to appear even if not valid. Good job, OP!

Game4life

Banned
Quantum Break is generic? Idk if you've seen the 16 minute gameplay vid on it or not but from what i've seen I wouldn't call it generic.

I saw the 16 min gameplay demo. Basically Krakn3Dfx summarized it well

I remember being super excited for Alan Wake and then playing the game, which was "shine flashlight, shoot, rinse repeat", 1 concept used constantly over and over again and never evolving beyond what you were doing in the first half an hour of the game in any substantial way.

When I watched that demo for Quantum Break, it felt like the real possibility that they could be falling into that same routine all over again, which would be pretty disappointing but not really surprising.

The game so far has not shown some inventive and fluid combat options. It looks fine but yeah I dont think it is doing anything a whole lot better than the Order in terms of combat.

Purest 78

Is the Halo brand tarnished, or was its popularity overblown? It's the only one that shocked me not being in the top ten.

Halo's importance has been overstated for years imo. The generation that grew up with halo it's still very important. The younger generation that grew up with cod Couldn't careless about it.

Hnng but I swear I saw MGSV 1 on like every list

last-us-interview-neil-druckmann.jpg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I don't understand these whiny posts. What is wrong with people voting for Uncharted or The Order?

Yea I find it a bit weird too. The Order is a surprise sure, but Uncharted is among the most popular franchises on GAF, with UC4 being a sequel to the 2009 GOTY.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm a bit disappointed by a few of them. Uncharted 4? The Order? Wtf.

Seemed Like MGSV, XB and Zelda were going to take the top 3 at first.

Meh...those are okay, the real disappointment for me was no Battlefront in the top 10. Understandable since we know next to nothing about it.

daveo42

Banned
I haven't seen much info other than how procedural generation will create an infinite universe. But I cannot see how a team so small can create a game with enough art assets to make it truly seem infinite. Nor do I understand how they can create many meaningful missions or write much of a story. I hope there's more to it.

And maybe it isn't a story game, but rather a space sandbox. That's cool, but when all the other games on this list are fleshed out experiences, it makes this Random Planet Generator seem hollow in comparison.

Feel free to brush up on the media out there about the game to help inform your opinion of the game. This is a good place to start.

At its heart it is much more about exploring a galaxy and unpacking its and your own personal story. There is a story there, but what we know about it now is very limited. Most of what we do know is that there's something at the center of the galaxy and there are forces who are trying to impede your progress to help maintain balance.

How the hell did Halo 5 not make the top 10? That's ridiculous, and yes I know MCC had issues but it's Halo.

Halo.

---

I love Druckmann and Straley but I do hope NG builds another Team 2 with another lead game designer and director/writer. Give new guys a chance, maybe we will be lucky enough to have Druckman 2.0 & Straley 2.0. This is probably worth a topic of discussion because I get the impression these two are going to be leading U4 and the next game, that means leading 3 games in a row all which will interlap with at least one other game that's being made.

VinFTW

How the hell did Halo 5 not make the top 10? That's ridiculous, and yes I know MCC had issues but it's Halo.

Halo.

We've already explained this last page :p

Just the symptom of a larger PS4/Wii U/PC fanbase on GAF. Nothing wrong with it. Of course, I don't help... I wasn't around to vote :/ It's my #1.

unless ME4 is this year

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Meh...those are okay, the real disappointment for me was no Battlefront in the top 10. Understandable since we know next to nothing about it.

Even if it's awful it will still likely be my GOTY next year.

Schryver

Halo is dead. Now that I'm further into Dark Souls I wish Bloodborne could have been number 1 but still awesome to see it so high. Hype!

Razzorn34

The Alpha might have left a bad taste in people's mouth. I went from "hype" to "wait and see."

Yes. Many of us got into Alpha. It's good looking at it from the outside, but once you play it, you realize how shallow it actually is. It would be a fun multiplayer mode for an existing game, but not a $60 standalone title.

VinFTW

Halo is dead. Now that I'm further into Dark Souls I wish Bloodborne could have been number 1 but still awesome to see it so high. Hype!

Lmao, sigh, okay guy...

Also, Rime is high up! That's awesome. That's one of my most anticipated PS4 games. Seriously can't wait for it.

Some of you are acting like these games are going to get a physical trophy for being on this list. Someone even said that a game was robbed from being on this list because of The Order. Robbed? Of what, exactly? Internet points?

This is a really fun idea. To poll such a MASSIVE userbase and count up all the points is no small effort. It basically allows you to apply a fanbo-- erm, hype meter to each game :)

I also saw someone say something along the lines of "GAF hyped about Sony games is not surprising." I think you'd get similar results just about everywhere. There's something like 8-10 million more PS4's in peoples' homes than there are XBones. It's hard to be hyped about games you don't have the system for. That's why I only included PC games on my list.

So yeah, cool thread. Looking forward to the GOTY results :)

Salex_

It's funny to see people have meltdowns over the results. 7/10 of the top 10 are likely to be ~85+ MC and GOTY contenders based on track records and the staff behind the upcoming games. The top 7 also has strong and active fan bases.

I'd say the results are fine. Don't be mad if your personal most anticipated games aren't more popular than the top 10. There's really only #8, 9, and 10 that's up for replacements, realistically speaking.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, Shin! You're awesome for having done that. At least many people didn't write much for the list.

DKHF

Didn't register in time to vote but good list, looking forward to all but MGS, Xenoblade and Persona because I haven't played those series.

Sydle

Uncharted 4 and Zelda are the only games in the top 10 I'm highly anticipating, and I'd put Zelda above Uncharted.

I can't believe The Order made it in the top 10.

sora87

I'm a bit disappointed by a few of them. Uncharted 4? The Order? Wtf.

Seemed Like MGSV, XB and Zelda were going to take the top 3 at first.

I can kinda understand the question mark over The Order, but Uncharted 4, nah. That series is one of the most popular in gaming and Naughty Dog are god tier.

Percy

Banned
Not surprised at Uncharted 4 being at the top... or Bloodborne placing high. Those are looking sweet.

Very surprised at Halo 5 not placing though (Guess Halo 4 being so bad and MCC being a complete clusterfuck have taken their toll on that franchise), and moreso at The Order placing at all. Threads (And some media previews tbh) about that game are always a fucking trainwreck to the point where you could easily assume the game has no redeeming qualities about it.

Just to showcase how diverse 2015's list of game releases is. Here is a list of games that entered peoples Top 10 lists ON JUST THE FIRST PAGE.

Zelda U
Bloodborne
MGSV
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rime
The Tomorrow Children
Xenoblade U
Witcher 3
No Mans Sky
Persona 5
Until Dawn
The Order 1886
Cosmic Star Heroine
The Witness
Yakuza 5
Scalebound*
Halo 5: Guardians
Quantum Break
Star Wars Battlefront*
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Wooly World
Starfox U
Rainbow Six Siege
Batman: Arkham Knight
Assassins Creed 2015
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Overwatch
Just Cause 3
H1Z1
Splatoon
Below
Firewatch
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Star Citizen*
Mario Maker
Silent Hills*
The Division*
Grim Fandango Remastered
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
Godzilla PS4*
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Steins;Gate
Life is Strange
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3DS
Ratchet and Clank: Origins
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Mortal Kombat X
Hotline Miami 2
Tearaway Unfolded
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Code Name Steam
Dark Souls 2 Remastered
Mighty No. 9
Devils Third
Affordable Space Adventures
Evolve
H-Hour: World's Elite
Crackdown*
Mirrors Edge 2*
Bravely Second

64 different games on peoples Top 10 list in the first page of the other thread lol. Hows that for diversity in a year. Lord knows how many I would of counted if I kept going to like .. I dunno page 2

We've already explained this last page :p

Just the symptom of a larger PS4/Wii U/PC fanbase on GAF. Nothing wrong with it. Of course, I don't help... I wasn't around to vote :/ It's my #1.

unless ME4 is this year

that and Halo 4 being trash and MCC being a bust. People are real gun shy to start getting excited about 343's next Halo game until proven wrong.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
As an Xbox One only person this made me realise why I don't really care for 2015. I'm only interested in one game in the top ten out of the three that I can buy. And only three out of the top 20.

Just to showcase how diverse 2015's list of game releases is. Here is a list of games that entered peoples Top 10 lists ON JUST THE FIRST PAGE.

-snip-

64 different games on peoples Top 10 list in the first page of the other thread lol. Hows that for diversity in a year. Lord knows how many I would of counted if I kept going to like .. I dunno page 2
Yep. To corroborate your point about diversity, that list is even missing two games I'm excited for, Project Cars and King's Quest. There's just bucketloads of stuff next year!

VinFTW

that and Halo 4 being trash and MCC being a bust. People are real gun shy to start getting excited about 343's next Halo game until proven wrong.

I'm not. I've had more fun with the H5 beta than any shooter so far this gen (bar maybe BF4).

I'm excited. H4 worked fine, 343i handled that. I have faith H5 will work.

I'm not. I've had more fun with the H5 beta than any shooter so far this gen (bar maybe BF4).

I'm excited. H4 worked fine, 343i handled that. I have faith H5 will work.

the question is will it be any good, cuz Halo 4 wasn't for many Halo fans, who are the people who have Xbox ones and would even vote in this thing.

Top Bottom