• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

4. NMS is on PC as well.

It's not surprising to see Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5 to be there though. I'll be shocked if all 3 of them aren't in most GOTY contender lists.

uncharted, no mans sky, bloodborne, persona and the order. 5! just one will be on the PS3 too

Amir0x

Banned
Dont get me wrong ,I did not think MGS2 is one of the great games or anything and I too believe MGS3 destroys it but I never thought of MGS2 as utter shit though. It was just average. Anyways here is hoping MGS5 overtakes MGS3 as the greatest entry in the series! By the way Ami interested in your top 10 anticipated list. Did you vote?

Yeah I mean I'd say MGS2 was 'average', but I definitely thought MGS4 was legit bad. But I digress.

Here's my anticipate list:

1. Bloodborne - Dark Souls and Demon Souls redefined what I thought was possible on consoles anymore from any developers. Games like this just don't get made anymore, unless it's on PC and has a very small budget. From proved me wrong, and created some of the best games of last generation. My expectations for Bloodborne therefore are similarly large.

2. Zelda Wii U - Well I mean, it's Zelda. If it actually makes 2015, it'll immediately go to the top of my anticipation list. I'm a bit incredulous about the size of the world and how much interesting stuff they'll actually pack into it (Twilight Princess world was not half as big and was simply boring as fuck to traverse outside of dungeons), but I can't not have this on my list.

3. Armikrog - Point and click adventure game, by the Neverhood creator. This is like eight dreams rolled into one, and is immediate justification for Kickstarter to exist. Thank you Gods of gaming.

4. No Man's Sky - Open ended game set in a universe so large it would take 500 million years to visit every place even if you visit one planet every second, this is the definition of high concept. So much to do, so much can go wrong. But I love developers who aim high, and unlike many people I know exactly what you're supposed to do in NMS and so my expectations are set precisely at "as long as they actually execute it, we're good."

5. Hyper Light Drifter - They say it's inspired by Zelda, which is already my flavor. But it's god excellent pixel art and fantastic concept. The music is also rad, being made by one of my favorite game composers these days.

6. Just Cause 3 - For a while there it looked like it was set to be destroyed by microtransactions. Then all of that was false and it's back to balls-to-the-wall action and grapple hooks strapped to the sides of rockets. It's the open world game of dreams.

7. Rime - Gorgeous Studio Ghibli/Studio ICO/SalvadorDali etc inspired adventure puzzle game. It's magnificent looking, it's inspired by like everything I love, and they seem to have the right idea about how to approach the concept judging by the interviews. TequilaWorks isn't a surefire hit, but I'm willing to take a chance on this one.

8. Kentucky Route Zero - I've been avoiding playing any aspect as I wait for all the episodes to be out before playing. Apparently, that's set to finish in 2015. Everyone I talk to raves about it, its distinctive American mythology, plot and stark and innovative atmosphere is to die for.

9. Twelve Minutes - This game puts you in a neverending loop of twelve minutes when you find your wife accused of murder, and you must try to solve the mystery within the twelve minutes stuck only in your home. You can do essentially anything and the game will adapt. For example, if you take over the cooking from your wife, she will not just continue the animation she will go and complete a different task. You can sit down at dinner, or not. You can go in your room and search around, or interrogate her. You can do nothing. Every action you take is a chance you might get out of this time loop and figure out what's going on. It's an amazing concept and so far people say it's extremely well executed.

10. Persona 5 - I'm pretty sure this is going to make it this year. So, it's one of my favorite jRPG series and I'm super hyped for it.

HONORABLE:

11. Syberia III - The first two are amongst my all time point and click favorites. They're also some of the only games my fiancee and Mother enjoy. So we sit down together and try to solve the games. They're excellent games themselves, but because of the way they bring my family together they have extra weight.

12. Xenoblade Chronicles X - The first game was good but a bit overrated in my view, but I'm still hugely anticipating this one.

I know my GAF :p

GAF is too big to end up with anything but a somewhat generic overall list in any kind of common polling process.

Not necessarily. I mean of course that'll be the case most times, but one or two years when there has been a less clear frontrunner (like no Uncharted games or Metal Gear games or Halo games in that year), the lists tend to spread out and get a bit more inventive.

I mean as you can see from my list I got lots of big ones on there, but I dunno too many of the "big AAA games" are just sort of uninspired these days. It's not that I need innovation or anything like that (refinement > innovation), but so many of the big guys seem rather interested in continuing to peal back layers of depth for some sick drive toward mass accessibility. It can work for some games, but most games do go off the rails for it.

A lot of my list is also governed by skepticism. Like if Star Citizen does its job right it'll likely be one of my favorite games of all time, but because I am skeptical with all the money they're getting it'll not go off the rails a bit with development I didn't include it. it's insanely ambitious.

I know my GAF :p

GAF is too big to end up with anything but a somewhat generic overall list in any kind of common polling process.

Indeed. Now I kinda expect you to be some graphic-correcting madman or something similar.

I genuinely can't help but laugh. The odds of that game appearing exactly at #20 are pretty low - there were over 155 unique mentions just in the one section I counted. Very good speculation. :-D

Geg

Nice list, though only two out of the top 10 are definite buys from me. I've got more games I'm interested in in the 11th-20th place range, lol.

Also, I had thought the general opinion of the Arkham series had soured after some of the more recent games; is there something different about the new one?

Order being at 10 really leaves a bad taste in my mouth....but that is what happens when one console is so popular I suppose.

Rest of the list looks pretty good to me. Should be an amazing year.

yeah people saying random shit about Uncharted ... I really wonder if they actually watched more then 2 minutes of the PSX demo.

The enemy AI, the shooting mechanics, the dynamic combat. And come on, that damn scene where he jumps off the cliff to avoid the explosion and then ropes onto a limb, swings down to an enemy below, pummeling his jaw just to catch the dudes weapon as it flies out of the guys hand and then turns around and headshots 2 guys.

COME THE FUCK ON.

If you didn't cheer at that, wtf you doin playing games?

FluxWaveZ

I imagine there isn't much of an overlap for people that like that and for example visual novels. :p

Now I'm going to get quoted by hundreds of Danganropan Uncharted lovers. :-D

You are, because you might be more wrong than you think.

A lot of people like a lot of different types of games. I'm one of them.

Shabad

That's a great list. Hope all of them actually come out in 2015.

Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and The Order are a given at this point.
Zelda U and Xenoblade Chronicles are Nintendo's big 2015 cartridges, they cannot afford to push them back.
Batman Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid 5 should have been 2014, unlikely to see them slip past 2016.

Persona 5 and No Man's Sky are the only one that I could see delayed to 2016, especially for the western release of the former, and the PC one of the latter.

I imagine there isn't much of an overlap for people that like that and for example visual novels. :p

Me ! Me !

DNAbro

literally hundreds of us. Danganronpa 2 was actually my GOTY.

yeah people saying random shit about Uncharted ... I really wonder if they actually watched more then 2 minutes of the PSX demo.

The enemy AI, the shooting mechanics, the dynamic combat. And come on, that damn scene where he jumps off the cliff to avoid the explosion and then ropes onto a limb, swings down to an enemy below, pummeling his jaw just to catch the dudes weapon as it flies out of the guys hand and then turns around and headshots 2 guys.

COME THE FUCK ON.

In addition to all that the stealth gameplay looked pretty awesome and so natural in the gameplay vid.

Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and The Order are a given at this point.
Zelda U and Xenoblade Chronicles are Nintendo's big 2015 cartridges, they cannot afford to push them back.
Batman Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid 5 should have been 2014, unlikely to see them slip past 2016.

Persona 5 and No Man's Sky are the only one that I could see delayed to 2016, especially for the western release of the former, and the PC one of the latter.

No Mans Sky is only officially announced for the PS4. Can't delay something that doesn't officially exist yet.

Bloodborne, Witcher, The Order, Batman Arkham Knight are first half of 2015 type games. So unless some major development hell occurred they would all hit 2015.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

COME THE FUCK ON.

You helped Shinobi count the votes, right?

Solid list. Kinda hoped that Quantum Break would be higher but so be it. Surprised at The Order....didn't think the game was so popular. Could be great though. Ready at Dawn made several great and exciting games.

My List:
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (1st) Dead-on
2. Metal Gear Solid V (2nd) Dead-on

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (5th)
4. Batman: Arkham Knight (9th)
5. Persona 5 (6th)
6. Star Wars: Battlefront (14th)
7. The Legend of Zelda Wii U (3th)
8. The Order 1886 (10th)

9. Hotline Miami 2
10. Just Cause 3

8 out of 10, Faith in Gaf restored.
Shocked by how low Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight ended. Surprised by The Order making top 10. Glad Battlefront made the top 20.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Interesting list. Just a bit baffled by Arkham Knight's relatively low ranking. Just a bit above The Order.

Lol wut.

Some pretty big games on there though, all good.

Almighty

Nothing really surprising with that list, but I will take it as a victory that Pillar of Eternity managed to land where it did.

pixxxelz

Persona 5 on 6th place c,mon GAF

1318521000711.gif

Interesting list. Just a bit baffled by Arkham Knight's relatively low ranking. Just a bit above The Order.

Lol wut.

Some pretty big games on there though, all good.

What's crazy is how important those first three spots were - while I was counting, Arkham Knight has a ton of 4/5 spots, but few first rankings. That killed it a bit, since it would near literally twice as many votes to make up the ground.

It didn't, as we can see here.

Majanew

Banned
Wow, Halo 5 missed the top 10. A gameplay trailer of the single player will be interesting to see how much it hypes. Hope it's shown before E3.

My 10 Most Wanted (you better care):
1. Batman: Arkham Knight
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Halo 5: Guardians
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Forza Motorsport 6
6. Star Wars: Battlefront
7. Bloodborne
8. The Order 1886
9. Rime
10. Quantum Break

Euron

Great list aside from The Order. It almost matches mine:

1) Bloodborne
2) MGS5
3) Uncharted 4
4) Zelda Wii U
5) The Witcher 3
6) Star Wars Battlefront
7) No Man's Sky
8) Xenoblade X
9) Batman: Arkham Knight
10) Star Fox Wii U

The more I think about it, the more I want to swap Uncharted 4 with Bloodborne for some reason. But overall, 2015 looks like an awesome year. Let's just hope delays don't hit us too hard (ZELDA PLZ) and we don't receive a bunch of broken games at launch again.

What's crazy is how important those first three spots were - while I was counting, Arkham Knight has a ton of 4/5 spots, but few first rankings. That killed it a bit, since it would near literally twice as many votes to make up the ground.

It didn't, as we can see here.

Arkham knight is still my most hyped game cause I trust rocksteady, but damn they need to stop with trying to shove the bat mobile down are throats, aside from that I can't think of one new exciting new addition to the gameplay, one move to disarm 3 guys with guns doesn't sound fun to me, and the part about making a unskilled player feel skilled no matter what sounds like shit to my ears.

Lunar15

Pretty different from my list, but hey, different opinions!

I can't say I'm personally all that excited about Uncharted. Graphically it should be great, but I think they really only hit it out of the park once in terms of gameplay (Uncharted 2).

This is a pretty Sony-centric list. I think that makes sense given that I've always seen Sony fans as the louder force on GAF. Nothing wrong with that, though, totally pumped for what the PS4 has to offer this year!

yeah the list is far more AAA heavy, of course, then my own list.

No Mans Sky
Bloodborne
The Tomorrow Children
Rime
Axiom Verge
The Witness
Uncharted
Cosmic Star Heroine
Persona 5
Super Time Force Ultra

#10 could of been replaced with any number of a dozen games. But any footage I see of STFU ( hey ... great abbreviation for the game too ) looks amazing

Arkham knight is still my most hyped game cause I trust rocksteady, but damn they need to stop with trying to shove the bat mobile down are throats, aside from that I can't think of one new exciting new addition to the gameplay, one move to disarm 3 guys with guns doesn't sound fun to me, and the part about making a unskilled player feel skilled no matter what sounds like shit to my ears.

Sure. But this is just a list for fun's sake - GAF has a wide taste, and seeing people excited for series they love is just another part of what makes it special.

I've never played an Uncharted, but I can see the appeal.

chico

very good list. maybe i even will buy a wiiu for zelda and xenoblade.(despite hating the console)
and ps4 will have a hell of a year!!! woohooo

Wensih

It's a good list of the AAA space this year (outside of No Man's Sky which is being marketed as a AAA game).

The uncharted 4 gameplay they showed at psx looked very boring IMO

As a cinamatic game fan, the order looks so much better and more interesting

Really? One is all gameplay and really dynamic gameplay at that, in an open environment and a big toolbox for the player. Nice use of verticality as well.

The other is far more limited, with corridors, basic AI and gameplay that is limited to QTE's and pop and cover shooting.

But to each his own.

Top Bottom