• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Abstruse, how is everything going with the whole house situation?

It's been going alright. It's been confirmed as arson but the arsonist is still out there somewhere. The cleanup crew is finishing up gutting the contents from the house.

We're moving into a new apartment today which is awesome. We've been living with my mom's cousin for a few weeks. It's a house too small for 2 people and it's been 5 people and 4 dogs for a few weeks.

Furniture is being delivered today, TV and Internet hooked up tomorrow. The insurance company is giving us something like $20000 in gift cards from bestbuy to replace electronics.

I'm thrilled to finally be getting things back to normal. I only got to play Destiny for a few hours before the fire started, so I have some catching up to do.

Thanks for asking, much appreciated.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's been going alright. It's been confirmed as arson but the arsonist is still out there somewhere. The cleanup crew is finishing up gutting the contents from the house.

We're moving into a new apartment today which is awesome. We've been living with my mom's cousin for a few weeks. It's a house too small for 2 people and it's been 5 people and 4 dogs for a few weeks.

Furniture is being delivered today, TV and Internet hooked up tomorrow. The insurance company is giving us something like $20000 in gift cards from bestbuy to replace electronics.

I'm thrilled to finally be getting things back to normal. I only got to play Destiny for a few hours before the fire started, so I have some catching up to do.

Thanks for asking, much appreciated.

Glad to hear things are improving. It's also a blessing that the insurance company appears to be cooperative. Still hard to believe that all of this happened in the first place.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
season starts too late. Should start in september in order to play stanley cup in may

Fewer pre season games would be nice too...

The Leafs hate train is revving up!
20130504-590-leafstailgate-7.jpg

GO BRUINS

Amalie Benjamin @AmalieBenjamin · 4m 4 minutes ago
Bruins announce they've released Justin Florek, Alex Khokhlachev, Ryan Spooner and Jeremy Smith to the P-Bruins. (Smith subject to waivers.)

Bruins why D:

Looks like Gagne's gonna make the team

Real hockey will be discussed in this thread. It's almost like a fetish quality right now. Then it finally comes home to you every day, and eventually you're just fucking tired of seeing its face.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Real hockey will be discussed in this thread. It's almost like a fetish quality right now. Then it finally comes home to you every day, and eventually you're just fucking tired of seeing its face.

Sounds like soc's ex

Glad to hear things are improving. It's also a blessing that the insurance company appears to be cooperative. Still hard to believe that all of this happened in the first place.

It's been a surreal experience. As to the insurance, the house had the most expensive insurance plan on it. The average cost around here is $50 per month, while our house was $120 per month. It's certainly paying off now, as the insurance company has been great so far.

It's pretty shitty losing all your possessions, but those are replaceable in time. Losing all the custom work my dad put into the house before he died is definitely the worst part of it. But everyone is in good spirits. Adversity isn't anything new for my family unfortunately.

But yeah, it could still be worse. At least I'm not a shitty Leafs fan.

Giggzy

Ducks sign a deal with Pacific Premier Bank, and now the practice jerseys will have a patch with the logo. One step closer to having it on match day kits!

imBask

Banned
so Rogers first told me i'd get all 82 habs games with gamecenter eventhough I live in montreal. Then they told me it was 50 games confirmed and the other games were not confirmed yet, followed by some meaningless copy pasting

I canceled everything and went with hockeystreams

when the grey area service has a better system/price/customer support than you and you're one of the biggest company in Canada, there's something wrong.

Cube

Ghost and Laughton sent down. Morin will probably stay for the 9 games, then be sent down as well.

What a logjam of money and mediocrity this defense. Hopefully money won't block the kids when the time comes.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Kontiola is going to hang around with the Marlies to try and improve his skating, as I suspected. Hope it works out for him.

Stasis

Word is the Rangers are already looking to jettison a body or two somewhere. Which they have to do to keep Duclair on the roster. Duclair's ELC would make 51 contracts on the books if he isn't shipped back to junior before the 11th game of the regular season.

There are quite a few bodies I think they'd be fine getting rid of, but not that many that'd be interesting to another team. Probably Kristo would be the highest value because he can light it up in the AHL and still may someday reach the NHL. I don't know.

Kantor? Yogan? Can't see much interest in those two from anyone really.

Top Bottom