• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty disappointed in Tinordi this year. He's had a rough camp, and should have been a standout. Looks like more time in Hamilton for him.

I disagree. It's only 3 months but it feels like 3 years.
I'm sure if I stick with hockey over many years (which I will) the off-season will begin to feel much longer. As it stands, the only sport (before the tail end of last hockey season) I've only ever followed has been baseball. Compared to that, this offseason feels like that one week I didn't drink any alcohol. Longer than a usual seven day period, but by no means intolerable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm sure if I stick with hockey over many years (which I will) the off-season will begin to feel much longer. As it stands, the only sport (before the tail end of last hockey season) I've only ever followed has been baseball. Compared to that, this offseason feels like that one week I didn't drink any alcohol. Longer than a usual seven day period, but by no means intolerable.

dad?

Yawnier

Banned
wat?????

Well, I guess Malkin could have an off year or injury and Ovie can start off slow and come on strong. Seguin still has something to prove so it could be helpful.

I took Seguin AND Hall in the NeoGAF pool

Yeah I'm kind of regretting taking Seguin 4th overall because Malkin's high ceiling being probably somewhere around 100 - 105 points if he plays a full 82 games. Not really the biggest fan of Ovie and it's been almost 5 years since he had a over 100 point season.

why would you take Seguin 4th overall

if not Malkin, then pick either a top notch goalie or Karlsson/Subban. 4th overall pick isn't where you go off the boards

This pool I'm in is one that has no goalies, the only d-man taken in the first round (there were 20 of us) was Karlsson IIRC.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
9 more days til relevant hockey!!

terry-crews-old-spice-gif-o.gif

Red_Man

Price is in mid season form already. Good to see after coming back from that injury this summer.

Red_Man

Hamilton Bulldogs beat the Avs and Hawks? I'm ok with this, even if it's pre season. Should build some confidence for the kids, Pateryn and Tinordi can enjoy Hamilton a while longer.

Snyder is garbage. Still haven't seen MoS and won't be watch the sequel. Even Bat Affleck can't make me go.

The fucking trailer that leaked had Batman with glowing white eyes.

So basically I will see it and hate myself the whole time. I have to know.
He only produced that though, Zack Snyder is responsible for that cluster fuck, who I find to be Michael Bay bad.
I dunno man, a writing credit is a writing credit.

Montresor

Zack Snyder is great. I love his films. Sucker Punch, Watchmen, Immortals, Man of Steel. It's been too long since I saw 300 - I don't remember that movie much so I won't comment on it. But the thing I love most about Zack Snyder is the slow-motion action in his movies.

Nice to see Nylander still hasn't been cut from the Leafs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nylander get the 9-game tryout, considering I haven't kept track of pre-season games.

That'd be interesting to see.

I'd like to see:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Nylander
Komarov - Santorelli - Clarkson
Winnik - Holland - Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Polak - Franson
Rielly - Gardiner

Bernier
Reimer

David Booth could fit in somewhere when he's healthy again, and Leivo could be given a shot instead of one of the fourth liners.

Top Bottom