• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Refs making up for their calls against the Canucks earlier. To be expected. Sucks it's in OT.

I hate the Canucks, but dislike Montreal more. So, go Canucks. (It helps that they're in the West and their points won't affect the Leafs') Damned 3 pointers, though.

Then again, the Leafs will play themselves out of the playoffs.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Emelin played that horribly.

Considering the Gilbert penalty, Bieksa should have been called for his interference on Malhotra earlier, oh well.

Bummer that the Ducks lost. Hopefully come back against Dallas tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow. Happy Halloween from Saku Koivu's Montreal days...

nwxF9N9.jpg

Socreges

Banned
fraudreges
Made me laugh

Canucks keep surprising me. But I guess the East is just that weak. Canucks will get swept through Cali, though.

And Red, joo don know me. I don't particularly care right now if this team wins so fuck the reverse jinx. I called their loss to the Avs (so did Smiley). Was wrong this time. If they surprise everyone and contend, then I'll really want them to win; for now it just seems like they're screwing up their lottery chances.

Getting kind of sick of seeing Silfverberg, Rakell, and Etem with these awesome scoring opportunities and not converting.

Also Fowler's really losing confidence lately and turning it over heaps. I'm starting to think twice about buying his name and number on my next jersey.

Didn't see much of the game, but that winning goal was a thing of beauty. Henrik cuts across to draw the defenders and Daniel walks in alone.

The Sedins started really well last year too so it's a bit early to get too excited, but they've looked good with Vrbata. The power play is actually working, secondary scoring has existed, and Miller has been solid. The defence has been subpar though: Hamhuis needs to get better and Sbisa-Weber is a joke. They really need Stanton back.

Of course they haven't played the California teams yet and they were blown out by Dallas and Colorado (the St. Louis win was against a flu-ridden team and Miller stood on his head). They're right where everyone expected them to be: not a top-tier team but not a lottery contender either.

Socreges

Banned
Still October.

Didn't see much of the game, but that winning goal was a thing of beauty. Henrik cuts across to draw the defenders and Daniel walks in alone.

The Sedins started really well last year too so it's a bit early to get too excited, but they've looked good with Vrbata. The power play is actually working, secondary scoring has existed, and Miller has been solid. The defence has been subpar though: Hamhuis needs to get better and Sbisa-Weber is a joke. They really need Stanton back.

Of course they haven't played the California teams yet and they were blown out by Dallas and Colorado (the St. Louis win was against a flu-ridden team and Miller stood on his head). They're right where everyone expected them to be: not a top-tier team but not a lottery contender either.
I still think we can be a lottery contender. We have it in us. Don't clip our wings.

Top Bottom