• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like how they say we need Gerrard Gallant back for our PP, even though our PP was garbage last year as well.

mXWtAkp.gif

Red_Man

I wonder if the coaching staff told the players to ice the puck if they feel pressured because our faceoffs are so good this year. The only way I can explain why they do it so much.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the coaching staff told the players to ice the puck if they feel pressured because our faceoffs are so good this year. The only way I can explain why they do it so much.

They've always had a ton of icing calls with Therrien as coach though. I don't think they have a set breakout play, which is why everything goes off the boards or glass.

Somehow these guys who have been playing hockey all of their lives can't figure out how to get the puck down the ice without icing it.

Red_Man

Not sure why the refs are treating the Habs so well tonight. Must be making up for their abomination of games in Edmonton and Calgary.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WTF the ref is just looking at this like nothing happened, wtf.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
These Sportsnet guys avoiding any discussion about a possible head shot, glancing or not.

"He was off balance, then Burrows finished his check"

Red_Man

I don't think it was intentional but he still hits him in the head, it should have been called.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wait

The Devils won a shootout?!

WHAT?

EDIT: Their last shootout win before their losing streak was ALSO against the Jets. That's amazing. C'mon, Winnipeg.

_DrMario_

Is that too complicated a word?

'Glancing' adj. striking someone or something at an angle rather than directly and with full force

Hopefully Emelin's OK. Very generous man, would like to see more of him.

There was nothing glancing about this hit. Maybe the word is too complicated for you.

It was a straight up headshot.

Top Bottom