• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Sandfox

What I'm expecting if its western only:
new colors and AC bundle announced
Oracle games dated
Batman game mentioned
Animal Crossing mentioned
Mario Golf dated
DKR mentioned
new localisations

if Japan gets a direct it could be anything or nothing.

What I'm expecting if its western only:
new colors and AC bundle announced
Oracle games dated
Batman game mentioned
Animal Crossing mentioned
Mario Golf dated
DKR mentioned
new localisations

if Japan gets a direct it could be anything or nothing.

If Japan gets an identical "Nintendo 3DS Games" Direct announcement as well, it's VERY likely we will see an unannounced Nintendo 3DS game show up.

mclem

If you look at the Comparisions you will see some differences.

On one Picture where you can see both Links that 3DS Link has some Anime looking. In OoT you had a darker look and somehow his facial structure doesnt reminds me of an Anime Character because you can see that his eye was drawn like western style. In western style you draw both eyelids. Only drawing the upper eyelid is more common for Anime Style.

You're right. There's also the fact that - if you zoom *right* in - OoT link has green eyes, while the 3DS one does not. Frankly, that's a betrayal of the character.

Sandfox

If Japan gets an identical "Nintendo 3DS Games" Direct announcement as well, it's VERY likely we will see an unannounced Nintendo 3DS game show up.

It would be cool if they went through E3 level news in order to save time for the Wii U(though they would obviously need to mention a few things again to inform others) but I fdon't want to get too hyped so I doubt its going to happen.

Fireblend

Banned
New Zelda, new Metroid, SSB3D out by E3, Miiverse with video chat and a free backrub or bust.

Really, just tell me BD:FF is coming and I'll be happy

Shaanyboi

Banned
Okay, so realistically, what can this be about?

New colours (White? Black? Year of Luigi green?)
Mario and Luigi info/date
DKCR 3D info/date
Mario Golf info/date
Animal Crossing reminder
Lego City 3DS reminder
eShop game reminders (Mario vs. DK, etc)
Miiverse integration
Batman mention (maybe footage?)
Soul Hackers mention
SMT4 mention
Bravely Default localization

and MAYBE a new game announcement... maybe. But even then, it won't be Zelda. That is way too big a deal to be announced in this form. That's an E3 announcement for sure.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This might be known, but I inspected elements and such of the Nintendo Direct page and noticed there's a WOFF file there containing several logos (in vector format obviously) including the Nintendo Direct logo.

wofffvyuy.png
http://cdn01.nintendo-europe.com/media/styles/fonts/nintendologos-regular.woff

I figured I could share this in case someone wants to make a high resolution logo image for the upcoming OP for this Nintendo Direct broadcast (or for this thread if it will be used exclusively) and future broadcasts. You have to do coloring and layout yourself of course, but it's at least an official file.

On how to convert WOFF into other formats, you can read this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43608183&postcount=739

As for the Nintendo Direct broadcast itself I'm not expecting too much. Though I would like to see a new entry in the Metroid series, maybe a direct sequel to Fusion (Dread?). Or some kind of hint on the next The Legend of Zelda for 3DS.

kuppy

So, everything that could happen for the EU: (?)

recap
  • Luigi's Mansion 2

coverage of the upcoming releases
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
  • Project X Zone

localization announcements
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Zelda: Oracle of Ages + Seasons on VC
  • Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
  • Dragon Quest VII
  • Fantasy Life
  • Ace Attorney X Professor Layton
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Break Code
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV
  • Monster Hunter 4

new trailers / feature talk
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • Mario & Donkey Kong
  • Mario Golf: World Tour
  • Pokémon X and Y
  • New Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Maiden
  • Ace Attorney 5

general 3DS support
  • new colors/bundles
  • Flipnote Studio 3D
  • MiiVerse
  • new features

new announcements
  • Monolith game
  • new Zelda/Mario/Metroid
  • Zero Escape 3
  • The Denpa Men 2
  • something totaly unexpected

Of course most of the stuff is pretty unlikely to happen
- or let me better say it straightforward: they will never happen, lol -
but my expections are pretty low anyway so I should be pleased with nearly everthing that comes.

Shit, I forgot about the Dragon Warrior Monsters remake. Please, localize soon.

And I didn't realize this was a global ND. Preparing for baby megatons.

Shit, I forgot about the Dragon Warrior Monsters remake. Please, localize soon.

And I didn't realize this was a global ND. Preparing for baby megatons.

It's not global until NOJ confirms that they're having a ND.

If Japan is not having a ND it's going to be 100% localizations.

TheNatural

My Member!
This is going to be Q2 announcements. I expect more info and dates basically, I would be surprised if they dropped the hammer on a huge game announcement.

USA is getting one too?

Can't wait to see what's shown, really hoping to see an Animal Crossing 3DSXL bundle announced for UK/Europe.

Would be nice to see solid dates for Dream Team and other games down the line, just so I can budget my money accordingly, lol.

ASIS

Hmm..
Not a Wii U direct, which needs it most.

Nintendo dropping Wii U confirmed?

But that doesn't make sense unless Nintendo as a whole shrinks considerably. .. Oh wait.

Nintendo going 3rd party confirmed?

That still won't save the dying console though..

Nintendo being bought confirmed! Megaton!

kuppy

You forgot Mario & Luigi. Plus Ace Attorney V has been confirmed for localization for a while now.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is listed for a new trailer.
But you are right, I totaly forgot Ace Attorney V was confirmed for a Western release. *correcting that in the post*

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm..

But that doesn't make sense unless Nintendo as a whole shrinks considerably. .. Oh wait.

As mentioned before in this thread:

Apr. 24, 2013 Fiscal Year Earnings Release [Scheduled]
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/schedule/index.html

TheNatural

My Member!
Hmm..

You can't have a direct if you don't have actual games to announce.

seady

I want a new 3DS model or new color for USA. Sick of my first gen 3DS but don't like the current XL color.

I am guessing the announcement of Animal Crossing hardware bundle.
Animal-Cross-Box-610x342.jpg

Asimov

Banned
This might sound silly, but I hope they announce new 3DS XL colors.

I have a black original 3DS and I'm very happy with the system, but I really want a 3DS XL. Everytime I play with my original 3DS, a part of me reminds me that there is a better system, with a bigger screen and I need it.

But I just can't buy one of those ugly colors.

That would be a mini-megaton to me, personally.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Do you expect much from the investor meeting?
I expect a few sour grapes in the investor audience asking tough questions. If there's going to be an investor meeting that is, though I expect it for this particular release. Also considering that the meeting regards the whole FY 2012 I expect there to be some emphasis on where to go from now and also plans for E3 and the fall.

Effect

That was the 3DS strategy, sort of...

Not so much strategy as I doubt they planned to do it. However it was pretty much what they did when they announced the price cut along with the combination of Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Monster Hunter 3G (in Japan). It had the desired effect of breathing life into the system. The ambassador program also helped quell any anger that might have taken place.

Which makes me curious as to what Nintendo will do with the Wii U if anything. What can they do to make up for the seemingly abandoning the Wii U after it's launch if they do intend to relaunch the system. Nintendo knows full well the primary reason people buy their hardware is for their own games. At least in recent years. It gets people in the door and their continued support and third party support makes them stay. At least that's how it has been with the 3DS.

Yes there is a trickle of games on the Wii U but it's old ports or games where the developer/publisher would rather not acknowledge it's existence. There simply haven't been any "Nintendo games" since New Super Mario Bros U. Do they need to make up for that in some manner? Something of a sorry and a thank you for sticking with the system when people could have washed their hands of it, resold it, just boxed it away to not buy any future software?

seady

This might sound silly, but I hope they announce new 3DS XL colors.

I have a black original 3DS and I'm very happy with the system, but I really want a 3DS XL. Everytime I play with my original 3DS, a part of me reminds me that there is a better system, with a bigger screen and I need it.

But I just can't buy one of those ugly colors.

That would be a mini-megaton to me, personally.

I think it's about time for a new model.
They usually announce one-two every year.

Meelow

Banned
Rösti;54004746 said:
I expect a few sour grapes in the investor audience asking tough questions. Also considering that the meeting regards the whole FY 2012 I expect there to be some emphasis on where to go from now and also plans for E3 and the fall.

I know last year's investor meeting brought some big news (Nintendo Network, etc), so hopefully some big (good) Wii U news comes out of this.

3DS Miiverse.

we'll probably see this. Maybe some more games like Pokemon and maybe something new. I wouldn't expect too much before E3 though. Then again this is Nintendo and they're fairly unpredictable.

I think we'll definitely see some new 3DS XL colors though.

Mlatador

Banned
They probably won't show any "new" games - and that's fine! It'll be perfectly enough to just annouce some localizations for the west (Bravely Default anyone?)

Top Bottom