• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Am I the only one thinking that fiscal report is gonna hurt?

If by "hurt" you mean "met the three-times-revised operating income / net income expectations," then I'm really not sure about that.

Nintendo meeting their projections doesn't seem unreasonable considering their stock prices recently and the devaluation of the yen.

Obviously, losing $204 million before interest/taxes is NOT a good situation to be in. But if Iwata can manage to meet revised fiscal expectations, the company won't take as much of a hit as you might think, especially considering that Nintendo is VERY likely to announce a Wii U Direct to correspond with it, and I expect Nintendo to do a LOT of pandering.

Lack of forward momentum is a huge problem, but this isn't the time to make any real changes if Iwata is successful. But if Iwata can't make that $204 million operating loss target, now THAT would hurt.

DaBoss

I like that... go work in marketing or something!

http://i.minus.com/ibfjmsFovQeiVv.gif

Believe!

It wasn't me who came up with that, someone else on GAF did, but that image gave me an idea.

2013dsj3u7m.gif

donny2112

Well, if Japan exchange continue to be this favourable, I can see it happening in the next months. Right before AC's release would be smart.

Better to milk 3DS profits (retail sales (as in gift cards with purchase, lower price) lately have been top-notch, so no reason for a price drop now) and price drop majorly Wii U. A drop for 3DS price would pretty much guarantee a lackluster or even non-existent drop for Wii U, which would possibly be a death knell for the system. (No, it's not dead quite yet. Have to wait for it to try to revive and fail to say it's dead, I think, when it's this early on.)

Flamfas

Since AC is almost a given, wonder if we'll hear about the new feature? Didn't they say they were adding a new feature for the North American release?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pipe dream that we're all dreaming. Nintendo'd have to publish and then find someone to translate for ~100K sales, maybe. :(

Fire Emblem result in US (and except it in Europe too) makes me think 3DS owners would eat it in a good way, especially since it's a much bigger effort than DQVI. I feel it could sell 100k just in France :D

Tagg9

Investor briefings are often followed by release schedule updates. Maybe we'll find out about Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101?

They'll have to release their full Q2 schedule during the briefing. I'll laugh then cry if Pikmin 3 is absent.

Pipe dream that we're all dreaming. Nintendo'd have to publish and then find someone to translate for ~100K sales, maybe. :(

100K sales ~= $2 million. Are you telling me they can't localize the game for about $100,000?

MrT-Tar

Personally, I'm hoping for a European localisation announcement of either SMTIV, Soul Hackers, DQVII or to a lesser degree that DQ Monsters remake

all of them would be Godly

Schnozberry

I'm guessing localizations, release dates, and maybe if we're lucky a new 3DS color or two for NA and Europe. I hope they don't release an Animal Crossing flavored 3DS XL in America, because my wife would shit bricks and I'd be out another $200.

Draconian

It really doesn't matter to me if a Japanese Direct gets announced. I'll take localization announcements for Bravely Default and Dragon Quest VII or brand new games. I suspect localizations are what's most likely, with this also focusing on Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong. We'll probably get release dates for Mario Golf and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team as well.

antti-la

Has 3DS been selling better lately? I feel like everyone's getting one and there's much more people talking about it, or is it just that I'm noticing it much more lately because I finally got one.

I really hope they bring netflix for 3ds in eu. So much great games to play already.

Hoping for an xl price drop.
Has 3DS been selling better lately? I feel like everyone's getting one and there's much more people talking about it, or is it just that I'm noticing it much more lately because I finally got one.

I really hope they bring netflix for 3ds in eu. So much great games to play already.

Not really. Been pretty steady. The game library is getting much better though after a pretty bad 2012

Frolow

Banned

It's selling great in Japan and ok-ish everywhere else, at least from what I've heard.

m0t0k1

yeah i am at home then will watch :D Also expecting Guild02 since nobody talking about that. Although the only 1 i am interested in is the monsters one.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Predictions for Europe:

Apologies for Brain Training and Scribblenauts delay (Possible new dates announced)
Apologies for Devil Survivor Overclocked errors.
Announcement of the Letter Box (Swapnote) update.
A special Shibata/Iwata/Reggie/Miyamoto Mii will visit European 3DS consoles.
Promotion of Fire Emblem / Animal Crossing.
New 3DS XL Colour announced.
Wait till E3 for Wii U news.

RM8

I'd scream like a schoolgirl, but it's simply not going to happen: Terry's Wonderland.

In any case, I'd like to see more of M&L, Mario Golf and Batman.

Sadist

Predictions for Europe:

Apologies for Brain Training and Scribblenauts delay (Possible new dates announced)
Apologies for Devil Survivor Overclocked errors.
Announcement of the Letter Box (Swapnote) update.
A special Shibata/Iwata/Reggie/Miyamoto Mii will visit European 3DS consoles.
Promotion of Fire Emblem / Animal Crossing.
New 3DS XL Colour announced.
Wait till E3 for Wii U news.
Why? It's not their fault.

serplux

I'd scream like a schoolgirl, but it's simply not going to happen: Terry's Wonderland.

In any case, I'd like to see more of M&L, Mario Golf and Batman.

When was the last localization announcement at a Nintendo Direct? I can't recall.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
2D Zelda
2D Metroid
Smash Bros. Teaser (with full reveal at E3)

Any of those would make me pretty fucking stoked.

Top Bottom