• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Curiosity, what's inside the cube?

If you tap on it, it divides in two cubes.

This is basically the same way Level 5 teased Guild 01 games coming on eShop; they're teasing Guild 02 games. Did the cube divide itself if tapped in the other teasing?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why? It's not their fault.

It is their fault...they are supposed to test the games before green lighting them, Nintendo Seal of Quality and so on. lol....whats the point of having such certification processes when they cant even detect the biggest bugs ?

Banjoman

If you tap on it, it divides in two cubes.

This is basically the same way Level 5 teased Guild 01 games coming on eShop; they're teasing Guild 02 games. Did the cube divide itself if tapped in the other teasing?
I don't think so.
there are 2 boxes probably because this is Guild02.

wrowa

Going back to 2D Zelda would be quite the surprise, but I would prolly eat it up

Would it? All of the original handheld Zeldas so far have been 2D games in practice (PH/ST had 3D graphics, but the gameplay was still 2D for the most part). I think being a top-down game is pretty much what can be expected from it.

... I actually would rather see an original handheld 3D Zelda.

Darryl

Banned
we gettin hyped for things that are never gonna happen? i'll throw my requests out there

Megaman Legends III
Final Fantasy IX-2
Chrono Break 3D (cross-play with Wii U)
Super Mario World 3D

i can't think of much else. i'm running out of remake requests.

New Legend of Zelda. Miyamoto's talked about going back to the LttP style for a remake or new game.

i'd be so pissed. this belongs on Wii U for sure. Four Swords with Wii Motes. Ganon-mode with the tablet.

Draconian

Would it? All of the original handheld Zeldas so far have been 2D games in practice (PH/ST had 3D graphics, but the gameplay was still 2D for the most part). I think being a top-down game is pretty much what can be expected from it.

... I actually would rather see an original handheld 3D Zelda.

It would be mildly surprising in that after remaking Ocarina of Time, it seems natural that the original 3DS Zelda would also be a 3D Zelda.

donny2112

It would be mildly surprising in that after remaking Ocarina of Time, it seems natural that the original 3DS Zelda would also be a 3D Zelda.

OoT3D was outsourced, whereas EAD would be making 3DS Zelda. Different companies, so it's not like they could just take the engine and make a new game out of it. Of course, EAD already has lots of 3-D Zelda engines, anyways, so using the one from OoT3D wouldn't be required, either.

Tehalemi

That tree has seen some shit.

And some things, man.......

I wouldn't recommend it!

Also:

tumblr_m5gxi1vYzv1rn19nco1_500.gif

Nothingstopstrain.etcetc

I honestly only expect some animal crossing.

GRW810

How big an announcement can we expect this close to E3? Will Nintendo really give up a big revelation? I'm expecting release dates, trailers, maybe some smaller announcements like eShop titles.

But then it is getting a two-day build up rather than a few hours, so maybe Nintendo do have something worth seeing. I very much doubt it will be Zelda or Metroid though. UK release for the Oracles a definite though.

Heavy focus on Animal Crossing and Lego City, reminder about Fire Emblem this week, more about eShop titles like Rolling Western 2 and Guild 02, and that's all folks. No Miiverse either, I can't imagine it ever happening.

gngf123

How big an announcement can we expect this close to E3? Will Nintendo really give up a big revelation? I'm expecting release dates, trailers, maybe some smaller announcements like eShop titles.

This is Nintendo we are talking about here. Common sense does not apply.

Remember how Wonderful 101 was relegated to a trailer video shown at the back of E3, and not even mentioned in the press conference?

Darryl

Banned

But then it is getting a two-day build up rather than a few hours, so maybe Nintendo do have something worth seeing. I very much doubt it will be Zelda or Metroid though. UK release for the Oracles a definite though.

Heavy focus on Animal Crossing and Lego City, reminder about Fire Emblem this week, more about eShop titles like Rolling Western 2 and Guild 02, and that's all folks. No Miiverse either, I can't imagine it ever happening.

Hard to tell. E3 can't really help the 3DS much more. It's already a pretty well established console. They need E3 to help sell the Wii U. I can see them announcing all of their major titles in Nintendo Directs for quite a while now.

Grief.exe

Hard to tell. E3 can't really help the 3DS much more. It's already a pretty well established console. They need E3 to help sell the Wii U. I can see them announcing all of their major titles in Nintendo Directs for quite a while now.

I would agree.

They are gonna struggle next to the PS4/720 juggernauts unless they can present some amazing content for the Wii U during E3.

3DS is in a good place right now, especially for 2013.

Flamfas

New Legend of Zelda. Miyamoto's talked about going back to the LttP style for a remake or new game.

Ooh, did not know this. Hype get.

I was thinking 2D as in sprites. But yeah, I expect a handheld Zelda to be top down again.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm guessing they'll announce a lot of good stuff, considering the press event they're holding the same day.

Ooh, did not know this. Hype get.

I was thinking 2D as in sprites. But yeah, I expect a handheld Zelda to be top down again.
I hope not. Or at least if we're going to get a top down Zelda, a new 3D one would be nice as well. (One that isn't MM)

I wanna ask if anyone has any realistic guesses as to what we'll see but.... Nah. Slow down the hype train, I want on!

At least a Zelda 3DS mention would be nice, maybe talk about if DKCR3D will still have multiplayer and if it will have any extra content or not.

cluderi

I don't even know what this is but I want it.

Listen, and understand. That 3DS release calendar is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

There's a pretty good chance that there's going to be something for download after the Direct. I don't know what it could be though.

Hmm, well, if I was being a betting man, I want it to be the oracle games, but I think there is an equally good chance it could be Dillions rolling western 2, hence why it hasn't appeared on our eShop like it did for other regions

Yeah! Hoping for a Bravely Default and Denpa Men 2 announcement. Maybe a new eShop game or two would be great, as well as dates for some of the upcoming titles. I don't think we'll be seeing any new big titles...

Top Bottom