• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Please be Bravely Default and Miiverse/accounts

khaaan

If it is Miiverse, I'm kind of hoping it won't get introduced till July...I still haven't registered my 3DS cause I'm already elite status :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Still no Japanese announcement? We should have got one by now right?

Considering Western Direct is in less than two days, we could perfectly get announcement of the Japanese one in much less than a day before it happens. It's how NCL work.

Still, it's probably happening in Japan too due to the simple fact Western Direct is happening when in Japan it's 23:00, so when all the other recent worldwide Direct happened, IIRC.

Pikma

Banned
About damn time!
tumblr_lop9otsS5k1qefrmxo1_500.gif

javac

Haven't checked this thread much but it's the first time I'm not joining the hype train. Half of it is due to uni but I also just want Shibata to drop some power bombs on me.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Layton vs. Phoenix. The voice actor for Layton said he was working on a project that we'd learn about shortly. Unless Layton 6's turn around is going to be really quick, I'd say LvsPW is a lock.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm gonna go ahead and say Layton vs. Phoenix. The voice actor for Layton said he was working on a project that we'd learn about shortly. Unless Layton 6's turn around is going to be really quick, I'd say LvsPW is a lock.

Colonel is referring to this

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...robin_miller_voice_actor_for_professor_layton

NL: Are you currently working on some new projects at the moment?
CRM: I act in television and film and am collaborating on some film projects with some well-known producers. I'm always doing other commercial and cartoon VO as well. There may be something happening very soon, however "A true gentleman never reveals too much!".

Rehynn

Could be worse. Could be a Zelda 3DS reveal that uses the same controls as Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks. Better no reveal, then to reveal that. :(

I loved the the interface (controls included) in the DS games. They actually brought me back to the franchise after a couple years.

But let's not turn this one into that kind of thread.

JoeM86

Still no Japanese announcement? We should have got one by now right?

Typically the announcements of Nintendo Directs come between 8am and 2pm in Japan. In instances like this one, it typically comes at around 8am, that means we should see something in half an hour at the earliest

jrDev

My thumb rule as per usual: expect nothing significantly new, and instead coverage on upcoming titles, and be happy with any surprises.

The following games are yet to release, or don't have at date at all.
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Pokémon X and Y
- Mario Golf: World Tour
- Project X Zone
- Ace Attorney 5
- Code of Princess
- Dragon Quest VII
- Bravely Default
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Monster Hunter 4
- Shin Megami Tensei 4
- Time Travelers
Wasn't a date already confirmed for donkey kong?

noffles

Banned
entire direct should just be iwata with a pikachu plush celotaped to his shoulder, not acknowledging it until the last 5 minutes, which is when he announces the release date for x and y

OmegaFax

If I had to guess, maybe they'll announce a Nintendo Selects lineup for the 3DS and drop the price of some of their 2011 first party titles (Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D) to $19.99 MSRP.

Sandfox

If I had to guess, maybe they'll announce a Nintendo Selects lineup for the 3DS and drop the price of some of their 2011 first party titles (Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D) to $19.99 MSRP.

That would make sense given that they are dropping game prices to $35.

ugly

It seems a bit weird they're not saving all this stuff so that they can bring the PAYEEEEENN at E3, but upon thinking, the 3ds is in a pretty good place. They can throw this stuff out whenever they want; people will see it. So maybe they're gonna do all the 3ds stuff on NDs and E3 is gonna be WiiU-centric. Smash, Mario, blah blah. I think they're gonna really go all out with the WiiU stuff there. They have been VERY quiet on that front so far. So that'll be the rejuvenating elixir for them.

ZELDA 3DS COME ONNNNNN

Be a sequel to Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass with more involvement with the pirate team yes come on that'd be so awesome you go on looting missions with them and you have to rob a bank but its for the greater good aw yes and you get an invisibility cloak! bring back the Rito tribe yes and sailing is done on the pirate ship and whoa the bad guy should have a flying pirate ship!! YEA and tetra can actually not get kidnapped in this one, they can be like remember that time you got kidnapped and shes like shutup mother fucka

It seems a bit weird they're not saving all this stuff so that they can bring the PAYEEEEENN at E3, but upon thinking, the 3ds is in a pretty good place. They can throw this stuff out whenever they want; people will see it. So maybe they're gonna do all the 3ds stuff on NDs and E3 is gonna be WiiU-centric. Smash, Mario, blah blah. I think they're gonna really go all out with the WiiU stuff there. They have been VERY quiet on that front so far. So that'll be the rejuvenating elixir for them.

ZELDA 3DS COME ONNNNNN

Be a sequel to Wind Waker / Phantom Hourglass with more involvement with the pirate team yes come on that'd be so awesome you go on looting missions with them and you have to rob a bank but its for the greater good aw yes and you get an invisibility cloak! bring back the Rito tribe yes and sailing is done on the pirate ship and whoa the bad guy should have a flying pirate ship!! YEA and tetra can actually not get kidnapped in this one, they can be like remember that time you got kidnapped and shes like shutup mother fucka

It's possible. Makes sense since that would explain all the media attention on the 3DS.

Top Bottom