• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting [Nintendo 1st Party DLC, NSMB3DS, NiN, Info In OP]

e3bear2012.png

It's started early this year.

Edit:
Iwata and Miyamoto stole his thunder again

:(

No more! See above.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't want to hear people complaining about what Reggie didn't get to reveal at this year's E3. On Wii U's Online stance, people were complaining when he couldn't reveal anything.

Iwata and Miyamoto stole his thunder again

:(

I'm imagining Reggie at home, crumpled in the corner holding a clipboard. The TV is tuned to Nintendo's investor meeting. The phone is ringing.

His answering machine gets it. "Reggie, you promised me online details. I'm getting really fed up with you. If you don't fill me in, we're over." Click.

Reggie starts crying. The tears hit the clipboard as Iwata on TV reveals the Nintendo Network.

He takes his pen and marks the paper. "Box... checked..."

Ryoku

Nintendo is setting themselves up for one gigantic E3 appearance. There's no doubt that they have a lot to show to keep everyone pleased, but I'm more than certain that they'll blow everyone's mind away with what they'll have to offer. Here's to an excruciating wait for E3 2012, guys.

Nintendo is setting themselves up for one gigantic E3 appearance. There's no doubt that they have a lot to show to keep everyone pleased, but I'm more than certain that they'll blow everyone's mind away with what they'll have to offer. Here's to an excruciating wait for E3 2012, guys.

Only 130 days!

MisterHero

I'm imagining Reggie at home, crumpled in the corner holding a clipboard. The TV is tuned to Nintendo's investor meeting. The phone is ringing.

His answering machine gets it. "Reggie, you promised me online details. I'm getting really fed up with you. If you don't fill me in, we're over." Click.

Reggie starts crying. The tears hit the clipboard as Iwata on TV reveals the Nintendo Network.

He takes his pen and marks the paper. "Box... checked..."
He's going to check Geoff's box

with his fists

vall03

just noticed the 200+ titles in development for the 3DS, just hope that a huge number of those have a chance for localization...

just noticed the 200+ titles in development for the 3DS, just hope that a huge number of those have a chance for localization...

Did you know that there are 7 more 3DS games released in the Americas than Japan?
In fact, Japan has the lowest number of new titles LTD for each of the 3 Nintendo systems (DS, 3DS, Wii).

Just interesting when people talk about localizations.

(Also, I'm bitter that Rayman isn't coming out here)

How would this work though? Seeing as Nintendo license retail games from those guys anyway, and they pay a fee for that privilege, how is having their own shops different to what they get now? Would it merely be a situation of allowing EA to self police their store or maybe it just exchanges licensing for a store fee?

I'm sure it would still be a "per game sold" licensing fee. Companies like EA would just be able to keep more of the money. But that also goes back to what Nintendo said and making sure retailers aren't hurt in the process.

In before Sakurai figures out a way to implement tripping while connecting to games with your friends.

Just be glad that Nintendo said "no" to Kinect before Microsoft picked it up. You don't have to worry about Sakurai working out how to make the actual players trip.

oh god watch sakurai make people buy real trophies, stickers, and figurines to unlock stuff in smash bros wii u

he already has the ar cards in kid icarus uprising

Hey Skiesofwonder, thanks for the thorough updates in your OP. Not many announcement threads are updated so quickly (or at all).

Cheers.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Hey Skiesofwonder, thanks for the thorough updates in your OP. Not many announcement threads are updated so quickly (or at all).

Cheers.

You're welcome! I always liked the idea of having an OP that updates with any new information released so everyone can be on the same level discussion-wise.

Has anybody mentioned that Nintendo posted their first full-year operating loss since the company started announcing earnings in 1981?

Or does GAF still think Sales=Successful Company?

smh... "circle jerk thread"?

Anyway I'll humour you...

You do realise they were pulling in astronomical profit for the first 5 years of Wii's life right? And even in the decades before that, even with Gamecube.

Considering the losses the other two made going to HD (Sony wiping out ALL profit made on PS2), the recession and the fumbled 3DS launch forcing them to lower the price, I'm not surprised they've not banked what they thought they could make this year...

they're still more successful than the others as a profitable game manufacturer.

Darryl

Banned
Has anybody mentioned that Nintendo posted their first full-year operating loss since the company started announcing earnings in 1981?

Or does GAF still think Sales=Successful Company?

nintendo is developing a new console and is likely funding massive development. i'm surprised the loss wasn't bigger. i don't think this means they are unsuccessful at all.

RawPower

Banned
Sounds like Nintendo is firing on all cylinders this time. All I really ask of them for the Wii U is that they localize much more of their portfolio. No more Operation Rainfall-esque fiascoes and we're all good, Nintendo. :D

Terrell

If they are any indication of what DLC will be like for first party Nintendo games, bring it the fuck on.

Yeah, I have this sneaking suspicion that Nintendo may be the first game company to understand that DLC doesn't have to stop being released a month after a game is out, but that you can KEEP MAKING IT until people stop buying it.

And yeah, you can just feel people choke back the bitter tears that they lost another Nintendo trolling method. A sad day for GAF, indeed.

Anth0ny

Yeah, I have this sneaking suspicion that Nintendo may be the first game company to understand that DLC doesn't have to stop being released a month after a game is out, but that you can KEEP MAKING IT until people stop buying it.

Three words:

Super. Smash. Brothers.

Infinite DLC potential.

Three words:

Super. Smash. Brothers.

Infinite DLC potential.

I can imagine two scenarios.

1) Super Smash Brothers Universe comes out 2015. Zelda: The Flute of Dreams. FoD's Girahim equivalent gets 'added' post release to Universe for $3.

OR

2) SSBU comes ou 2015. Zelda: The Harp of Hyrule is coming out in Nov 2016. HoH's Shiek equivalent gets added in September to Universe for $3. Instant hype.

Top Bottom