• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting [Nintendo 1st Party DLC, NSMB3DS, NiN, Info In OP]

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ah my bad, looks like I clicked on the circle-jerk thread by accident.
Yeah, I noticed you have a tendency to "accidently" walk into these circle-jerk threads. Maybe you are actually a closet Nintendo fan and/or are a circle-jerk fetishist

Way lttp. I was about to go to sleep and thought, "What the heck? I'll check my IGN Iphone app for news one more time......AAAAHHHHH!!! *brain implodes in joy over multiple amazing Nintendo investor announcements."

Now hurry up and confirm system accounts on Wii U = universal online content accounts that will also let me carry over my VC and Wii Ware content. Oh and proper flying Tanooki suit in NSMB3DS please.

Edit: DLC in Mario games could be a Grandmaster Galaxy fan's dream come true.

Just wait till you find out we have more than one. What's crazy is some are even so lazy they write them out by making random lines and squiggles. Like French.

Spoiler that!

Too late!

I also sent your parents a video of you having sex with a genetically altered monkey in a diaper.

Your dad just liked the video...

*ducks*

Too late!

I also sent your parents a video of you having sex with a genetically altered monkey in a diaper.

Your dad just liked the video...

*ducks*

1244708748479.jpg

Gravijah

how to make mario 2ds a great game:

take nsmbw

make it not bland looking

make the worlds interesting

give it good music

boom

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
how to make mario 2ds a great game:

take nsmbw

make it not bland looking

make the worlds interesting

give it good music

boom
This times a billion. Sprites or bust. Nintendo can take their bullshit 3D graphics out of 2D Mario and go circle jerk in a closet.

Edit : The "o" in the Nintendo logo looks like a Mario coin. :-O

Edit 2 : Yes, in the style of SMWorld, please. Please please please.

Anth0ny

There was no mention of the new Mario game being in the "New" style.

It probably will be, since they sell so damn well, but there's no concrete confirmation yet.

I want another 2D Mario, in the style of World or Yoshi's Island. Is that too much to ask?!?

Yep. Nintendo always said they would not charge for online, so I see them sticking to that.

As long as they don't, they will probably be my dominant online console.

I could see it if they hosted the servers though. For PvP? You charge for it and you can ensure I'll never pay it.*

*Not so veiled indictment of MS antics.

Terrell

Thought: Original Wii gets a firmware update to link your Wii purchases to a Nintendo Network account?

And are we actually going with NiN as the official acronym? Or still brainstorming it?

Balb

There was no mention of the new Mario game being in the "New" style.

It probably will be, since they sell so damn well, but there's no concrete confirmation yet.

I want another 2D Mario, in the style of World or Yoshi's Island. Is that too much to ask?!?

Yeah as much as I loved NSMB Wii I want the next 2D Mario to be a little more ambitious in the same way World was with exploration and such.

watershed

Banned
If NSMB3ds used cartoon like graphics like that wii wario game it would be so awesome! And the 3d would be especially impressive if MSF and Mutant Mudds are anything to go by. It seems like 2d artwork and 3d depth go really well together with clear, distinct planes. Nintendo should totally take advantage of this.

pramath

Banned
So here's an interesting question, I suppose...
200 titles were mentioned as being in development for the 3DS. Why did Iwata make no mention of third party support on the Wii U?

Note that I am perhaps more ridiculously excited for the Wii U right now than I ever have been (possibly for any console ever), but I did find his not mentioning Wii U games apart from a throwaway remark about 'having a good launch lineup' slightly... well, I mean, maybe I'm just looking for something to worry about (things can't possibly be all good, can they? Not with a Nintendo console FFS), but I dunno...

So would a new Yoshi's Island game incorporate cel-shading?

As long as they don't, they will probably be my dominant online console.

I could see it if they hosted the servers though. For PvP? You charge for it and you can ensure I'll never pay it.*

*Not so veiled indictment of MS antics.

I've felt for awhile now that they've found a way to copy XBL Gold without the fee. Don't know how that would happen, but I can see them figuring it out.

Linkhero1

Good news all around.

200 titles were mentioned as being in development for the 3DS. Why did Iwata make no mention of third party support on the Wii U?

Note that I am perhaps more ridiculously excited for the Wii U right now than I ever have been (possibly for any console ever), but I did find his not mentioning Wii U games apart from a throwaway remark about 'having a good launch lineup' slightly... well, I mean, maybe I'm just looking for something to worry about (things can't possibly be all good, can they? Not with a Nintendo console FFS), but I dunno...

How else are they going to build Wii U hype? Best way is to not let us know so we can speculate like crazy :)

E3 dude..E3

guek

Banned
Personally, I don't think they should have said a word about NFC until E3. It's a brilliant idea and a fantastic new way to create and sell products. It's such a good idea in fact that I fully 100% expect it in both the next xbox an ps4.

Top Bottom