• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting [Nintendo 1st Party DLC, NSMB3DS, NiN, Info In OP]

Somnid

I'm probably gonna get hated on, but I really hope NSMB has a new artstyle. Getting a bit tired of the last two looking the same.

No I'm sure most people agree this this is fair. While both had a very clean look neither was by an means amazing and probably stopped some people from enjoying it as much as they might have (especially given the prowess of Galaxy). I'm sure 3D will at least give it a punch.

Ill hate to see NSMB3DS look like a flash game love to see something along the line of Wario Land Shake It!

Agreed, the upcoming NSMB titles on 3DS and WiiU need to have a new look. I don't care if they both have the same style as long as it's not as bland looking as the other NSMB titles.

Nearly-released stuff like DS Air (or whatever the localised title was going to be) perhaps? Then there are games that were released in one Western territory and not another, that could be shunted over with little cost or effort - Tingle, Glory of Heracles for example.
Good point; I wasn't even thinking about all those "localized somewhere" games.

Good point; I wasn't even thinking about all those "localized somewhere" games.

You'd still end up with (potential) issues like whether Nintendo would release a game that made it out in the US in Europe - are they obliged to translate it into the standard five European languages, for example? - but it opens up a range of titles that could be made available.

Nintendo have also shown a willingness to release untranslated, or partially-translated, titles on the Wii VC before now so there's perhaps not much stopping them also releasing the one or two Japanese titles that require little or no facility with the language.

I'm just having a rethink about 3DS's 2012 undisclosed line-up; how many games have been announced we haven't hear anymore about since?

Ninja gaiden springs to mind, but I bet there are others as well escaping me right now.

Maybe we'll hear again at E3, or maybe some new announced games will spring up, at any rate 3DS needs more games for sure to keep the momentum going, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo will see at it.

TreIII

Agreed, the upcoming NSMB titles on 3DS and WiiU need to have a new look. I don't care if they both have the same style as long as it's not as bland looking as the other NSMB titles.

A new soundtrack style would be nice, too. Never have I been so bored with the OST a Mario platformer before the likes of NSMB and its sequel came along.

seady

This. I love me some Rayman Origins, but it is not as good as NSMBWii.

Yea. Rebel FM put it best when they said that NSMB's art style has a sterile, clinical feel to it. There's no soul behind it at all.

I agree… NSMB's art style simply have no soul. It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't have that whimsical art style from Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 3. Maybe it has something to do with the background not blending in with the foreground and the characters.

I want something using this art style or the 2D art in 3D Land.
142030-3-screenshot.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hope digital distribution is around by the time Animal Crossing comes out. That game would be the best to always have on the 3DS.

Honestly the reason why I bought a flash card for my DS was because I was fed up with having to lug around a bunch of games "on standby". Stuff like puzzle games and Animal Crossing that you play a few minutes at a time, and a few minutes every day. I'd recommend a flash card to anyone with a dozen or more games, it's just so convenient.

Back on 3DS's fiuture line-up, don't you think it's about time they announced some new Rhythm heaven game for the system?

Any guesses about the next games that are going to be announced for 3DS at next E3?

Terrell

You can, but they're imported from Japan. It's actually illegal for Nintendo to, say, sell a Wii there. There are absolute shit tons of imported PSPs there (likely part of the reason PSP sells so damned well in Japan, even between MH releases).

That's why I'm hoping that South Korea does well enough for them to start a Taiwanese arm of the company. If the Chinese are going to import, that's the place to do it from.

Talon

It just occurred to me that the Wii U probably has NFC for game identification.

Just tap the case against your console instead of typing in a 16-digit alphanumeric code.

wrowa

There's still a completely localized version of ASH laying around somewhere in NoA's dustbins. Maybe they could take the opportunity to make the game available for download...

I'm probably gonna get hated on, but I really hope NSMB has a new artstyle. Getting a bit tired of the last two looking the same.
haha i am pretty sure almost everyone here who even likes the games feels the same way. i myself also feel it's such a bland, lifeless, uncreative art style and would be ecstatic if they would go back the way of sprite work.

Back on 3DS's fiuture line-up, don't you think it's about time they announced some new Rhythm heaven game for the system?

Any guesses about the next games that are going to be announced for 3DS at next E3?

I think it's anyone's guess. I highly doubt Rhythm Heaven will be anounced since one was just released not too long ago and it has yet to be localized in the west. If by March we don't hear anything, I think that will rule out the possibility of a Pokemon Grey/Pokemon remake releasing this year. WarioWare has typically been a good selling series that releases early in a system's lifespan so I wouldn't be shocked if that will be anounced.

Mael

Zelda - Shipped numbers overview

Code:
[B]Release	System	Game							Shipped LTD	As of[/b]

1987	NES	The Legend of Zelda					6.510.000	MAR 2004
1988	NES	Zelda II: Adventure of Link				4.380.000	MAR 2004
1992	SNES	The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past			4.610.000	MAR 2004
1993	GB	The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening			3.830.000	MAR 2004
1998	N64	The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time			7.600.000	MAR 2004
1998	CGB	The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX		2.220.000	MAR 2004
2000	N64	The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask			3.360.000	MAR 2004
2001	CGB	The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons			3.960.000	MAR 2004
2001	CGB	The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages			3.960.000	MAR 2004
2002	GBA	The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords	1.890.000	MAR 2004
2003	GCN	The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker			3.070.000	MAR 2004
2004	GCN	The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords Adventure		N/A
2004	GBA	The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap			>1.000.000	MAR 2005
2006	GCN	The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess			1.320.000	MAR 2007
2006	WII	The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess			5.820.000	MAR 2011
2007	NDS	The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass			4.130.000	MAR 2008
2009	NDS	The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks			2.610.000	MAR 2010
2011	3DS	The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D			2.490.000	DEC 2011
2011	WII	The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword			3.420.000	DEC 2011

2007	WII	Link's Crossbow Training (w/ Wii Zapper)		4.800.000	MAR 2010

Yes! SS did better than WW!
According to this, does that mean that before OoT3D, TP was the most played Zelda?
Unless you count OoT that came in the other versions....
The numbers are pretty telling though, they should try to 1up Zelda 1 since they can't seem to 1up OoT and it's getting a bit stale at this point (for them to try I mean).

Taker666

It just occurred to me that the Wii U probably has NFC for game identification.

Just tap the case against your console instead of typing in a 16-digit alphanumeric code.

Good way of combating piracy perhaps?

Have an electronic sticker on /in every game box...which has to be scanned by your controller (once) when in range of your console... to enable the disc.

Cipherr

Have an electronic sticker on /in every game box...which has to be scanned by your controller (once) when in range of your console... to enable the disc.

Put the code in the disc! No but seriously whatever it is, their disc need to have 25GB or more of storage.

I hope digital distribution is around by the time Animal Crossing comes out. That game would be the best to always have on the 3DS.
Theatrhythm releases in February and has been confirmed to have DLC. So DLC will have started up before it releases.

Yes! SS did better than WW!
According to this, does that mean that before OoT3D, TP was the most played Zelda?
Unless you count OoT that came in the other versions....
The numbers are pretty telling though, they should try to 1up Zelda 1 since they can't seem to 1up OoT and it's getting a bit stale at this point (for them to try I mean).

Wrong thread. the 2D Mario thread was the one where someone said SS bombed so Nintendo has to listen to fans. Based on this data though it seems like they should be going after a Zelda more in the vein of TP. Granted I think a lot of the game was based on absurd hype than how the actual game turned out. I'd put SS, WW and TP all on a similar level quality wise granted SS was the most creative of the bunch.

Talon

Exactly. Much more convenient but still rage inducing.

I'm looking forward to this massive pissing match between publishers and GameStop.

StevieP

Banned
You'd rather write a 12 digit code?

The 12 digit code along with the fact both people have to add each other make the current system Nintendo has feel ancient.

I'd rather write a 12 digit code instead of the aforementioned -__x1x[penistits]x1x___- yes. The only *real* problem with Nintendo's current "friend" code iteration is that it doesn't present the other person with an add request. We all know why they did that lol, but it still sucks for us hardcore.

So here's a crazy-as-hell thought: Smash Bros F2P. Uses a LoL-esque model with a small rotating selection of characters for free. Purchase characters in either physical figurine form (with a small markup, but they are then tradable and you actually have a figurine) or as an online purchase.

That, to me, looks like a viable business proposition.

That, to me, looks like a disaster. Part of the reason why Smash Bros was awesome as hell was because of the 8 gazillion unlockables. DLC would slash that content.

Even if the game is undisputably a complete package in itself, there will be people vociferously complaining simply because DLC exists.

Approximately 99% (give or take 5%) of all DLC is garbage and poisonous to gaming.

Gee, Mario Kart Wii shipped 31 million copies.

Where does that put it in relation to Call of Duty?

Put the code in the disc! No but seriously whatever it is, their disc need to have 25GB or more of storage.

Wii U is using Blu Ray discs in all but name.

RPGamer92

Banned

My guesses would be an original Zelda game, Pokemon Ruby/Saphire remakes, Kirby, and Mario Party

Veal

haha i am pretty sure almost everyone here who even likes the games feels the same way. i myself also feel it's such a bland, lifeless, uncreative art style and would be ecstatic if they would go back the way of sprite work.

I really feel there is a lack of eyes in the NSMB games. There used to be eyes on EVERYTHING and I think that went into the identity of a Mario game.

Top Bottom