• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NX rumored to use Nvidia's Pascal GPU architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Unless they've lost their minds and decided to do it as a Digital Event.
I mean, as I've said before, it doesn't really matter since it's gonna be streamed either way. That said, invites would still have to go out for the behind-closed-doors demos if Nintendo goes with a Digital Event.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why won't people get on my AMD hype train?

x86 puma+
Polaris based gpu over 3TF
8GB LPDDR4

Let's go. Choo choo.

PgpXHjw.gif

HyGogg

Banned
Bayonetta 3 and/or Vanquish 2 announcement trailers would pretty much kill me.

Let Vanquish go. That whole team left Platinum right after the game was made and wnt on to do Evil Within. Getting the team together with the license is going to be impossible.

AniHawk

i hope the nx's reveal is a single tweet:

nx on march 21, 2017; holograms; $299.99 with zelda pack-in; n-stars, smash nx also launch titles; mario galaxy 3, bge2, bayo 3 also 2017

Ck1

Banned
Does it really matter how Nintendo showcases the NX whether it's live or Digital Event? I want them to do whatever is best to convey to the buying public the idea behind NX. Whether a crowd is there or not to cheer is irrelevant to Nintendo having one shot to prove how NX can change gaming.

We already know that they can wow a crowd, this is they company that when firing on all cylinders produces stuff like the Wii or shows up to e3 with 1 playable title and wins the best game of e3 award. If the concept of the NX is easy to sell, the hype behind the system will grow very quick.

Knobiwan

Neo Member
Well, for what it's worth, I'm the one that tracked down the source that gave 10k his April information, and even though I'm a junior it won't mean much to validate him but I can say for sure that the source is legit. I had a LinkedIn, website, and twitter that was deleted right after the interview, he was indeed with NoA. I was just really curious at the time and decided to give the contact to someone with more reputation so that they might be more likely to give out info.

It's not a lot of info, but considering the pressures that employees are under, the fact that it isn't much helps it validity IMO, and that he wasn't bullshitting.

Honestly as we (hopefully) near the end of speculation era I cannot wait to see what comes of all of this and what the answers to all these vague reports, leaks, rumors, and speculation become. Come on September!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo Co., Ltd. should be back in full operation in around five hours from time of writing this. I still don't expect any announcement happening before August 18 though.

Does it really matter how Nintendo showcases the NX whether it's live or Digital Event? I want them to do whatever is best to convey to the buying public the idea behind NX. Whether a crowd is there or not to cheer is irrelevant to Nintendo having one shot to prove how NX can change gaming.

We already know that they can wow a crowd, this is they company that when firing on all cylinders produces stuff like the Wii or shows up to e3 with 1 playable title and wins the best game of e3 award. If the concept of the NX is easy to sell, the hype behind the system will grow very quick.
for a console reveal, I think they should do it love definitely..

Retrobox

I almost gave in to the comments online saying Nintendo had lost their edge before E3. But after that Breath of the Wild man, I understood. Nintendo still got it in them. They can still cast that magic of theirs. You simply have to drive them into a corner so that they don't get too cocky it seems.
I also believe they learned from the Wii U reality check. They want a simple, yet effective message for the NX - streamlining if you will. I think that'll happen just fine.

ggx2ac

In a few hours. NCL employees will be back from their golden week but, it's still one more day until the 18th (as Rosti mentioned) to start waiting to see if something will get announced.

Edit: Damnit beaten.

maxcriden

Well, for what it's worth, I'm the one that tracked down the source that gave 10k his April information, and even though I'm a junior it won't mean much to validate him but I can say for sure that the source is legit. I had a LinkedIn, website, and twitter that was deleted right after the interview, he was indeed with NoA. I was just really curious at the time and decided to give the contact to someone with more reputation so that they might be more likely to give out info.

It's not a lot of info, but considering the pressures that employees are under, the fact that it isn't much helps it validity IMO, and that he wasn't bullshitting.

Honestly as we (hopefully) near the end of speculation era I cannot wait to see what comes of all of this and what the answers to all these vague reports, leaks, rumors, and speculation become. Come on September!

That's good investigative work, and appreciated. But, how do you know the person talking to 10k was in fact this person?

Banned
Rösti;213861807 said:
Nintendo Co., Ltd. should be back in full operation in around five hours from time of writing this. I still don't expect any announcement happening before August 18 though.
If I don't get an NX reveal date announcement in five hours I'm sending you nudes.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Rösti;213861807 said:

Nope, we're getting a press release the minute they open.

Ck1

Banned
This week or next does feel like the perfect time for them to announce the reveal date, remember back when Nintendo stated they made a $100 million technology investment, part of me is thinking that it was the early stages of what the NX is now.

@Nintendo spends over US$100m on mystery tech acquisition in 4Q, no word on what it is, QOL? new hardware related? unknown
— David Gibson (@gibbogame) May 7, 2014

ggx2ac

Rosti speculates that an announcement could come around the 18th of August. (currently NCL is closed due to Golden Week)

The best case scenario is that it gets announced this week.

I'm still looking at my odds (mentioned before in the other NX thread I think) that we might have to wait a bit longer.

Oh and it sounded like Rosti had a source which was why he mentioned to not expect anything before the 18th but, it probably doesn't confirm that an announcement will happen tomorrow.

ggx2ac

I'm starting to think there's a narrow time gap for announcement this week.

Assuming it's going to be announced during a weekday in regards to the Tokyo stock exchange.

Tomorrow definitely seems like the best time for it to happen. I'd begin to have less confidence they'd announce it on a Friday this week.

This is all on the assumption though they are acting according to their stock price value.

So take it as the wildest of speculation.

Retrobox

I'm starting to think there's a narrow time gap for announcement this week.

Assuming it's going to be announced during a weekday in regards to the Tokyo stock exchange.

Tomorrow definitely seems like the best time for it to happen. I'd begin to have less confidence they'd announce it on a Friday this week.

This is all on the assumption though they are acting according to their stock price value.

So take it as the wildest of speculation.

Appreciate your constant input man, you always seem to be abreast of things. Would be pretty sweet to get something to chew on this week!

ggx2ac

Appreciate your constant input man, you always seem to be abreast of things. Would be pretty sweet to get something to chew on this week!

Thanks.
_______

I don't know if I'm going to be right. This is going off of Rosti's info that we assume NCL is going to announce something.

I don't know if NoA/NCL is going to do it similar to what Sony did and send out invites before making the announcement of an announcement for PS4 NEO. (NEO PS4? Whatever the name is going to be, just taking a wild guess.)

Knobiwan

Neo Member
That's good investigative work, and appreciated. But, how do you know the person talking to 10k was in fact this person?

Thanks! I work in local news, I try to keep the journalistic faith. As to your question, if we take trust out of the equation, there was a tweet left up that I caught of him asking to talk to the employee. I messaged 10k and asked him to pull it down, for safety. The twitter account itself, which was active before I sent 10k the info, went down right after he got the info from the NoA contact. It was a not very used account, so I guess the contact just figured deleting it was the best option.

It still isn't much to go off of, but it is more than we have and is indeed legit. It was April though, so who knows what things might have changed, but everything that contact said holds up until now.

Dystify

So where do things stand now lol?

NX will be revealed in a single tweet by Nintendo, has holograms. Source: AniHawk

Nah seriously, people are expecting no announcements of the reveal date before the 18th. I expect next week or the week after.
Current reveal date may be before TGS on September 12-14 or so.

Tranquilo

Banned
I have two things, a comment and a question.

My comment: Why is this thread not looking to September 12 or the week thereof for the NX reveal? Remember the Gameblog article that correctly predicted the PlayStation Meeting on September 7? That turned out to be true, though we don't know for sure that the meeting will be where Sony reveals Neo. Anyway, in that same article it was speculated that one reason Sony decided on September 7 was because it wanted to avoid Nintendo stealing its thunder with an NX reveal the week of September 12. Here's the Google translation:
Nintendo NX could be presented officially the week of 12 September. Sony would anticipate the announcement to not be diluted mediatically speaking.

My Question: One of the features I wanted most in the NX was the ability to easily capture and / or share game footage; something like the share button on the PS4. What Nintendo lacks in its network / online prowess, I feel it could make up for in community. Miiverse is actually a pretty great place, and I use it all the time. The active communities (especially for Art Academy) are pretty killer, supportive, friendly, etc. I'd love for Nintendo to make it easier to share our gameplay experiences.
Would something like this be possible in a smaller, handheld unit? IIRC the PS4 has a separate processor that just deals with recording / processing video footage in the background while you play or stream, but I don't think there would be room for something like that in the NX. Or would there? Would a more advanced, Pascal / Tegra chip be capable of something like Nvidia's Shadowplay?

Dystify

I have two things, a comment and a question.

My comment: Why is this thread not looking to September 12 or the week thereof for the NX reveal? Remember the Gameblog article that correctly predicted the PlayStation Meeting on September 7? That turned out to be true, though we don't know for sure that the meeting will be where Sony reveals Neo. Anyway, in that same article it was speculated that one reason Sony decided on September 7 was because it wanted to avoid Nintendo stealing its thunder with an NX reveal the week of September 12. Here's the Google translation:

A lot of people are expecting the reveal to be in the days before Tokyo Game Show (starts September 15), which means September 12-14. It's been talked about quite a few times in the NX threads.

Would something like this be possible in a smaller, handheld unit? IIRC the PS4 has a separate processor that just deals with recording / processing video footage in the background while you play or stream, but I don't think there would be room for something like that in the NX. Or would there? Would a more advanced, Pascal / Tegra chip be capable of something like Nvidia's Shadowplay?

Shield Tablet already did, so yes!
https://youtu.be/6dM9uT05mLo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom